Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:21 am
All times are UTC + 0
Possible reasons why the game crashes with blank except.
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject:  Possible reasons why the game crashes with blank except. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So it's bugging me for a while that there were some random crashes, particularly the "main executable for YR has stopped working", then the except is blank so there's no way for me to figure out why the game crashes.

Anyway, the general scenario of my problem is when I strike a Nuclear Missile at a Yuri's base. I tried what I can to replicate and hunt down the reason why the game crashes but it's really difficult because when I'm trying to replicate the scenario, the game doesn't crash.

Are there or what are certain scenarios that the game will crash with no except?

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Missing/invalid animations maybe?

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
Missing/invalid animations maybe?

Hmm if that's the case, I'm wondering why it crashes when it's hit by Nuclear Missile. There's a specific InfDeath, explosions on buildings and vehicles are only just on ra2/ra2md.mix and it's obvious they're under [Animations] on rules and coding on art. Of course I did make sure that DeathWeapon anims are working on Yuri units.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you have ImmuneToRadiation units without the appropriate death anims, it will crash. My guess one of the units nuked is like that...

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
If you have ImmuneToRadiation units without the appropriate death anims, it will crash. My guess one of the units nuked is like that...

To infantry? I believe InfDeath=7 is always applied even with infantry that has ImmuneToRadiation. And if that's the case, the game should always crash on vanilla, particularly soviet vs soviet(Iraqi Desolators).

But if you're referring to tanks and vehicles, the only tank/vehicle with ImmuneToRadiation on my Yuri side is Chaos Drone. I tried hitting it with Nuclear Missile but my game didn't crash.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The game also crash in case of no projectile

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PussyPus wrote:
The game also crash in case of no projectile

Yeah but it gives out the reason why Fatal Error occurs so it doesn't have to do with my problem. You didn't even read my first post.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Infantry... and the issue could be in the art code, if you added custom infantry without all the DieX= anims for example.

Try adding an explicit DeathAnim= to the rules of your immune unit and see if it goes away?

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I tried hitting Tanya, in which she has ImmuneToRadtion=yes, with a Nuclear Missile but the game didn't crash.

And my custom Yuri infantry don't have ImmuneToRadiation.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah but do your custom Yuri infantry have valid Die1, Die2, etc. on their Sequences in artmd.ini?

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:
Yeah but do your custom Yuri infantry have valid Die1, Die2, etc. on their Sequences in artmd.ini?

Yes all of them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon