Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:35 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Bibs on gates?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Black Temple Gaurdian
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject:  Bibs on gates? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it possible to have bibs on gates, such that a unit will pass over part of it?

I tried simply creating a shp with the bit for the bib, but it doesn't show when the gate's fully open.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong (as there's very little code involved):
[NAGATE_NS]
Image=NAGATE_NS
Remapable=no
Cameo=SATNSICON
Foundation=3x1
Height=2
Buildup=NAGATE_NSMK
GateStages=20
NewTheater=no
SpecialZOverlay=NAGATE_NS
CanHideThings=False
CanBeHidden=False
BibShape=NAGATE_NSBB

EDIT: I am so dumb, it helps if I put NAGATE_NSBB.shp in the directory >_< Will report back if it works.

UPDATE: Technically yes, it's possible, but bibs disappear as soon as the gate starts to open. Will play around a bit, see if maybe I have to match the number of frames.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about NAGATE_NSBB though? Doesn't it have code too? Or do bibs not need code to work for your idea?
Usually (I think) bibs need no section.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Black Temple Gaurdian
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
What about NAGATE_NSBB though? Doesn't it have code too? Or do bibs not need code to work for your idea?
Usually (I think) bibs need no section.

Bibs don't need code afaik (none of the existing ones do at least).
Tried matching the number of frames in the hopes that that would be the issue, but alas, it seems something about how gates open stops bibs from being drawn.

EDIT: Okay, they all have an entry with "Layer=ground" except the service depots, the ones I was using for reference o.O

EDIT 2: Added:
[NAGATE-NSBB]
Layer=ground
GateStages=20

to no effect, unfortunately.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you wanted to super complicate things, a UnitDelivery superweapon where the building with the SW would be the Wall=yes overlay-type bib, dropping the 2nd building, a WallTower=yes gate on itself by autofiring when built.

But really, I don't know too much about gate logic; could it have an ActiveAnim that is the bib with Layer=ground?

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bib image can be copied to the frames of the gate SHP. Thing to remember is that all 3 cells are passable when the gate is opened.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe bib is tied to refinery, service depot, airfield, etc

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Black Temple Gaurdian wrote:
EDIT 2: Added:
[NAGATE-NSBB]
Layer=ground
GateStages=20

to no effect, unfortunately.

yes, because the name is NAGATE_NSBB, not NAGATE-NSBB
but it wouldn't work anyway, because you have there a section defining an animation, for which GateStages doesn't work.

If anything i would try using
UnderDoorAnim=NAGATE_NSBB on the building section in art.ini.

Obviously when a gate opens, it switches entirely into the special animated gate image, just like a factory which switches to UnderDoorAnim and DeployingAnim when a unit leaves the factory, for one being the image rendered below the unit and the other above the unit.

Probably easier would be to use an activeanim, since i doubt they are deactivated during gate opening as well.
[NAGATE_NS]
:
ActiveAnim=NAGATE_NSBB
ActiveAnimDamaged=NAGATE_NSBBD

[NAGATE_NSBB] ;add this to [Animations] list in rules.ini
Start=0
End=1
Rate=0
Layer=ground

[NAGATE_NSBBD] ;add this to [Animations] list in rules.ini
Image=NAGATE_NSBB
Start=1
End=2
Rate=0
Layer=ground

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Black Temple Gaurdian
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It appears activeanim are in fact deactivated when gates open.

Will try UnderDoorAnim soon.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh. do you tried all 4 of them?
In TS some ActiveAnims had hardcoded stuff applied which the others didn't.

So sometimes it was better to just use ActiveAnimFour than the others.

Public SHPs

Tools

Black Temple Gaurdian
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
oh. do you tried all 4 of them?
In TS some ActiveAnims had hardcoded stuff applied which the others didn't.

So sometimes it was better to just use ActiveAnimFour than the others.

Huh, I did not know that. Will test.

ActiveAnim, ActiveAnimTwo and ActiveAnimThree all don't work. Couldn't find anything on ActiveAnimFour, but tested it anyway, nada.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, then you really can't do anything else than copy the bib directly into the gate anim.

For that Image Shaper might help.
Load the bib in the left column, then the gate anim in the middle column.
Image Shaper should then combine the 2 images for each frame and create a new SHP with them mixed together.

Public SHPs

Tools

Black Temple Gaurdian
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh I already have the gate as a whole, I was actually separating them to try and get units to go over the bottom of it.

I guess I'll ask Ares for a fix to it and in the meanwhile use a different gate design.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have you tried AttachEffecting the bib andfiddle with the animation's Z offset/layer tags to set it below other stuff?

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Black Temple Gaurdian
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
Have you tried AttachEffecting the bib andfiddle with the animation's Z offset/layer tags to set it below other stuff?

I wouldn't know where to begin, AE confuses the heck out of me.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Turn the bib into an animation, you can use a custom palette for it to still use the building palette with CustomPalette=unit~~~.pal on the art code and like Graion said, ZAdjust of something like 500 (I'm pretty sure positive is down, negative is up). Then on the gate itself in rulesmd.ini, you would add:
Code:
AttachEffect.Animation=NewBibAnimName
AttachEffect.Duration=-1
AttachEffect.PenetratesIronCurtain=yes

Black Temple Gaurdian
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That worked!
Sure I gotta align it still, and it's way more effort than if bibs just worked, but thanks to you all I now have gates with floors that units pass over! Very Happy

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Black Temple Gaurdian
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well... I don't know how to explain that.
It's got maybe two lines different from my code, but it works.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon