Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:31 am
All times are UTC + 0
DC Uprising Extended lacking maker
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject:  DC Uprising Extended lacking maker
Subject description: Dunno who made this.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Who made this?

While we're at it: anyone know where to get the full DC map (RA2 All06+Sov01 together)?

I know MO has used it for Soviet 13, but I'm not sure if it was made by the team (which means the full DC is MO-exclusive) or they used a template.

DC Uprising Extended.yrm
 Description:
Who made this?

Download
 Filename:  DC Uprising Extended.yrm
 Filesize:  278.54 KB
 Downloaded:  79 Time(s)

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Virgil
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess it's made by HurrKurrDurr and just in the map archive or somewhere else in this forum.
As for The Raven,the map disign is by Lovalmidas according to credits in mentalomega.com so it should be an exclusive map

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Virgil wrote:
As for The Raven,the map disign is by Lovalmidas according to credits in mentalomega.com so it should be an exclusive map

But all he did was put Sov01 and All06 together and extend/fix where necessary, right?
Which means I should be able to replicate it.
But what I'm habing trouble with is how do people put two completely different maps together at the right points?
Copy-paste piece by piece?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Use the copy whole map option & then paste it onto a new map, use trial & error until you get it to lined up correctly. You'll need to manually re-add all of the units & buildings though, because they aren't copied.

I started making a full RA2 DC map over a decade ago but never finished it, I can post it here & you can finish it if you'd like.

dc3.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  58.31 KB
 Viewed:  7704 Time(s)

dc3.png

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had the link of this map with the author but the link got deleted after recovering my old 2011 youtube channel since 2014 when i made my new channel that i still use right now.. so the link is dead

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
I started making a full RA2 DC map over a decade ago but never finished it, I can post it here & you can finish it if you'd like.
I'd like at least looking at it via FA2, if I could use it too it'd be great!

(tho, just to be clear, you're not going as the guy who made the awesomely dedicated D-Day in the credits #Tongue)

Mig Eater wrote:
Use the copy whole map option & then paste it onto a new map, use trial & error until you get it to lined up correctly.
I have frankly no idea how to even get it to align in the first place, but I guess I need to see what happens when I paste the copied map onto a much larger one first.
EDIT: Copying the whole map is not an option unless the copied part is small enough for you to know where the frig you're putting it in relation to the existing map or your monitor/screen-resolution is big enough so you don't cut anything from the existing original.
The last one is not an option because severe friggin' lag on a high-end machine.

Wonder what happens when I copy an overly large map in the first place #Tongue

Side-note: does RA2 have problems with 200x200 maps in general or only when overly detailed? Got a warning about height+width > 256 being a possible problem for RA2 when re-creating Los Santos today.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
Side-note: does RA2 have problems with 200x200 maps in general or only when overly detailed? Got a warning about height+width > 256 being a possible problem for RA2 when re-creating Los Santos today.

On oversized maps I've noticed pathfinding bugs (too many turns = fail) *sometimes* purely from distances alone, and in the case of ranged weapons like carriers, they tend to move to some random corner or edge of the map and shoot from there, instead of moving towards the target, again failing.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is the map file.

dc 3.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  dc 3.rar
 Filesize:  232.13 KB
 Downloaded:  79 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice, I'll have a look at that when I have some time.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:

Ignore that warning, game can handle upto map size of width + height <= 512. Observed in TS that when the number of lines in [IsoMapPack5] crosses 9750, which happens due to lot of details, IsoMapPack5 decoder in the game is not able to handle that many lines, so gives glitch at bottom-left corner. IsoMapPack5 can be compressed to get a couple of thousand lines using Starkku's Maptool.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
Ignore that warning, game can handle upto map size of width + height <= 512.

The game will load them but there will be problems.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK: are you making a mission or what?

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Affirmative; I'm using this a "base map" which is then modded as needed.

I wanted at least Building and unit positions be as close as possible to the ones you find in the multiple missions that take place in DC, maybe improve them a little.

That'd be sov01, sov08, all03 & all06 I think.
I also got inspired by the DC Uprising skirmish map.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon