Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:09 am
All times are UTC + 0
Thread to the trash.
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
None
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject:  Thread to the trash. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ra2 fanbase doesn't help and it's not the first time I see this on this forum. Sorry for annoying you with my low lvl skills in map coding.
Ra2 community in a whole (not just this forum) lacks respect. Last time I view this thread after this edit.

Last edited by None on Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No no no psychic beacon doesn’t control anything. It uses some map trigger that switches owner. I suggest you to have a look at a campaign map that involves a psychic beacon.

None
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
No no no psychic beacon doesn’t control anything. It uses some map trigger that switches owner. I suggest you to have a look at a campaign map that involves a psychic beacon.

I can't just give the psychic beacon the primary weapon of yuri prime? but how do it? and make it capture max buildings within range?

djohe
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have you considered experimenting before asking like any sensible person would do... Hint make a new weapon that have raised max number of mindcontrol links and a mindcontrol warhead that works with buildings and adjust the range and ROF to what you want etc...

Do note it looks stupid with over 14 mind control links for a 2x2 building like the beacon or 28 links for a 4x4 building like the Amplifier unless you skip rendering pips.

What I just said is for actual weapon equiped beacon/amplifier and not the way Westwood did in their missions for RA2 that used triggers.
You should consult the rulesmd.ini for the modifications you need and then edit the map file with notepad2 / notepad++ (ztype microsoft notepad)

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Thread to the trash. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

None wrote:
Ra2 fanbase doesn't help and it's not the first time I see this on this forum.

And what are you plan to do about that, to cry more?

None wrote:
Sorry for annoying you with my low lvl skills in map coding.

You do not annoy anyone with low skills (at least not me, but I can say so for others).  Its just that you registered yesterday ,,Joined: Yesterday", name is ,,None", ou just have two posts, and those are requests.
In past too many people just registered for help, contributed nothing and when people from here spend time to help then, those never ever appeared here.
Like in your case, you did not even bother to show some screenshots of what are you planning to do. You did not show proof of your work or what, you just asked for help, nobody came SO FAR (you did not wait enough, maybe someone would respond) then you cry about community.
So it is your behavior not coding skills. Everyone started with shitty skills, me too. I still suck at many things. But I learn occasionally, I am not complaining.

None wrote:
Ra2 community in a whole (not just this forum) lacks respect. Last time I view this thread after this edit.

Respect has to be earned. Maybe you did not get respect (yet), but you did not show it either yourself. And yes, RA2 community sometimes suck, but you are certainly in no position to judge that.

Now, regarding your question, people answered you. So I suppose same. See [MultipleMindControlTower] weapon for example.

[MultipleMindControlTower]
Damage=3
ROF=100
Range=7
Projectile=PsychicControl
Speed=100
Warhead=Controller
;Report=YuriMindControl
Anim=YURICNTL
FireOnce=yes

So, lets start. Damage=3 that means how many victims is weapon to control, three in this case. You can expand at more.
ROF=100, that is 100 frames between two mind controls. You can decrease it as you wish if you want faster reload.
Range=7 that is range, if you want more, put it.
Projectile=PsychicControl, leave that.
Speed=100, leave that too.
Warhead=Controller, well here is trick.

[Controller]
Verses=100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,0%,0%,0%,100%,100%
MindControl=yes
AnimList=YURICNTL

Verses determines which armor types are going to be damaged or controlled in this case. Those ,0%,0%,0% are reserved for building types (none, flak, plate, light, medium, heavy, wood, steel, concrete, special1 and special 2). wood, steel and concrete in this case cannot be targeted.
That is why you need this warhead

[ControllerBuilding]
Verses=100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%
MindControl=yes
AnimList=YURICNTL

Yuri Primer uses this so he can control buildings.
So, you replace Warhead=Controller for Warhead=ControllerBuilding.
Everything else you skip. Damage, Range, ROF and Warhead are the most important for you now for start.
Yes, you can use Superweapon thanks to Ares now, this possibly can work, although I never tested it yet. But since you do not know basic things, you did not bother to learn so far, it would be useless that we try this yet.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

djohe
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: Thread to the trash. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MasterHaosis wrote:
You did not show proof of your work or what, you just asked for help, nobody came SO FAR (you did not wait enough, maybe someone would respond) then you cry about community.
If you looked at the time of him editing his first post you would have noticed it was after I made my post in this thread and after his second post. And I said everything that was needed without making it spoon feeding / copy pasting. (gotta use atleast some effort newbies! because the stuff that was requested is not rocket science the slightest)
So MasterHaosis your homework for today is actually read whole thread properly + looking at edit time of first post instead of just reading first post and not looking at time.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, I can create thread in 24. then day after in 25. just like he did I will edit completely (from request into complaining, completely different subject) and you should  dream what did I previously wrote even if you were not present that day? Ah yes, you should do your homework and do it on time. There is limited time for those, if you do not read their messages in 24 hours since writing all will be lost and it is all your guilty.

And yes, I did read his post, but not everyone was present there in that moment. He gave people one day literally (Posted: Tue Jul 24, Last edited by None on Wed Jul 25, 2018) and got upset because nobody responded to him. Oh yes and name of thread ,,Thread to the trash"

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon