Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:18 pm
All times are UTC + 0
FLH Finder SW not working
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Flaguna
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject:  FLH Finder SW not working
Subject description: self-explanatory title.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello. This time in my misadventures at coding and learning I discovered Mig Eater's FLH Finder (https://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?highlight=flh+finder&t=37359), wich, in theory, seems to be a must need tool to everyone. But in my case, I'm unable to make it work for some reason. I tried:

1) "Play Animation at..." trigger in FA; and
2) a superweapon;
3) AttachEffect.Animation on the vehicle.

For some reason, the superweapon doesnt show on the defenses tab and the animation itself doesnt appear too (on 2 and 3) I tried to modify the code that came on the package but nothing changed. Can someone help me?

Also, adding a superweapon is something completely new to me, so keep that in mind; aaaand, for some reason, AttachEffect.Animation seems to not work for me, because I tried to add a different animation to another vehicle and it didnt work.

Code:
Rules

[FLHFindSpecial]
UIName=NOSTR:FLH Finder
Name=FLH Find Special
IsPowered=false
DisableableFromShell=no
RechargeTime=1
Type=GenericWarhead
Range=5
LineMultiplier=1
SW.Range=5
SW.Damage=0
SW.Warhead=FLHFindWH
SW.Sound=PsychicSensorDetects
SW.ShowCameo=yes
SW.ManualFire=yes
SW.AffectsHouse=all
SW.AffectsTarget=ground,water,infantry,units,buildings
Action=Custom
Cursor.Frame=259 ;(Paradrop cursor)
Cursor.Count=10
Cursor.Interval=5
Cursor.MiniFrame=516
Cursor.MiniCount=4

[FLHFindWH]
Verses=100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,0%,0%
AffectsEnemies=no
CellSpread=5
AttachEffect.Animation=FLHFIND
AttachEffect.Duration=-1

[Animations]
xxx=FLHFIND

[Warheads]
FLHFindWH

[SuperWeaponsTypes]
xx=FLHFindSpecial

Art

[FLHFIND]
Normalized=yes
UseNormalLight=yes
LoopCount=-1
LoopStart=0
LoopEnd=1
Layer=ground
AnimPallete=yes

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does it work if you attach it to a unit directly with?

AttachEffect.Animation=FLHFIND
AttachEffect.Duration=-1

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Flaguna
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope. There was supposed to be a 4 cells static "healing" ring around this vehicle in particular, but as you can see, the problem is on the AttachEffect.Animation itself.

EDIT: adding the same animation on the weapon's Anim= works

no anim.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  51.01 KB
 Viewed:  1735 Time(s)

no anim.png

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you sure Ares is installed correctly & that you are launching it via the RunAres.bat file. (do you have any other Ares features working?)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Flaguna
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
Are you sure Ares is installed correctly & that you are launching it via the RunAres.bat file. (do you have any other Ares features working?)

I'm 100% sure. I have Ripple effect (as seem in attachment but barely visible), various loose audio files and a new, 100% working faction for Yuri using the Ares tags.

I'm trying to run Ares as a admin to see if it fixes the problems, but I had no luck with that.

Proof that the animation actually works on the weapon's Anim= (using LoopCount=110)

mhc with anim.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  94.29 KB
 Viewed:  1698 Time(s)

mhc with anim.png

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have you tried using an other anims that you know work? Such as:

AttachEffect.Animation=MONEY
AttachEffect.Duration=-1

Flaguna
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
Have you tried using an other anims that you know work? Such as:

AttachEffect.Animation=MONEY
AttachEffect.Duration=-1

Just tested that.

money.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  46.25 KB
 Viewed:  1687 Time(s)

money.png

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok so the code works but the shp doesn't, where have you placed the shp, loose in the folder or in a Mix file?

Flaguna
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
Ok so the code works but the shp doesn't, where have you placed the shp, loose in the folder or in a Mix file?

Loose on the folder. But I have other shps that I use that work just fine. Fact is that the FLHFIND shp is on a mix file but doesnt work. Huh.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try redownloading it, it's possible yours is corrupt, and just place it in the folder.

Flaguna
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:
Try redownloading it, it's possible yours is corrupt, and just place it in the folder.

Tried it, doesnt work either.

Strange thing is, when I add new animations, some of them work, some dont. Simply as that. Sometimes adding Layer=Ground solves the problem, sometimes dont.

Example:

[GRMUZZLE]      this animation works
Layer=ground
Normalized=yes

[IONCUT]          this one dont
Layer=ground
Normalized=yes

GlaWorker
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe it will be easier to use HVA Builder?

01.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  239.78 KB
 Viewed:  767 Time(s)

01.jpg

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GlaWorker wrote:
Maybe it will be easier to use HVA Builder?

As I mentioned to Banshee, the coords it generates are inaccurate since if doesn't understand shrinkage or voxel shifting.

If you use the HVA Builder WIP7 release, it has a grid for the ground layer, each square being 25x25 leptons, so it's slightly less than the cell size for 10x10 (250 vs 256) but close enough to use as a visual starting point. Only load the turret, and from an overhead view, ballpark how many grid boxes are forward of the center axis.

The vertical leptons are half as tall, or twice as many for the same distance...

That all said, you'll find many of the actual muzzle flash or similar anims are actually not centered correctly, and you could have the perfect FLH still look wrong without fixing them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon