Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:59 am
All times are UTC + 0
GTA San Andreas' Los Santos map
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject:  GTA San Andreas' Los Santos map
Subject description: Was one ever made?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just asking for confirmation and ideas.

I'm recreating Los Santos from GTA SA and kinda need some inspiration for many buildings that, of course, don't exactly exist in RA2YR.

Has anyone ever attempted to make a replica or an "inspired" map? Just asking for confirmation and link (for analysis, IF it even exists).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
ForceDot
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Never heard of that. I would be a very large map. Why not make one?

Try AI Myth mod and You'll stunned with the Myth! Very Happy

---My channel Smile---

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ForceDot wrote:
Never heard of that. I would be a very large map. Why not make one?

I started, but then had to stop over university.
Now that there's only one exam left for the semester, I hope I can finish it before the next one begins.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have made and seen maps that are replicas of real cities (other than the few in RA2). Even with the greatest mapsize, you run out of space fast.

Maybe it would be best to do this in OpenRA where you have more space. I think their map sizes can be greater. This said, they refuse to unleash RA2 on that platform...

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NimoStar wrote:
they refuse to unleash RA2 on that platform...

But the source code to make it yourself is there, right?
I mean, it's unstable, and definitely not everyone will get to play it, but hey! It exists!

NimoStar wrote:
best to do this in OpenRA where you have more space.

While reserve space is always good, I doubt that my Los Santos will get bigger than 200x200. At least, I hope so...
Still, this is GTASA's LS we're talking about, not GTA5's version.

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well yes the problem is that if you make it yourself then its a full mod which has to be downloadad and supported and not just a downloadable map.

Oh, Los Santos is a lot bigger than you think im afraid...
It is 21 square miles.

A RA2 big map is like 4 square miles?
3200m x 3200m seems like a big-scale approximation of its capacity, even that seems way too much (it would be 32 blocks "tall" and "wide")

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kindly stop ruining my dreams, Nimo #Tongue

But yeah, last I chked, I think I will indeed run into space problems if I intend to copy all of the roads and parking-lots from GTASA's LS...

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Better to anticipate dreams ruined than to start only to see there's no way to do it :V

But, you can do a "conceptual" approximation of the most important places.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NimoStar wrote:
you can do a "conceptual" approximation of the most important places.

I was thinking of copying those as much as I could in RA2/YR. But as I said, I fear running into space problems.

Hmm... I'll see if can cut down details in rather unimportant spots.
Thanks for the tip! Smile

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for the bump, but I need help, and bing and google have failed, again.

What's this? It's something in airports in 1992, but apparently no longer exists nowadays.
Whatever it is, its name has been shortened to "airyelrm" in the game files, according to the map editor.

Here are some lovely pics.

EDIT: I just found some names for these things.
lodprtbits, airprtbits
(lod seemingly stands for "Long Distance")

SharedScreenshot.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.4 MB
 Viewed:  1816 Time(s)

SharedScreenshot.png

SharedScreenshot.jpg
 Description:
Someone has LayerRender-issues...
 Filesize:  319.82 KB
 Viewed:  1816 Time(s)

SharedScreenshot.jpg

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is 160x130, you'd have no hope of making Los Santos, but you could make a reasonably detailed section of it...

thumb_citylimits.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  173.66 KB
 Viewed:  1811 Time(s)

thumb_citylimits.jpg

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
This is 160x130, you'd have no hope of making Los Santos, but you could make a reasonably detailed section of it...

I'll get to that when the time comes. ATM, it looks it'll fit in my 200x200 map, tunnels and all.

Have you seen the two pics up there? Halp...

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lod stands for Level of Detail in which there's multiple models for the same object with less to more polys and details so the game can use low detail models when further from the camera to limit lag and high detail when close up.

As for the images, no idea, their version of lowpoly speedbumps?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon