Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:53 am
All times are UTC + 0
Train Bridges Help
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
leaoaltamirano
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject:  Train Bridges Help
Subject description: How to replace high wood bridge overlay with train bridge
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey guys, I was wondering if there's a way to make/activate train bridges. I remember reading somewhere that it's possible to replace the high wood bridge with a rail bridge graphic in FA2. If so, would you guys know how to do it? and what files i need to achieve this? I'd really like to add a train bridge to my map.

Capture.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  424.87 KB
 Viewed:  1835 Time(s)

Capture.PNG

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can make the wooden bridge look like a train bridge by extracting the railbrdg files from the Terrain expansion (in the expandmd06.mix file) & renaming them to bridgb.

AFAIK this would be just be a cosmetic change tho as the logic for trains to use bridges is broken in RA2. The files in the Terrain expansion were made in hopes that it might be re-enabled by NPatch/Ares in the future, but that has yet to happen.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Virgil
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe you can find it somewhere in that long-long list of all the overlay types.

leaoaltamirano
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh man, that's unfortunate. I was reading through yesterday and saw that the rail bridges used in tiberian sun were working. I thought it would be the same for YR. Thanks anyway!

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
You can make the wooden bridge look like a train bridge by extracting the railbrdg files from the Terrain expansion (in the expandmd06.mix file) & renaming them to bridgb.

AFAIK this would be just be a cosmetic change tho as the logic for trains to use bridges is broken in RA2. The files in the Terrain expansion were made in hopes that it might be re-enabled by NPatch/Ares in the future, but that has yet to happen.

IIRC Wooden bridge does allow trains movement so simple re-skin should work.
And people asked for Npatch having a 3rd brige type

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tested it a few months ago with a player built & controlled train & they weren't able to go over a bridge. I didn't test it with a pre-placed civilian train controlled by a map script tho so maybe it does work that way.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
leaoaltamirano
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh that's great! I'll try it out when I get home from work today. Ah, and I believe I saw that feature from your post, Gangster, the train from TS crossing a train bridge.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

leaoaltamirano
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good news guys, I tested it out, and indeed it does work for scripted trains. Thanks for your help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon