Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:08 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Apply anims to building animations?
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:28 am    Post subject:  Apply anims to building animations? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For example, in RA3 and Generals building structures have Sparks and Scaffolding.

These are handled differently than the actual "building animation"; which is very limited. (for example, it has all to be integrated and has a set number of frames, etc.)

In those other games there are actually different models and effects involved in buildings. To reproduce some of those features like slow-building scaffolding and welding sparks, we would need some system like this.

If nothing like this is implemented I reccomend:

Building.Anim1=XXX
Building.Anim2=XXY
Building.Anim3=XYY
Building.Anim1Loc=-22,33,34
(Positional control of Y,X and Z axis)

Building.Particle1=XXX
(Specially for sparks)

These would normally be "loop=-1" anims so they should be deleted by the special construction code at construction end.

So, what do you think?
Is there anything that already enables this? I don't think so...

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pretty sure AttachEffect could do that...

I'm not familiar with it tho, so you might want to see how MO did theirs, copy, mod and test.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02, attacheffect 'attaches' to objects, not something that is in middle of an construction and besides it lacks such finesse control.

Anyways none of that kind feature exists, if you can't do all that in single anim as an artist then it can't be done presently unless by some miracle AlexB is compelled to start developing this more complicated construction system which I would not hold my breath for xD

Technically you can do this with LKO's imageshaper to join multiple anims into one anim but you are of course limited to the single palette.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:
TAK02, attacheffect 'attaches' to objects, not something that is in middle of an construction and besides it lacks such finesse control.

So you can't attach an AttechEffect to an anim? I was thinking attaching an anim to the buildup anim...
But if doesn't work, OK then.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Attacheffect can't do anything like this. Even if there was a way to attach something to a construction (which there isn't), attached effects only appear at the center of the object AFAIK, and don't support particles.

Anyways an attacheffect to a building would be nice too, even if not as nice as this.

Buildings in construction states are entities according to the game, which is why you can kill them while they deploy or sell, so the attach SHOULD work if it works on buildings.

Construction.Attacheffect= could be on the technotype.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why cant you just make your own custom buildup anim?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And furthermore it's an animation that goes by very quick that it almost goes unnoticed most of the time when you're hurriedly building, unless you play on 15fps speed for some reason.

Make a buildup scaffolding animation,render the foreground and background separately, and overlay/underlay it onto the original buildups if you want them all to match. It's a bit of work, but you only really have to make a scaffolding animation for each cell size. (2x3, 1x3, etc.)

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scaffolding...

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
Scaffolding...

Didn't know this was featured in ares and i thank alex_b Very Happy

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
And furthermore it's an animation that goes by very quick that it almost goes unnoticed most of the time when you're hurriedly building, unless you play on 15fps speed for some reason.

Not necessarily. You can make very slow building anims, by controlling how long it takes to deploy with DeployTime.

This was for a project recreating RA3 soviet faction construction

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon