Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:17 pm
All times are UTC + 0
[HELP] [MULTYPLAYER] new ammo type, copying tanks
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
nicoandreasj
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject:  [HELP] [MULTYPLAYER] new ammo type, copying tanks Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello ive got 2 questions,

1. how do i make a whole new ammo type ? like Rhino tanks uses 120mm, for example now i wanna make 121mm. how do i do that ?

2. what do i do to copy a tank? for example when i play Soviets, i wanna have the option to build 2 different Rhino tanks, they look the same but they dont act the same.

what are the things i have to do for this ?

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did you try to look RulesMD.ini ? You can use ini for your questions.

nicoandreasj
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BySc wrote:
Did you try to look RulesMD.ini ? You can use ini for your questions.

what do you mean ? i do use ini to edit my maps….

Virgil
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

by 120mm you just refered to a weapon,not ammo. Ammo is the thing used by vanilla aircrafts, and it is a PipScale, it does nothing more than show you how many shots a unit can fire before it needs a reload.
You can have as many weapons as you want, just copy one and change its codes and you are done.
As for your second question, copy all the code of [HTNK], change its name to something else, then add this thing to the end of [VehicleTypes], and you got a copy of the dear rhino tank. Change whatever you want.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Trust me, 105mm and 120mm have the same size.

McPwny
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

first of all are you trying to mod the whole game or put a mod on a particular map?

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You never know what works and what doesn't in a map file #Tongue. You'd better edit the main rules ini and that's the safest way.

McPwny
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

(almost) everything in rules.ini does. even multiplayerdialoguesettings...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon