Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:25 pm
All times are UTC + 0
So you thought I was worried about Article 13 for nothing
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [29 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject:  So you thought I was worried about Article 13 for nothing Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee you're going to have even more fun with this one than the DPR...

I don't think they've even considered what this will do to forums specifically, I know they aimed it at Googly and other content/link aggregators. They can finally shut down TPB and virtually any site they deem "fake news" (ie. tells the true anti-EU/anti-globalization/anti-migration narratives)...

thatface.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  43.88 KB
 Viewed:  7349 Time(s)

thatface.jpg

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is indeed a potentially dangerous law... for big companies. The upload filter will not directly affect small/micro enterprises and sites like PPM. Note that it isn't working yet.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Will the new GDPR law affect PPM? or should i say will PPM shut down because of the GDPR?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

None of these laws will shut down PPM. GDPR has affected PPM in some way, since the site/forum terms of use changed because of that. This copyright one doesn't seem to affect PPM directly at all, but indirectly, it will affect bigger sites that PPM may use data from, such as YouTube.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And what of our modding?

Will everyone here now need a license from EA to mod any of the C&C games?
Or make/modify assets for these games (import and export shenanigans)?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not at all. The article 13 form this copyright  directive that they want to employ are targeted on big companies that copy the content of big media sites. I.e.: Google News accessing and copying content from media sites like The Guardian, BBC News, etc...

It has nothing to do with modding as far as I know. Also, if EA and other game development corporate wants to wipe a mod of the internet, they already had other legal resources, starting with the wonderful cease and desist email from their lawyers.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If EA wanted to shut down modding, they could've done so decades ago. I'm pretty sure the EULA and terms of use already prohibit any kind of reverse-engineering or meddling with the game files, which we do on a daily basis. The new legislation hasn't changed this. Thankfully for the C&C community, EA keeps overlooking this issue.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee, with respect, you are a blind fool.

The problem is that while these laws are indeed directed towards the 'big guys', the problem is the laws were somehow passed through despite being far too vague to discern properly what qualifies as one of the 'big guys' and what doesn't.
This in turn means the EU governement over here can shut down or at least block anything and everything "social".
They want power. And what better way than good ol' control, command and conquer?
(lol, WW foresaw the future!)

The Silence is about to suffocate us. Literally.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zzzzz.....

TAK02, some of these polemic items already exists in the laws of Germany. Have you seen anything related to that happening here?

If these authorities want power, money or their own mothers is none of my business.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
these authorities want their own mothers

ROFL!

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AFAIK they removed all German newspapers that wanted money from Google News after the "Leistungsschutzrecht" was made a law in what, 2012(?). Google only linked news that gave them the permission to use their content for free, so a lot of publications went that route pretty quick and it's back to business as usual.
Same thing will happen here and if it doesn't, big companies are going to retaliate with "malicious compliance".

The only time anyone's going to go after some place like PPM, is when someone goes on a crazy, inane vendetta like Alex Mauer. There's nothing for us to worry about at all, you're over-blowing the whole thing.

EDIT: @Tak02, stop listening to G-E's political ramblings, it's only making you paranoid.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:
stop listening to G-E's political ramblings, it's only making you paranoid.

I'm already paranoid and distrusting, tho G-E had nothing to do with that one Smile

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
4StarGeneral wrote:
stop listening to G-E's political ramblings, it's only making you paranoid.

I'm already paranoid and distrusting, tho G-E had nothing to do with that one Smile

Not always, at least the wildfire was all a zion trick, and i am sure of it.

EDIT: they even want all non-jewish people to be slaves for them, did you see how crazy are they?

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am not sure why any of you care...

If any of you think EA, Developers, Distributors, or lawyers even remotely care about this place and what happens with these old games you would be wrong. There is no money in these old games.

Look what happened with the music industry after all that legal non-since happened (it crashed, do to bitter people). If they think/attempt to stop fun, people will fight back, it would be a huge profit loss.

It seems people are making mountains out of ant hills.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PussyPus wrote:

Not always, at least the wildfire was all a zion trick, and i am sure of it.

EDIT: they even want all non-jewish people to be slaves for them, did you see how crazy are they?

Someone (*looks up*)  is consuming some seriously dangerous drugs recently...

It's just fire, damn it.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Once again, political hackery of career bureaucrats shines through...

unaware.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  177.12 KB
 Viewed:  7105 Time(s)

unaware.jpg

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Today's problems can be summed/dumbed down to this:
Bureacracy, a dictatorship disguised as a democracy, "democracy", corporate greed...
Did I forget anything?

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Perhaps you forgot to spare us from your crap. #Tongue Laughing

TAK02Guest

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bumping and posting as guest because reasons!

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is because turkey is from europe, i am not living in an eurpoean country, kinda lucky

TAK02Guest

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PussyPus wrote:
This is because turkey is from europe, i am not living in an eurpoean country, kinda lucky

What in the world does Turkey have to do with this?!
Pus, you're saying things that are wholly unrelated and off topic...

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
Today's problems can be summed/dumbed down to this:
Bureacracy, a dictatorship disguised as a democracy, "democracy", corporate greed...
Did I forget anything?

Well, I agree on that one. Pretty much this is happening in whole world.
I mean, I am not sure if this statement has anything to do with current subject, as people like Banshee and others know this better. I am not much into Eu laws and such, so I cannot judge this new law, but I saw on internet overall that people are upset much lately about new copyright laws.
Personally, I like and dislike this for two reasons:
First, I do not like because I am enough of those EU ,,leaders" and their democracy, where they only created chaos, more and more by each passing year.
But for second, I like that something at least came, because some companies like facebook and google are out of control already. Big players really lately became frequent at newspaper, but not for good manners.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The entrenched career bureaucrats/technocrats (and other unelected functionaries like the "SES") are one tier of the problem, but the elites who pay for public agendas, and the puppetmasters above them are getting desperate to control the narratives.

Has any of you noticed this panicky urgency lately? Suddenly climate change hysteria ramped up in under 2yrs by 10x, the UN human migration pact, the Paris Accords, the embedding of "human rights" language into trade deals...? They are losing control and they know that the way the pendulum is swinging back hard to nationalism/sovereignty, if they don't ram through their soul crushing paradigm, they may never be able to.

merksov.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  67.52 KB
 Viewed:  6600 Time(s)

merksov.jpg

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E, United Nations is one useless organization. They step aside and watch shit happens across the world as they are unable to do anything. And yet, their UNESCO is far worse. But I do not know if this is related to topic here.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

World governement?

Excuse the crude language, but that's the biggest pile of bullshit I ever heard.

UN sucks US' wishes (which in turn sucks business men wishes), and the EU loves a censored dictatorship like the one Hitler built, only this time with an anti-non-Eurpo-P-Ean discimination/holocaust.

G-E's post is related to this because the ones running the country are absolute idiots, and the folks they control are even bigger idiots for letting themselves be controlled and silenced.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/lets.roll.3/posts/1975610462521519

Important related video... the global migration pact.

Nice, we're starting to get real with a fully cnesored democracy that isn't even a democracy!

Then again, not sure about the mass immigration topic myself, but still!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [29 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!