Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:14 am
All times are UTC + 0
Corrupted VXL?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject:  Corrupted VXL?
Subject description: I dunno what went wrong...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Halp.

What causes this?
The only possible reason would/could be incorrect HVA resize...
At least, I think it was resize via HVA Builder...

EDIT: probably should've mentioned this:
The VXL and HVA open fine in the editors.
But Ares-powered YR doesn't like 'em...
Could ID play a role here?

Yuri's Revenge 13_09_2018 12_12_30.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  667.25 KB
 Viewed:  840 Time(s)

Yuri's Revenge 13_09_2018 12_12_30.png

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, I have no idea what I did.
Here's the VXL and HVA.

tkGunColor.vxl
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  tkGunColor.vxl
 Filesize:  140.76 KB
 Downloaded:  7 Time(s)

tkGunColor.hva
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  tkGunColor.hva
 Filesize:  88 Bytes
 Downloaded:  2 Time(s)

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's a weird bug.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The vxl has a corrupted/missing header.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Open in VXLSE, go to section -> voxel header and set the normal's mode to RA2. Currently it is set to 0, it is 4 for RA2.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks gorgeous

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
Looks gorgeous

Thanks, tho it ain't mine.
All I did was export from Source Filmmaker into Blender to 3DS and into VXL from there #Tongue

The texture is nowhere near complete tho...

E1 Elite wrote:
Open in VXLSE, go to section -> voxel header and set the normal's mode to RA2. Currently it is set to 0, it is 4 for RA2.

Thanks!
It's fixed, but is this normal (see screenie)?

One last thing: how/where do you correctly resize the unit?
It feels too big, and I'd love it if somone could help out so the unit takes up only one a cell like the other tanks, even if only partially.
It's too big right now...

Yuri's Revenge 16_09_2018 07_40_46.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  746.61 KB
 Viewed:  762 Time(s)

Yuri's Revenge 16_09_2018 07_40_46.png

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is better to choose the right size when converting with 3ds2vxl. Play with other parameters as well in 3ds2vxl.

To make it look smaller through VXLSE/HVABuilder, you have rely on transform matrix or voxel bounds.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What does transformation matrix do any way? And how?
Is there any reason why there're ones only in one line?

Right size wasn't exactly and option with the detail level I can get with so many voxles mashed together Wink
(does it even work that way?)

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Transform matrix contains the scale(size) and animation info for a single frame of animation for a section. The diagonal 1s in the 3x3 are the scale for 3 dimensions. By changing those 1s to say 0.7 it will scale the model to 70%. Can be done with HVA Builder.

Voxel bounds apply to entire section, so you don't have to apply the change to every frame of animation. Voxel bounds can change position in x/y/z directions.

In 3ds2vxl, you can try model scaler to like 0.4 and set voxel resolution override to 0. And see if it looses detail.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon