Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:17 pm
All times are UTC + 0
WAR vs SKIRMISH
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject:  WAR vs SKIRMISH
Subject description: Please read it all
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ofcourse all of us knows that one of the dis-advantages of RA2 or C&C games generally is that it depends on the strategy of hit&run which in short means that if you was not faster than your opponent certinly the game will be over in seconds to you.
May be its normal and this style of play makes sense because you can't win if you are slower in your stratgies or tactical moves but here what a I wanna say what if you just was super fast and built a couple of tanks and planes and sent them to the AI base but when you are there you say OMG its a really huge base filled with multi  enormous numbers of defenses and it just took no time for the AI to build it and ofcourse it won't take much time to put a quick end to your forces.
I'm not speaking about making the game slower by and you may say that the sloution to that enormous defenses is to send a bigger numbers of units to deal with it which is gonna make the game take a longer time and my answer to you is NO, it's not the sloution, so what it could be?
Look I don't want to bother you but here is the initial changes in the mod I'm working on
Building time reeeeally short
Starting credit is 50,000
Harvester makes you earn about 45,000 every time it drops it's cargo in the refinery
And those were the key to my idea to the turn the game from skirmish to a full scale war
Basicly these ideas were not mine its from a mod called APOCALYPSE BLACK MISSILE by ULIMER
But before talking about how I made my own hand changes and tweaks
I want to know if you like the idea and feel free to credit me by what yo think but pleeeeeaae in a constructive way
And sorry about this huge post
In the end its for our lovely RA2

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just so you know, to balance out horrible AIs, you need them to cheat. Things like extra cash and (with mods) AI-only buildings that are cheaper (both cost and power-consumption wise) and allow AI to build more units at once only help make the AI bunker down more.
This is suppossed to emulate a human player's thoughtfulness when placing defenses and how units are moving about. See how this guy plays to get a visual of how real war is supposed to be simulated.

Does anyone know if an AI Team can be scripted to retreat to base and re-fill the Taskforce list if it has lost 75% (or a variable if possible) of that Taskforce?
If it were possible I suppose something would've been up about that by now, but I can't see anything regarding that, nor have have I seen anyone outright say "That's impossible".

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Virgil
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I personally dont like such a "full scale war", as too fast build up usually only means the player getting tired cleaning up everything AI has built and is building in order to win a simple skirmish, not even to say a campaign in which both have a base. It could take me 10s to destroy one tesla coil and the AI takes 1s to build a new one or even two, which will just make me give up the game and open another one not so tiring.
Technically speaking ,you can just keep the income unchanged and make everything cost 1$, they also build so fast and dont throw you any economy problems. It's quite simple, but the game will just turn into a endless survival mode of Plants vs Zombies. No offense, this is just what it sounds to me.

TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First, I just wanna say that u have no idea of how much I'm happy that some one replied at me specially you my syrian bro " I do wonder why replying is rare in this community"

Any way I made the AI just F..... tougher,wealthier,filthier than u can imagine

AI has building produces money and not allowed for human players
AI defenses varies from one shot killer tower like chrono or mind control towers to deadly SAMs
to normal fire bower like cannons to fast firing laser or the normal tesla PLUS vehicles as a base defense including hovering helicopters to landing ones to the fleet specialized for guarding air and ground

AI is very organized when attacking your base and every move you make have an AI team to counter it

you can not simply depend on your toughest unit its gonna be a team work simply full-scale war

I wanna be brief but its a lot of work I did and yet much to do because it has gone complicated you know I wanna make perfect AND A PERFECT WAR which is making hard to me to finish it

psssst do you know that I CANT  enter the AI base with these  choppers in the air and I just cant find a solution to it the same the AI cant enter my base while they r up in the sky unless u each of send a classic old fashioned vehicle with anti air to drop them with the risk of losing them all coz u cant enter the base AND that why I wanted to make subterranean and chrono APCs thus they can enter the heart of it deploy some 15 anti air troops to with only one mission to drop them down which is a suicide mission

And yet there a lot of dilemmas I wanna solve but its gonna take time

so any help will be appreciated
THANKS BUDDY Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Virgil wrote:
Quote:
I personally dont like such a "full scale war", as too fast build up usually only means the player getting tired cleaning up everything AI has built and is building in order to win a simple skirmish

Well, it happens that I'm a one who love building large defenses to be like a bunching bag untill I rise up in power "IF I COULD" so I start launching assaults as forwarded defense lines  one after another so the victory will be epic

Quote:
 It could take me 10s to destroy one tesla coil and the AI takes 1s to build a new one or even two, which will just make me give up the game and open another one not so tiring.

I did put that in mind so its not that fast it will be disturbing but trust me as long as your attacking force is well planned and supported the AI will simply break down and of course that is not gonna happen from your first assault Am I wright???

Quote:
Technically speaking ,you can just keep the income unchanged and make everything cost 1$, they also build so fast and dont throw you any economy problems. It's quite simple, but the game will just turn into a endless survival mode of Plants vs Zombies. No offense, this is just what it sounds to me

I liked that part you r completely right but trust me that by the time I'm finding solutions and as I said to TAK02 my AI has become very wealthy and organized but yet its a tiresome modding that way but what if I made it?
it will be good won't it??

PSSSST: Thanks for replying

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum