Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:07 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Light towers & Invisible light posts
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
C0uCHP0t@t0
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject:  Light towers & Invisible light posts
Subject description: Quick help from community
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear Tiberian Sun community,
1) When making a map that contains veinholes, what do you have to do to properly illuminate the veinhole surroundings in orange and in the same time let the veinhole animation intact.

2) How can you make light towers to face at certain dirrection; and if that affects the light tower, which was enabled in rules.ini and its light circles around it?

Thank you very much for all of your responses.

Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If the veinhole is at a higher height, it doesn't need extra light posts. In lower height case if need be, you can put the invisible light post of your choice like yellow light on the nearby veins. It might be too bright. The light post values could be adjusted in the map itself which will override the rules.ini values locally.

When you place a Light Tower in the map, double click on it in FinalSun. You can set it to no spotlight or as in rules.ini (arc) or circle. When you place more than one tower in the same line of x or y coordinates, those will swing in opposite direction.

Can look at my map at here. It has the light tower examples. Can open map in a text editor and check for the changed light post values. Basically you can reduce the intensity and spread the light to larger radius for better looking. Also in the map file the spotlight flags like SpotlightMovementRadius can be altered.

Last edited by E1 Elite on Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Virgil
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Spotlight faces the same direction as the buildings facing when rules.ini settings(No.1) is used. To make it circling around the tower, use the circling one(No.2). In FA2 (with Ares restoring spotlight) this is how it is set, I guess FinalSun settings should be the same.

C0uCHP0t@t0
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear Virgil and E1 Elite,
Thank both of you for your replies.
1) Regarding the light tower, I have set the direction of it to 0 and have selected the option 2 which states circle/direction. If I have understood everything, this Light tower will face above mentioned direction.

2) What to do about the Invisible orange light posts, so they will ignore Tiberium veins?

Thank you again for your time and reply.

Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. Direction is not for buildings like this spotlight tower, it will have no affect. It is for buildings like Nod's Laser which has turret that can change directions. For the circle setting, the spotlight will move in circle.

2. You can open the map file in a text editor and add like ImmuneToVeins or Immune like

[INORNGLAMP]
ImmuneToVeins=yes

C0uCHP0t@t0
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear E1 Elite,
I have looked at the map you have made and noticed that you left the direction of the Light towers at 64 (default) and have selected option 1 (read Rules.ini), but when I checked the map fsgdi03, I noticed the developers spececified the direction of the Light towers and also selected option 1 (read Rules.ini). My question here is what to do next?

At Firestrm.ini, I have added the [INORNGLAMP]
ImmuneToVeins=yes option to Invisible orange light post so I presume the veins will ignore all future Invisible orange light posts in all maps. Will this work?

Thank you for your time and for your reply.

Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Buildings like the spotlight are 2D images and those don't have different direction/facings. So, the direction field like 0 or 64 does nothing for these, you can set it to any valid value. Are you asking the direction of the spotlight sweep? You can change the spotlight related flags in the map file itself like changing the sweep to make a full circle or half circle arc etc. Search for spotlight fields in rules.ini like SpotlightAngle. Also look at ModEnc - https://www.modenc.renegadeprojects.com/Spotlights

If you change it in Firestrm.ini and distribute the map only, the change will not take effect for other people. When you put the change in the map file itself, the change will work for others also.

When you change it in firestrm.ini it will take effect for all maps when playing TS with firestorm expansion. If you play only TS without expansion, that invisible orange light will not work.

C0uCHP0t@t0
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear E1 Elite,
Thank you for such a quick reply. I understand know that the spotlight works differently than I have tought.

I am still trying to understand how things work in Tiberian Sun, so to come to conclusion, how do you import effects to maps (Invisible orange light post and Light tower spotlight - what to change in this case) and is it possible to make copies of the Light tower in Rules.ini each facing different direction and of course how to make that.

Thank you again for your reply.

Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

Virgil
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually FinalSun will put all new things (buildings, infantrys and vehicles) with facing 64, and facing on buildings only work on their turrets(if any), so their is no difference between 64 and 0(which is the game default) on buildings. However from what I know, this does not include spotlights on it. What spotlight(width, speed etc.) you get depends on those codes controling it, and the facing of spotlight depends on the building's facing. If you set the spotlight behavior to "Circle" then it will just circle around the building, there is nothing facing can do, so what I said is just for when you dont set this.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Open the map file in any text editor, then copy the changes for that sections like:

[General]
SpotlightAngle=0.9

[INORNGLAMP]
ImmuneToVeins=yes

This will change the behaviour for those sections in that one map only.

[Structures]
139=Neutral,GASPOT,256,112,97,128,040034C0,1,0,1,0,1,None,None,None,0,0

That facing value can be set from 0, 32, 64 ... upto 256 for 8 diirections. If you are using arc option 1, then the spotlight will sweep in that direction. If option 2 circle is used there will be no effect of direction. Look for Facing in TS values at ModEnc. This is a structures entry in map only, so it cannot be changed in rules.ini.

Edit: Also look at the spotlight field in the structures field of ModEnc. Correction - that swing in opposite direction is based on the [Structures] index rather than on x or y coordinates.

C0uCHP0t@t0
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear Virgil and E1 Elite,
Thank you both for your replies, it helped a lot. I am very grateful to see honest and dedicated individiuals helping those who are still learning all the things you know and can do with the game itself.

Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon