Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:41 pm
All times are UTC + 0
AI building placement Issues
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
WoodleMyNoodle
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject:  AI building placement Issues Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought I made this thread a few minutes ago, but I probably didn't click submit  Crying or Very sad

Anyway, I am having some issues with AI building placement, where the AI tries to place a building, but since it can't; it will loop, trying to build the same building until it finds a good spot to place the building.

I don't get it though; there should be sufficient space to place the building.
Now, I want the AI to place the building without getting stuck in some endless loop. Are there perhaps any tricks regarding this that might solve this problem which I don't know about?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I played around with the AIBaseSpacing a bit, but 0, 1 & 2 all didn't seem to do the trick unfortunately.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you are using Ares, then associate a hotkey and check with AI Base planning dump in the log file. Typically when AI is not able to place walls when ProtectWithWall is used, AI goes into loop. Units deploying into buildings could also cause such situation by not giving any gap.

Check if you have changed any flag values in PlacementDelay or MaximumBuildingPlacementFailures.

Also play in maps with larger base space.

Are you making AI to build a 0x0 building?

WoodleMyNoodle
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PlacementDelay=.05
MaximumBuildingPlacementFailures=18

Happens with multiple buildings, ranging from a warfactory to a techcenter for example.
I'll check the ai base planning soon.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As a rule, maps with lots of sporadic trees and stones will give the AI fits trying to place in its spiral pattern. I'd start with the map...

WoodleMyNoodle
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aight I'll give it a try after I remove a few trees here and there.

EDIT: Removing one tree which didn't even seem like it was in the way all that much worked like magic. Thanks for the tip.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon