Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:33 am
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberian Dawn & Red Alert 1, being remastered by Petroglyph!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [44 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject:  Tiberian Dawn & Red Alert 1, being remastered by Petroglyph!
Subject description: Let's get some real music with master Klepacki! */me does a happy dance *
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The announcement comes from the official source: Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert 1 are being remastered at Petroglyph Studios and being published by EA. Frank Klepacki will be doing the music, of course. Here's the whole thing:

Quote:

Fellow Command & Conquer fans,

A month ago, we let the Command & Conquer™ community know we were bringing the franchise back to the PC, starting with a remaster initiative.  The reaction from fans has been amazing, with many of you sharing your favorite C&C moments from the past 23 years. We have been reading these comments and listening intently.  And now, we are ready to reveal our first PC offering and how your suggestions are already influencing our approach.

Today, I’m thrilled to tell you we are going back to the beginning. We have decided to remaster Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn. And while this is incredibly exciting on its own, we’re also aware of how passionate the community is about the Red Alert universe.  So, we will also remaster the original Command & Conquer: Red Alert™.  But what about the classic expansion packs you may ask - Covert Ops, Counterstrike, and Aftermath?  Well, C&C and Red Alert wouldn’t be the same without them, so all three expansion packs will be bundled with the base games into one remastered collection - without microtransactions.

In addition to the excitement and support of this remaster initiative over the past month, there has also been a healthy skepticism that we can pull this off. How are we possibly going to remaster these titles while maintaining the authenticity of the original experiences? Bottom line, there is no better way to achieve this than to partner with some of the talented developers who brought these original games to life.

So, after years of the fans asking for their involvement, I am humbled to announce that EA is going to partner with Petroglyph Games to develop the C&C remastered collection.

Petroglyph Games includes many of the original developers from Westwood Studios, and some of the most influential members of the original Command & Conquer development team from 1995. Joe Bostic is known as the co-creator of C&C, having also served as the Lead Programmer on Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert. Steve Tall joined Joe as a Lead Programmer on Red Alert, and Mike Legg contributed to all forms of audio systems at Westwood, having been an employee since 1986!  All three members helped start Petroglyph Games in 2003 after the closure of Westwood and are joined by a veteran group of RTS developers from the past 15+ years. And don’t think we haven’t noticed the #1 request from the community in all the comments from the past month...  You want Frank Klepacki. So as a cherry on top for the fans, we are thrilled to announce that Frank will be re-joining Petroglyph Games to be our Composer and Audio Director for the remaster collection!

On a personal note, I can tell you the past few weeks have been surreal. During my first visit to Petroglyph, I was able to brainstorm “C&C feel” with Joe, sit with Frank and hear him recite Commando lines, and gab with Steve about whether we should fix the Tib Dawn Harvester AI.  Getting to chat C&C with the original developers has been one of the highlights of my gamer journey, and I can’t wait for all the incredible conversations to come.

In addition to the fantastic team at Petroglyph, we will also be partnering with Lemon Sky Studios to help bring these original games to 4k glory. Lemon Sky is one of the premier art studios around the world, with a unique specialty in remastering classic RTS titles.  After meeting their team and hearing their passion for C&C, we are incredibly lucky to have them team up with Petroglyph to develop the highest quality C&C possible.

The exciting part is that we haven’t started development yet. The community is literally getting in on the ground floor of this project and have every opportunity to help influence how we build this remastered experience. Please continue to engage on Reddit and community channels and help us create the best possible remasters of C&C and Red Alert!

Welcome Back, Commander!

Jim Vessella

Jimtern

There couldn't be a better start for that, isn't it true! So, yes, I am excited with it and I am pretty sure that many of the visitors of this site also are.

We'll keep up posting more updates as soon as we know more about these two remasters.

Anyway, thank you, EA and Petroglyph for my birthday present. You almost got it right: it is tomorrow Wink.

Key Words: #News #TiberianDawn #RedAlert1 #CommandAndConquer #PetroglyphGames 

Houseplant
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:25 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This sounds good.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I first read that on their facebook page, I had to check to make sure it wasn't April 1st.

This was the thing we've always wanted, but never in a rat's arse on a blue moon did we ever think would happen.

I'm also as cautious as I am optimistic; we'll see if EA can resist the habit of digging their grubby mitts in too deep, and spoiling a good thing (erm, Battlefront II)

If it's a success, I can only imagine they'll continue this effort onto other C&Cs, and maybe make other impossible dreams a reality like Battlefield Tiberium or something. Boy what a cool prospect.

Also, happy birthday Banshee!

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hope they make it all the way to Ra2:YR Very Happy

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Happy BD to Banshee = happy BD to PPM #Tongue

#Birthday

On a more related note:
Ladies and gentlemen, I think it's time we got the Brotherhood back together for a celebation!

RA1 Stalin wrote:
It's time to celebrate!
drinks tea and dies

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well that's certainly promising...

Allen
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting but this Evil Arts. The snake in the grass is more trustworthy.

C&C in RA-1 Get it here
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30101 100+ Single Player Missions! Now playable on CnCNet 5!

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It sounds great. I'm fascinated to see how they approach it.

I hope they don't let the CG cutscenes govern their art design too much. Would love to see an RA with more period-appropriate stuff instead of an obvious rush-job mismash of 80s/WW2 tech.

I wonder how much they'll be altering gameplay. Plenty will change just because they'll be using a new engine. But for example, will they leave RA's balance untouched? It's kind of a clusterf*ck, to be honest.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First of all, thanks for all of you who wished my a happy birthday.

And EVA-251, with the involvement of Petroglyph Studios and some of the lead coders of the original games, the hint (or joke) of the harvester AI algorithm above, I'm actually starting to believe that at least one of those members of Petroglyph might have an... errrm... "unauthorized" copy of the source code of the original games with them. With that said, remaster might be a real possibility in this case.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wonder how they try to balance RA1 consider that game has zero balance between allied and soviet. XD

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kind of disappointing...

I really am just not impressed by all these remakes/remasters...

Madin
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy_Master wrote:
I wonder how they try to balance RA1 consider that game has zero balance between allied and soviet. XD

Heavy tank rush! Turn off slow unit build!

EA is going to curb stomp my 2 favourite C&C games, I cannot wait to be disappointed!

TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ofcourse this so good, It's great to relive the RA1 or the legendary TS again with high quality graphics.

BUT, isn't it strange that the result of "the poll" was to make a whole new franchise, with taking the best of  gamplay,logic,graphics from the RA2YR, TS2, Generals and Renegade??????

May be it's a start and they just wanted to test the idea, even though I'm afraid they only make a graphical remake without any brilliant ideas or new gameplay style

Oh, Happy birth day BANSHEE

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:

And EVA-251, with the involvement of Petroglyph Studios and some of the lead coders of the original games, the hint (or joke) of the harvester AI algorithm above, I'm actually starting to believe that at least one of those members of Petroglyph might have an... errrm... "unauthorized" copy of the source code of the original games with them. With that said, remaster might be a real possibility in this case.

You have a point. It would take a conscious effort to replicate the shitty harvester AI in a newer engine. But it could just be a joke, as you said.

I'm not a programmer so I may be totally wrong on this...but I'd think trying to adapt a 20-year old engine to an HD remaster could be more difficult than just making/adopting a newer engine for that express purpose.

This isn't Quake or Doom, where the engines have been constantly updated and maintained over the last two decades, with new features added and compatibility assured

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EVA-251 wrote:
I'm not a programmer so I may be totally wrong on this...but I'd think trying to adapt a 20-year old engine to an HD remaster could be more difficult than just making/adopting a newer engine for that express purpose.

This isn't Quake or Doom, where the engines have been constantly updated and maintained over the last two decades, with new features added and compatibility assured

If they wanna make it a success, they're gonna have to make it similarly moddable and that's not exactly easy to accomplish with engines not designed for it.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
If they wanna make it a success, they're gonna have to make it similarly moddable

Nonsense.

If the designs, the first impressions will be strong enough to give the people back the vibes they had with any of the games up to RA3 - no matter which game they will end it up associating with -, it will be a success. A lot of games/genres were able to pull that off. Reliving retro brands is a strong opportunity nowadays and that alone can sell games. That's why the fighting genre resurged after the arcade era died off.

While mods did give a somewhat longetivity to the brand, there's no need for the newer game to be moddable. Starcraft 1 got resurrected without any emphasis on modding either and noone bothered calling on that. Warcraft 3 reforged tries to embrace modding, but I'm betting that they won't fix the sole biggest limit of that engine either - asin the ability to put in custom voiceovers. Besides, War3 is somewhat easier to redo since WoW also uses a lot of the underlying of War3.

Modding is nowhere near important anyway.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EVA-251 wrote:

Not if they want to keep the feel of the original game. It could be easier to just adapt / make a new RTS engine for the remaster than to update the original engine from its 20+ year old source if they just wanted to make some kind of a game based on the original concept, but if they also want it to feel like the original game, it's probably easier with the original source. Just like how every community attempt to re-create TD and RA1 has had significant behavioural differences compared to the original games. (Chronoshift could very well be succesful in replicating the original RA though, time will tell.)

The fact that Petroglyph still has programmers who worked on the original games might however change this somewhat. If they remember enough details of the original implementation (or have the design docs) they could possibly write a new engine from scratch / adapt an existing engine and still get it right.

The difficulty of updating the engine to modern standards also depends a lot on the code itself. They'd need to rewrite the rendering code and update the code that interfaces with the OS, but the game logic code might be usable even today.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GD: Bullshit, by now C&C is basically synonymous with modding... it is what has sustained interest while all the boneheaded moves by EA threatened to destroy it.

Ramp: I agree with you, the renderer and file loading code could easily be split into plugins and most of the existing engine reused. I'm not suggesting that's what they'd do, but updating the old codebase for modern graphics and maybe even multi-threading wouldn't be as hard as developing a new engine.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what worry me is TD and RA1 gameplay is very outdated compare to RTS in today both game also doesn't seem to build with multiplayer in mind and despite the game offer only 2 factions game balance has no where to be found (specialize RA1 where soviet get all cool stuff and usable while Allied is very gimmicky impractical), I'm excite to see new graphic but for game play I hope they made some change to it or offer extra game mode separate between classic and modern rules.

but one my biggest question is will they plan to recast FMV in HD with Joe Kucan? XD

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy_Master wrote:
what worry me is TD and RA1 gameplay is very outdated compare to RTS in today

Same point here. They are not even fun to play nowadays. I wonder if this can really revive the series.
Even if they remake RA2, if they don't support old mods it will be the same.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mechacaseal wrote:
i dont enjoy playing any of them anymore. ive done every strategy to death. i think the C&C games are severely outdated. they shouldnt be making remasters of it. depending on how they do it yeah i may try it. but honestly id rather they not.

Yea, they're going to have to make sweeping changes if they want to give people enough of a new experience, with the retro feel, but without feeling like a high-res knockoff.

We discussed UI changes in another thread, but even that's not enough, they need a dominant paradigm with a clear focus that all the balance revoles around. Like how infantry is useless in some games, and overpowered in others, that's not a case of rock-paper-scissors, that's an unbalanced design choice where they are relegating whole tiers of units to be obsolete.

As I recall the paradigm for SimCity #1 was distribution and disaster response, SimCity 3000 was all about planning and happiness, SimCity 4 was all about economy and upgrading. Very much the same game, but very different playing styles were necessary, and we need that kind of transition for any remastered C&C to be a big success.

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd rather see TD, TS and RA2 in classic isometric environment
with same INI editing (if not easier if possible)
just game engine to be made for bigger resolution

but since this will be 100% done in 3D, then i'm not into it...
never liked CnC3 nor RA3... (or generals #Tongue)

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hope they apply army customize of C&c rivals to future game since it's such a good concept.

Comrade-Sandvich

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hope we can get an Army Paitner in C&C similar to one in Dawn of War.

Mechacaseal
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy_Master wrote:
I hope they apply army customize of C&c rivals to future game since it's such a good concept.

until you realize your match is imbalanced and you cant build the unit you need to counter your enemy. i recently reinstalled rivals and they made zone troopers kill their counter which was basic infantry. they also made them shoot air now. immediately uninstalled after not being able to counter zone troopers match after match. broken concept.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mechacaseal wrote:
Holy_Master wrote:

until you realize your match is imbalanced and you cant build the unit you need to counter your enemy. i recently reinstalled rivals and they made zone troopers kill their counter which was basic infantry. they also made them shoot air now. immediately uninstalled after not being able to counter zone troopers match after match. broken concept.

that's price to pay when we let's balance in player hand as long as player can access every unit in the game to build their own deck and all units truly balance it's was fine. XD

(in your case sound like zone trooper simply just OP but IMO number of unit player can pick pick to the field is too small in rival...)

Last edited by Holy_Master on Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kikematamitos

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EA has already decided to remaster TD and RA1, so there's no point in having another survey. Not to mention that EA especially partnered up with Petroglyph to remaster TD and RA1, considering that that's what they (ex-Westwood Vegas staff) worked on, while RA2/YR (which currently appears to be leading in your survey) was developed by Westwood Pacific (of which for as far as I know no old staff members joined Petroglyph).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Mechacaseal
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Petroglyph suckers companies into making games for them based on their former westwood credentials. all their games they made were dead on arrival. seems fitting to sucker EA out of money by once again digging up the former westwood carcass. another low grade mod for their grey goo game engine. cant ea find a real company to make a modern rts game? just play 8 bit armies to get a good idea at how bad Petroglyph is at making C&C-like games with their engine.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mechacaseal wrote:
Petroglyph suckers companies into making games for them based on their former westwood credentials. all their games they made were dead on arrival. seems fitting to sucker EA out of money by once again digging up the former westwood carcass. another low grade mod for their grey goo game engine. cant ea find a real company to make a modern rts game? just play 8 bit armies to get a good idea at how bad Petroglyph is at making C&C-like games with their engine.

such eye cancer inducing foul mouthed crap. please just go away and never come back.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Mechacaseal
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Mechacaseal wrote:

such eye cancer inducing foul mouthed crap. please just go away and never come back.
ironically youre the only one swearing. stop derailing threads cause you disagree with people's opinions on said subjects. thanks. Refer to their game steam stats to show their games are in fact all dead:
https://steamcharts.com/app/427250
https://steamcharts.com/app/290790

Why would you want them using this technology to make a new C&C?

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mechacaseal wrote:
Refer to their game steam stats to show their games are in fact all dead:
https://steamcharts.com/app/427250
https://steamcharts.com/app/290790

If you'd bother to look at the charts yourself you'd notice that, yes, the games are nowehere near as active as MO or those other huge mods/games, but as long as you have at least 10+ players at any time, you're good.

Also, Grey Goo looks good, sounds good. Gameplay looks like a C&C+SC/WC mix to me, bottombar and all that.

8-bit armies felt... silly, I suppose? But again, good soundtrack. What can we expect? Frank Klepacki was there.

Wonder what happened to David Arkenstone and the composer for the Emperor Ordos tracks...

Last edited by TAK02 on Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Amazing pixel art style!

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Truly I quite agree with Mechacaseal  at some point, Petroglyph is really weird company they know their fan follow them because of C&c but their project is all over the place mostly is the game no one ask for even their kick starter project show....

there're some interesting game like Universe at war and Grey Goo but they abandon the game like immediately after release, they can't even keep any franchise with their own...

it's been like 10+ year but they still didn't have any core franchise to serve as the face their company like Westwoord has C&c Blizzard had Starcraft riot has league of legend.

even so I still can't see any company suite for c&c remastered other them since there're only few RTS game company left in game industry and at least they still have some passion on making RTS game.

While I didn't like EA too much but keep bad marketing gimmick and micro transactions aside their product is very polish and their graphic team is amazing at least I can expect visual quality from this remaster.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Petroglyph has done any amazing job with Star Wars: Empire at War. It was really their best game so far and the most successful commercially because Star Wars is a very powerful franchise. However, the game itself was well designed and fun. Simple on some terms, yet quite creative. Universe at War and Grey Goo were their best shot at their own franchise, but as Holy Master has said, they've dropped their support for these games very early after the release of these games.

Quote:
I can expect visual quality from this remaster.

It will be made by a third party company (Lemon Sky Studios) which has a good reputation with Starcraft Remastered and graphics for the Uncharted franchise as well.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As an aside Banshee you should try to get these guys over here, the quality of work they are doing remastering is impressive, they are scaling everything up to be gorgeous!

https://www.moddb.com/mods/empire-at-war-re

Mechacaseal
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what game engine do they plan to use? the original like starcraft did? ugh. i look forward to seeing new graphics for the games tho. i dont care about playing the gameplay of tiberian dawn. red alert aftermath i found pretty fun if you ignore the tank spamming and q spamming that makes it too over powered leaving little room for the many other strats you can do in the game. i dont look forward to the same gameplay if they dont add to it. i wonder if this will kill cncnet community or if itll work with them like the starcraft remaster works with the original.

Surgeon
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm kinda unsure how I feel about it just because they're labeling it a remaster. I'll go ahead and assume they're gonna use a new engine and not actually just polish up the gfx of C&C97, so it's technically a remake. Still, is it going to be 2D? 3D? Hoping all the conveniences of newer RTSs get implemented.

Tbh I'm personally hoping for a full on remake, new units and features and everything. Chances are slim, but oh well. Anyone remember the Renovatio mod for C&C3? Gotta say I'm a big fan of the visuals, would definitely get a RA1 remake that looked like this.

https://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/10/9970/1.jpg
https://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/10/9970/3.jpg
https://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/10/9970/MOTY04.jpg
https://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/10/9970/HPads02.jpg

TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Surgeon wrote:
I'm kinda unsure how I feel about it just because they're labeling it a remaster. I'll go ahead and assume they're gonna use a new engine and not actually just polish up the gfx of C&C97, so it's technically a remake. Still, is it going to be 2D? 3D? Hoping all the conveniences of newer RTSs get implemented.

Tbh I'm personally hoping for a full on remake, new units and features and everything. Chances are slim, but oh well. Anyone remember the Renovatio mod for C&C3? Gotta say I'm a big fan of the visuals, would definitely get a RA1 remake that looked like this.

https://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/10/9970/1.jpg
https://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/10/9970/3.jpg
https://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/10/9970/MOTY04.jpg
https://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/10/9970/HPads02.jpg

I would marry the game if it became like these images Very Happy

But also as you said, they MUST implemented and apply new elements of gameplay style as if they are WestWood studious, I just want them to have the soul of the C&C world "which they have destroyed it"

I bet that they won't make it moddable though

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok well this is promising, and suprising.

It's going to be tough for them.
They could add many improvements and make the games up to date and better, but there will be people annoyed that its too different from the originals.
Or
They could keep very true to the originals and people will be annoyed that the gameplay is outdated.
Either could be me too, i just hope its good!

Good luck to them, did I read somewhere that it will be 3d?

I hope they stick true to the original source and ideas they had for the first games

Perhaps it will be the first EA game I buy since RA2  Laughing

Edit: I hope they have good discussion with the community too. To make the game the best
Single player experience
Multiplayer experiance
Moddable!
Based on a decades of playtime and people making mods for the originals!

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Petroglyph had a great start with Star Wars Empire at War, they made bank, and it was a good game. Their next project Universe at War was fucken cool, but unfortunately it got jibbed. Games for Windows LIVE ruined a lot of games, UaW being no exception. The cross platform gameplay idea, while interesting, did not pan out.

I think Sega messed up UaW. Seriously, the potential UaW had was amazing, it was supposed to be a StarCraft 2 killer. I still play Universe at War because the Hierarchy faction is too cool to pass up.

Grey Goo, well it sounds like sperm. They should have called the game Ecophagy, which means the same thing that the term "grey goo" means. Except it sounds way cooler. I never tried that game. I probably should.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Saref
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hope they will make more time-appropriate stuff for the first Red Alert. Because 80's tech look out of place in game that takes place in 40's-50's.
Some units like Yak, Badger bomber, Jeep and light tank can be unchanged. But such units like M1 Abrams and MiG-29 should be replaced with someting like Leopard-1 and MiG-17.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [44 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!