Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:29 pm
All times are UTC + 0
The equivalent of the Allied Grand cannon for the Soviets
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject:  The equivalent of the Allied Grand cannon for the Soviets Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So generally what do you think??

What should I do to make it better

cannon.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  669.75 KB
 Viewed:  2484 Time(s)

cannon.gif

Virgil
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Generally we need an ingame picture #Tongue

Creator
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

normal it and do not make it hollow

TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Virgil

you know that I have a problem with changing the PCX format to any accepted upload-able format to PPM, do you know any programme better than Formatfactory??

@Creator

umm...I'm really confused about what do you mean, Is it the edgy effect along the top and the front of the cannon that you don't like???

Or the texture and the normals coloring?

Any way I'm not that good at the hand made normalizing which forces me to use the VSE's option of Auto Normals

And for the edgy effect, I believe it gives the feeling or the touch of heave armoured steel plates, that's what I guess, actually I got that edgy effect by luck when I used the VSE's Auto Normals, may be because it's hollow??!!

Feed me back with your opinion about it Smile

MartianMartyn
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Elaborating on Creator's suggestion: Use Cubed Auto Normals without changing any values, and don't hollow it out unless if you want weird normals on the voxel ingame.

Looks good though, but it would be better to not leave the back of the cannon flat Smile

TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MartianMartyn wrote:

and don't hollow it out unless if you want weird normals on the voxel ingame.

Is it being "hollow inside, which gave it the edgy top and front effect?
I mean, although that I kinda like that edgy look but it came by luck and I wanna know why Is it being hollow??!! (please read my reply @Creator for further understanding)

Quote:
Looks good though, but it would be better to not leave the back of the cannon flat

Alright, ofcourse I do accept that although that I like it's being flat it simply gives the feeling or the look as if it's a a barrage or a warship mega cannon but on the ground, but I will try to make it a little bit a "curvy back"  Wink
to make it better "if you and the guys here" wanted it to be so, before making it a public asset

Anyway I'm so happy with your helpful feedback

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks like the turret of a WT E-100 from World of Tanks...

Why the strong "steps" along the surface, it looks like you took a small vxl & resized it several times?

Why the dark coloured patches, they dont seam to serve much of a purpose & are inconsistent with RA2's soviet colour scheme.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
Looks like the turret of a WT E-100 from World of Tanks

Oops....I feel that I'm cornered here

Actually as you know I'm not a graphic designer so yes it's the WT E-100 conversion by the  author B.A.Z.N.D
And as you can see I made a lot of changes to it, I deserve no credit for that, but I wanted a cannon as an equivalent for the allied French grand cannon to the Soviet side or Generally a new cannon, so I found  the answer in that design, which unfortunately it was too small, and BTW now I understand why it has that edgy or step looking, BUT anyway why all the voxel graphic designers here focusing on designing vehicles and there is no such attempt to make a defensive turrets, other than some SHPs turrets and few voxels like your conversion of the generals patriot turret  too weird isn't it??!!!

Quote:

Why the dark coloured patches, they dont seam to serve much of a purpose & are inconsistent with RA2's soviet colour scheme.

Sure it's not, I'm going to remove it, it's just still under work and that's why I posted it here to figure out what it needs be suitable for being good in-game

Virgil
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TRUEGRIT wrote:
BUT anyway why all the voxel graphic designers here focusing on designing vehicles and there is no such attempt to make a defensive turrets, other than some SHPs turrets and few voxels like your conversion of the generals patriot turret  too weird isn't it??!!!

because vxl turret cant have any shadow, and its quality doesnt matches the shp one, which has the support of Ares' 32 facing shp.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can either convert a voxel to obj to render it any conventional means or abuse OpenRA voxel renderer on a testmap to create perfect VXL->SHP conversions though. So no, voxels can reach SHP quality. (Especially in ORA renderer.)

I tend to do the latter. Even taught some people how to do it themselves.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Virgil wrote:
TRUEGRIT wrote:
BUT anyway why all the voxel graphic designers here focusing on designing vehicles and there is no such attempt to make a defensive turrets, other than some SHPs turrets and few voxels like your conversion of the generals patriot turret  too weird isn't it??!!!

because vxl turret cant have any shadow, and its quality doesnt matches the shp one, which has the support of Ares' 32 facing shp.

Well, what about the recoiling effect?

I would approve what are you saying only if some brilliant author made a SHP turret with firing anim, you know what, imagine the Prism tower, Tesla coil even the Nod Obelisk  without the firing anim, they are giving them the soul mate Smile

Thanks any way for your "helpful" feedback Mad

Laughing  I'm just kidding of course I'm glad with all the responses here

TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:

I tend to do the latter. Even taught some people how to do it themselves.

Can I be one of them, just at any time that pleases you just post a tutorial

Virgil
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Search for Trans_C in this forum, you will find a artillery turret with firing anim made by him, which is used by the Revenge Now mod, so I guess it is possible to do recoiling with shp turrets, as long as someone is willing to do it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon