Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:41 pm
All times are UTC + 0
InitialPayload+Opentopped=Buggy weapons?
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Meemo
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject:  InitialPayload+Opentopped=Buggy weapons? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So I was searching for a viable way to use more than 2 weapons, and another way to have multiple weapons firing at the same time. Ares' InitialPayload logic seemed to be able to kill two birds with one stone, except it didn't.

What I attempted to do was have an Apoc remake have the ability to fire it's AA weapon as well as fire it's ground weapon using a dummy unit. Here's the code

Code:
; Mammoth tank
[ARMA]
UIName=Name:APOZ
Name=Apocalypse
Image=APOZ
Category=AFV
;TargetLaser=yes
Strength=2150 ;2000 ;1600
Explodes=yes
DamageSparks=yes
Explodes=yes
Prerequisite=NAWEAP ;,NATECH,NAINDP
CrateGoodie=yes
Armor=heavy
Turret=yes
OpportunityFire=yes ;-M
TechLevel=10
Sight=6
Speed=3.5
Owner=Russians,Confederation,Africans,Arabs
Cost=3334
Soylent=1750
Points=60
ROT=2.5
TurretROT=4 ;ARES
Crusher=yes
SelfHealing=yes
Crewed=yes
IsSelectableCombatant=yes
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
VoiceSelect=ApocalypseSelect
VoiceMove=ApocalypseMove
VoiceAttack=ApocalypseAttackCommand
VoiceFeedback=
DieSound=GenVehicleDie
MoveSound=ApocalypseMoveStart
CrushSound=TankCrush
MinDebris=60
MaxDebris=100
Locomotor={4A582741-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
Weight=3.5
MovementZone=Destroyer
ThreatPosed=90   ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=yes
ZFudgeColumn=9
ZFudgeTunnel=15
Size=6
Primary=DreadCannons
;Secondary=MammothTuskA
VeteranAbilities=STRONGER,SIGHT,FASTER
EliteAbilities=EMPIMMUNE,UNWARPABLE ;ARES
ElitePrimary=DreadCannonsE
EliteSecondary=MammothTuskAE
VHPScan=Strong
;MultiFire Rule
OpenTopped=yes
SizeLimit=2
Passengers=1
;ARES
InitialPayload.Types=OP1
InitialPayload.Nums=1
Survivor.RookiePassengerChance=0%
Survivor.VeteranPassengerChance=0%
Survivor.ElitePassengerChance=0%
NoManualUnload=yes
NoManualEnter=yes
;Experience.PromotePassengers=yes
Promote.IncludePassengers=yes
Promote.VeteranFlash=80
Promote.EliteFlash=360

; Conscript Dumbutt
[OP1]
UIName=NOSTR:OpenTopped ;ARES
Name=Conscript
Image=CONS
Category=Soldier
Primary=MammothTuskA
OccupyWeapon=UCM1Carbine; The weapon I use while Occupying.  Defaults to 0 (Primary)
EliteOccupyWeapon=UCEliteM1Carbine; The weapon I use while Occupying.  Defaults to 0 (Primary)
Occupier=yes ; I can Occupy UC buildings
Prerequisite=NAHAND
CrushSound=InfantrySquish
Strength=125
Armor=flak
TechLevel=-1
LandTargeting=1
Pip=white
OccupyPip=PersonRed ; choices are green yellow white red blue purple
Sight=5
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no
Speed=4
Owner=Russians,Confederation,Africans,Arabs
Cost=3
Soylent=50
Points=5
IsSelectableCombatant=yes
VoiceSelect=ConscriptSelect
VoiceMove=ConscriptMove
VoiceAttack=ConscriptAttackCommand
VoiceFeedback=ConscriptFear
VoiceSpecialAttack=ConscriptMove
DieSound=ConscriptDie
Locomotor={4A582744-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
PhysicalSize=1
MovementZone=Infantry
;MovementZone=InfantryDestroyer ;GEF wow!!! copy paste bug from the original Disk Thrower!
VeteranAbilities=STRONGER,FIREPOWER,ROF,SIGHT,FASTER
EliteAbilities=SELF_HEAL,STRONGER,FIREPOWER,ROF
ImmuneToVeins=yes
Size=1
;ElitePrimary=MammothTuskAE
IFVMode=2
OpportunityFire=yes
DistributedFire=yes
;AttackFriendlies=yes
AttackCursorOnFriendlies=yes
ProtectedDriver=yes ;ARES
ThreatPosed=0
CanBeReversed=no ;ARES
;;NoManualFire=yes

; Vehicle carried anti-tank missile
[MammothTuskA]
Damage=80
ROF=60
Range=9
Projectile=MMHeatSeeker ;MedusaProjectile
Speed=50
Warhead=HE
;Burst=4
Report=ApocalypseAttackAir
OmniFire=yes

[MMHeatSeeker]
Arm=200
Shadow=no
AA=yes
AG=no
Proximity=yes
Ranged=yes
Image=MISSILE ;DRAGONC
ROT=22 ;10
SubjectToCliffs=no
SubjectToElevation=no
SubjectToWalls=no
Acceleration=10
CourseLockDuration=12
VeryHigh=yes

As you can see I pasted a dummy conscript clone to hold the AA weapon. Several issues occured.
-The weapon fired at erratic intervals
-The weapon didn't function properly with the burst= tag. It would fire one or two missiles awkwardly and fire unlimited amounts of missiles if I spam-clicked an enemy
-It can't force fire on friendly targets more than once unless I also spam-click it, and unfortunately the ground weapons utilizing this logic can't force fire on an area like how an opentopped battlefortress actually would.

And a totally separate issue is, that it entirely ignored it's AG=no tag which is why I put LandTargeting=1 on the dummy unit. I tested this by replacing GGI's MissileLauncher with the original MammothTusk and unedited projectile, and it also ignored it's AG=no tag and fired anywhere.

So these are my problems. Can anyone shed some light on what's wrong with my code? Or is this a bug with Ares functionality?

Virgil
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess units in opentopped vehicles cant fire a burst>1 weapon properly, and LandTargeting doesnt work on passengers inside a battle fortress as they only have one weapon to use, or never use any.

For the second question, IIRC someone has told me that LandTargeting=1 is only preventing the unit from firing its Primary weapon at land targets, however the MissileLauncher is a Secondary weapon.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Passengers can switch weapon inside transport, just omit the tag that forces a specific weapon.
Passengers use transport’s LandTargeting value when firing inside.
AG means Attack Ground so AG=no means you can’t attack the clear ground but you can still attack everything on or above the ground #Tongue
Spam click or click press S can reset ROF counter in between bursts so it’s a general issue with Burst=.
Also Burst=2 fired from inside a transport doesn’t mirror the FLH and other than that it works fine.

I think what you can do is instead just 1 you put 2 OP1s into APOC, each one for left and right and give OP1 a Range=0 primary and Secondary=MammothTuskA

Meemo
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So I gave OP1 a range=0 primary and moved the AA weapon to his secondary (Although I don't know why I'm doing that,) and I included multiple infantry in initialpayload.nums rather than using burst= in the weapon as you suggested.

That managed to fix the unlimited-missiles through spam-clicking problem, but the weapon still only fires once per click on friendly air units rather than continuously firing until it kills it. That alone isn't so much of an issue because the force-fire does function properly against ground units and such, however, the Apoc can't target Air units as enemies despite automatically firing upon them. I'm thinking of using an AA dummy weapon secondary with the FireOnce tag on it but I'll have to test it later. Thanks for the help thus far.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon