Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:28 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Adblock vs. uBlock origin?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:44 pm    Post subject:  Adblock vs. uBlock origin? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For years I have been using Adblock, however for the past few months I have been noticing adds coming through Adblock. So, I spent some time Googling and found out that Adblock is not the only add killer.

uBlock Origin is another add killer. I have installed it along side Adblock, and its seems to be better...

Does anyone here have any experience with uBlock? Should I ditch Adblock, or should I got with both, or just stick with Adblock...?

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I switched to uBlock a while back for performance reasons, Adblock suffers with a lot of tabs, but I haven't tried since FF switched to a WebKit-like engine for Quantum...

uBlock does give you some easier at-a-glance options to toggle filtering, but it's slightly harder to administer as a power user.

As for your problem of ads coming through, sites are getting more clever in how they push ads to bypass blockers in general, since it can be a big source of revenue. With the data protection laws in the EU we've had those cookie popups on most sites, so I think it just encouraging sites to put effort into reworking their code for both at the same time.

Allen
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ditched AdBlockPlus a year+ ago when it started braking websites for uBlock. Mostly happy with uBlock. Also running Ghostery now. Its okay.

C&C in RA-1 Get it here
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30101 100+ Single Player Missions! Now playable on CnCNet 5!

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I also ditched AdBlockPlus over a year ago because it started to be lazy with blocking some really annoying ads. I started to use uBlock Origin and I'm really satisfied with it.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've also ditched AdBlockPlus as soon as I've heard that they have changed their policies to allow certain "trustworthy ads". I am very satisfied with uBlock Origin so far.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon