Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:02 pm
All times are UTC + 0
PPM is officially supporting C&C Rivals modding!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:32 am    Post subject:  PPM is officially supporting C&C Rivals modding!
Subject description: It's time to mod mobile games!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everyone! We'd like to apologize for the silence of 3 months. I believe some of you might have noticed that I've barely posted any news during this time here and I am not proud of it at all. But sometimes, great things demands greater sacrifices. And, with the user of some hacking skills, we are glad to announce that we can now mod C&C: Rivals.

Now, some of you must be wondering... how would that work if most of the game is processed on EA's end? Well... we had to mirror it on our own side, understand the mechanics and write our own server. And that's what we are going to share with you in the next hours!

With the PPM Rivals server, you'll be able to host your own lunatic version of the game and play it as you desire. Bring the units that you want, customize their costs, firepower, hit points, etc... and you can also play with the whole monetization of the game and create new maps. There are, however, many limitations, including new factions, map sizes and among other design choices of the Rivals developers.

And, to get things started, we have created forums where you'll be able to discuss and get your modding  issues sorted, since I do not expect official support into that. In fact, the least the "official support", the better in this case.

Anyway, get ready and start posting and have fun:

- C&C: Rivals Editing Forums
- C&C: Rivals Mapping Discussion
- Philadelphia Tutorials Zone
- C&C Rivals: Map Archive

Key Words: #News #ProjectPerfectMod #PPMForums #CnCRivals #April1stBelieveItOrNot 

Last edited by Banshee on Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ya... Okay I believe that 100%...  Rolling Eyes

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I understand that Rivals section here might not be very popular, since not everyone can afford to host an online server that handles that game. However, we need to try new paths at PPM since the possibility of new games being moddable will just get more tough.

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

April fools?

However there *ARE* mods of mobile apps with their own server (hacked to allow infinite "gold", etc.) - I just don't see much point in doing it with Rivals.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, this is an obvious april fools joke.

I do no have the skills or the will to write my own server code for it. I've also downloaded the apk from the game from a random source to understand how assets are coded. It is very easy to open it, since all you need to do is to rename it as zip file and open it.

Most of the files are encrypted/encoded including XML files. I couldn't decompile LUA files with luadec or other known decompilers. The decompile and disassemble process always failed. Models uses a sb3d file format, which I haven't found a program to decode it. Textures uses an sba format, which I've found one program who tries some sort of a brute force to decode it, but it is target to NFS No Limits. I haven't tried it yet with Rivals textures. If these .json files in assets/published/data/minimap are the whole map description (which seems to have enough data to describe the whole map, to be honest), then this is the easiest file type there to understand.

And that's all, folks.

Mechacaseal
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EA would shut that shit down so fast. nobody gets between them and their pay to win and loot boxes

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Commanding Conquer: Dispute!

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But, will the subforum stay up anyways? :V

Seeing as we currently can't even mod it...

Asset extraction may be one thing but creating our own version seems far off yet. And is there anyone even interested? Its clear EA will try to shut down any clone.

Magnificent
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Yes, this is an obvious april fools joke.

I do no have the skills or the will to write my own server code for it. I've also downloaded the apk from the game from a random source to understand how assets are coded. It is very easy to open it, since all you need to do is to rename it as zip file and open it.

Most of the files are encrypted/encoded including XML files. I couldn't decompile LUA files with luadec or other known decompilers. The decompile and disassemble process always failed. Models uses a sb3d file format, which I haven't found a program to decode it. Textures uses an sba format, which I've found one program who tries some sort of a brute force to decode it, but it is target to NFS No Limits. I haven't tried it yet with Rivals textures. If these .json files in assets/published/data/minimap are the whole map description (which seems to have enough data to describe the whole map, to be honest), then this is the easiest file type there to understand.

And that's all, folks.

Can you provide me with any more info on where to find the decoding tool for the sba file type?

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Magnificent wrote:
Can you provide me with any more info on where to find the decoding tool for the sba file type?

Doesn't exist yet. Someone has to make it first.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Nolt
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is great news! I always wanted to be able to mod the things I am not going to get from the lootboxes, outstanding, this game is way better than the android emulations of RA2 and TS, way better!

In any case someone should look at those emulations, I have seen some facebook posts where they claim they can play ra2 in the phone, must be cancer to control though.

Creator of Shattered Paradise .
ORA Discord https://discordapp.com/invite/tuhp9m6 , SP Discord https://discord.gg/hk428Wk

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can't be that hard.

I could play RA2 on my Surface Book 2 without any problems, aside from a bit of a learning curve on how to play efficiently without using any hotkeys and using only pen&touch as input.

Playing on the phone would be a similar challenge, tho unlike the SB2's 13", phones barely reach 8".

Nevermind, you're right, it'd be cancer.

The older C&Cs would be much easier since they emphasize mouse/touch-input anyway.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've seen people play SE/RA2 on Android phones... hardly ideal but plays.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So still haven't figure it out how to extract 3d files?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No clues, cxtian39.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about sound files? Maybe easier.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!