Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:26 am
All times are UTC + 0
Aircraft Wars in PPM: Final Dawn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 1:22 am    Post subject:  Aircraft Wars in PPM: Final Dawn. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One of the special things that PPM will have (and Westwood games doesnt have enough) are a special ballance for aircraft wars. Aircrafts are commonly used in the current wars like the ones against Afghanistan, Yugoslavia, etc... The aircrafts from Westwood were usually limited to few types and few defenses. PPM will expand it completely to a new style of war. We will not have only bombers and fighters, but aircrafts specially made against infantry, vehicles, buildings, multiple units even non-reloadable ones (yea, unlimmited ammo), transports, spy planes, etc.... Sure, each side will have their advantages and disadvantages on it. GDI will have one of the most complete arsenals, but the other sides will ways to counter strike it as well. Nod, for example, will have the best defence. TDL will have the good vehicles for it too and Cyborg will be well protected with infantry.

The point is not to have players building defensive buildings desesperately, but people building vehicles and infantry to support the defensive structures. The current vehicles and infantries from Tiberian Sun that hit air units air extremely inneficient. In PPM there will be cheap and inefficient (so, only groups might do a real damage... enough to kill some aircrafts) and there will be some other units that are not that cheap, but will hurt groups, specially if the player builds groups of them. The best way to counter-strike it will be the land vehicles, but the aircrafts will also be usefull. That's why it will have tankbusting aircrafts and others specially made against vehicles. Some sides will have Paralyzer, an aircraft that fires EMP at units, so huge defenses will be deactivated by these fragile units that are easy to be killed.

That's why we are improving that aircraft arsenal in PPM and ways to counter-strike it. We believe that in Tiberian Sun, air strikes were constantly used due to the inefficience of the ballanced from Westwood and we are ready to change this reality. Any comments, suggestions or complaints?

Eternal2u
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

will there be a build limit like it is in tib sun and all wW games where you can only build liek 5 inf at a time and so forth if so BAH @ THAT SHIT cause i like building unlimited shit so i can do other things why they are poping out you know?

i asked that here considering it would be the same for air units soo...

and another thing will nod have a firewall cause gdi having the only firewall is piss poor :S

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We try to avoid at all costs the build limits. Build limits really sucks and deteriorates the gameplay. We try to find out other ways to compensate the advantages of a certain unit without cutting it's production.

Thanks for your comments, specially because you were the only one to reply. I posted this here, because I needed opinions, not people only reading it. Come on, guys! Release your comments, ideas and complaints!

Eternal2u
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

good i h8 build limits!

neways how bout for an air unit equip it with something like the multi missle of nod's and just let it fly over drop it and make it liek a suicide run where as soon as the missell explodes the plane is killed along with it....you knwo how in fs if your planes are close to where the missell explodes they die so couldnt you do that just wondering..would be funny to see neways LOL...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have no idea about how can I start doing a unit like that...

mavrick
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 8:33 am    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what about like they have on RA2 when you put a crazy ivan in a IFV a mini nuke tank...things like that would be good

also to make the building more realistic you can allow a player to type in how many units he wants doing(thats if yo uwanna take it the extra step)
so it's realy like saying "i want 30 buggys ASAP!" and make them feel like a true comander, or when you select to build a unit the EVA or what ever goes Certainly commander or Right away sir!

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
what about like they have on RA2 when you put a crazy ivan in a IFV a mini nuke tank...things like that would be good

This isnt possible, but theres always small little ways you can minipulate Tiberian Sun to do the stuff they did in RA2

Quote:
also to make the building more realistic you can allow a player to type in how many units he wants doing(thats if yo uwanna take it the extra step) so it's realy like saying "i want 30 buggys ASAP!" and make them feel like a true comander, or when you select to build a unit the EVA or what ever goes Certainly commander or Right away sir!

Uhhh, I didnt know what you meant here, can you exsplain yourself a bit better?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Tapek

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He means, if you type in certain commands, things will happen. Thats possible in warcraft, but not TS. Besides, no offense maverick, but you tend to make a lot of spelling errors whilst typing and that wouldn't get you anywhere in the midst of battle.

mavrick
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 12:56 pm    Post subject: erm Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol i can spell fine, i just type to fast for my brain to see whats it actualy typing...In the midst of a battle i would certainly take Care to kill the other oponent.

Also are you that immiture you still blatenly call me mavErick, it just wastes time on typing

Eternal2u
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

now now ladies....

Neways aght ban i figured that wasa logn shot neways just was in my head and thought i would try and see if you could actually do it lolz...

What about boats i saw a few screenies of boats that doofy had set up and they looked pretty cool but he said there was on like 2 or 3 for each side and thats kinda sad cause i would like to ahve a gigantic boat war if at all possible....

also in PPM's final dawn mod will there be alot of stress on the comp i mena will it lagg my comp to hell in back wit graphics that are out of this world and action happening every ztyping where?

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Final Dawn will certainly have boats, and ot just a few either Smile .

There will lots of new graphics and animations but im sure it wont lagg. And yes, the graphics will be out of this world Wink

EDIT: made some spellig errors Embarassed

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TS, due to the new AI, it might "lag" a bit, because AI will build much more units than before. Final Dawn will be a battle of units, not only of buildings. You will not have an umbeatable defense by just having 3 obelisks in the entrance of the defense and some SAM sites to defend against Jumpjets. If you do that, AI will laugh at you. You will always need a group of units to back up your buildings.

Eternal2u
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm ill just have to go buy some more ram and maybe a new processor got to save money up again :S

Also, for the opening of the mod i think that all the ppm people and any users that want to should all goto fs and play the mod together for like the day Very Happy

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thats a good Idea, we might look into that. I dont know about the other members but im up for that!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whenever possible, I´ll also play with you guys! However, I´m lacking of free time nowadays due to 2 universities. But, when I get on vacations in UERJ (one of them), things will get much better...

compaq
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi guys im a new member here i would like to no what to this new tiberian sun mod.

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should probably go to the main site and read the story, about ppm, etc. For even more info, you could ask some questions here or read back on some old forum topics.

Eternal2u
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea look at the old topics and they have a V good history page you should read up on too it has alot fo teh major things in it...

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just an idea for an air unit. you might already know of it but theres a rather large bomber in the RA2 mix files that can be used in TS.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm... I'll check that soon Wink

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I'm guessing you mean the stealth bomber style graphic? That is pretty cool, but I think its a little large. See what you think Banshee.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You talk about the bomber below?

I think we have a voxel very similar to that already...

fortress.jpg
 Description:
screenshot of the voxel
 Filesize:  1.64 KB
 Viewed:  9726 Time(s)

fortress.jpg

fortress.vxl
 Description:
The voxel...

Download
 Filename:  fortress.vxl
 Filesize:  56.19 KB
 Downloaded:  275 Time(s)

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I do indeed

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon