Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:43 am
All times are UTC + 0
Multiple issues with GDI Mission 9:Flight
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Missingno50
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject:  Multiple issues with GDI Mission 9:Flight
Subject description: The cyborgs man, they keep destroying my entire force.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I keep going towards the cyborgs near the tunnel, and the immobilizer seems to get all but two which destroys my entire force! Well, not my entire force, but I'm always left with 2 dragonflies and no snipers. For some reason, the immobilizer just is not cutting power to all of them. I think the majority left untouched are mostly the templars It is one specific templar and disciple, and the cyborgs on top of the veins do not have this problem. Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can prevent this?

The cyborgs are also bunching up instead of being slightly spread out upon being sighted, which makes me think this is definitely unintended behavior.

Edit:So I've discovered a few new issues. The cliffs in the upper right corner can be used to get more troops into the area that's supposed to be completely sanctioned off from the rest of the level. Sometimes, for no reason, the Nod artillery will get stuck on a cliff, and completely ignore troops firing on it. This is more of a general issue with tunnels, but if you order your troops to stop at the perfect time, they will come out of the tunnel, but on the next level. This is a pain in mission 7 by the ways, please provide some way to get them off of the otherwise inaccessible cliffs.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That issue with cyborgs is likely an engine problem, you can see it happen in Tiberian Sun too. Sometimes when cyborgs are tightly packed together some of them may survive an EMP blast.

As for them packing together in the first place, that's an unintended consequence of them forming a team when they flash. It's automatic AI behaviour. I'll see if forcing them to scatter will help.

As for the passage,
Spoiler (click here to read it):
I'm not sure if the map creator intended for the it to be passable or not, it's pretty well hidden so it might just be a bonus for those who scout the map.

I'd need more data (preferably screenshots) to be able to dig into the other issues.

Missingno50
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
That issue with cyborgs is likely an engine problem, you can see it happen in Tiberian Sun too. Sometimes when cyborgs are tightly packed together some of them may survive an EMP blast.

This is not a problem with them being bunched up, if I lure them away and stretch them out a bit, those two survive it, if even they're alone and are the only ones targetted, and it's two specific cyborgs. And it doesn't seem like they did this(bunching up and ignoring EMP) in older versions of the mission. I wonder what changed.

Crimsonum wrote:
I'd need more data (preferably screenshots) to be able to dig into the other issues.

There's no easy way for me to get screenshots, but I might be able to. The other issues are much rarer to encounter for me.

There's also a few issues I've found in Mission 10, specifically a sort of sequence break(maybe? I don't think it was intended) with a marauder to trigger the ion storm and dialogue early, a lone, probably misplaced stinger in the lower left corner of the map(there's nothing else there), and the dropship just... Not leaving the scene once it hits the lower left corner and just kinda being there in a perpetual state of landing and taking off. Also in the forest behind the base, sometimes there's a tank hunter and a militant and sometimes there's not, it seems pretty inconsistent for some reason.
All of this just might be the TS engine showing it's age though.

Thanks for the response!

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Missingno50 wrote:
There's no easy way for me to get screenshots, but I might be able to.

you can use the inbuild screenshot function using the keyboard shortcut CTRL+C
you then find the images in the "Screenshots" subfolder your TI directory.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Missingno50
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 10:39 pm    Post subject: Many thanks Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Missingno50 wrote:
There's no easy way for me to get screenshots, but I might be able to.

you can use the inbuild screenshot function using the keyboard shortcut CTRL+C
you then find the images in the "Screenshots" subfolder your TI directory.

Oh, I didn't know this, many thanks for teaching me how to do that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum