Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:37 am
All times are UTC + 0
how to recruit pre placed units on a multiplay map?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
McPwny
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:11 am    Post subject:  how to recruit pre placed units on a multiplay map?
Subject description: its a hard question...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

does anyone know how to make the AI recruit units on a multiplay map? i cant seem to get it to work through my normal method i might use in campaign, aside from
the obvious action 4 dis-enabled in multiplay, is the method to attach the team to an AI trigger. as in  
script      > team > ai trigger ; fired by any ai autonomously under ai trigger condition, circumventing need to assign houses on teams and triggers....
taskforce^
however, while i can get the skirmish ai to build ai trigger teams, and i can get the campaign ai to recruit pre-placed teams autonomously, i cant get
the skirmish AI to recruit pre placed teams and i dont know why.  

the whole purpose of this is to add AI functionality to a certain skirmish map, and i need the AI to execute a chronosphere move of their MCV at game start; but right now  
i cant even make them recruit any units at all.

EDIT: its worth mentioning that the AI apparently ignores the global ai trigger to deploy mcv at game start and its instead related to the  
fact mcv's deploy into construction yards. an mcv will attempt to deploy with global aitriggers off, and will not attempt to deploy with
global triggers on and DeploysInto= changed

Last edited by McPwny on Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pre-placed units belong to the right house? I'm assuming you're making one of those maps that forces a player and AI to be specific houses... although such things aren't my cup'o'tea.

I don't understand this chronosphere move thing however? Are you doing some funky new kind of land rush game mode?

McPwny
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

not really relevant, but its the opposite of that. its a map the ai wouldnt be able to figure out so i indended to add a custom ai so that
people could play skirmish with any ai like normal; it hinges on first getting the computer to recruit their mcvs into a team which  
it would then fire the chronosphere on via AItrigger

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon