Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:15 am
All times are UTC + 0
Soviet spy-plane flying in circles?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
rey
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject:  Soviet spy-plane flying in circles?
Subject description: any way to do that?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i played numerous mods for YR and once i noticed soviet spy plane doesn't simply flyby, but makes 1-2 circles on place or makes half-circle and flies back. it happened unpredictable and i didn't find any info about such spy plane behaviour.

maybe smb knows some ways to make spy plane do several circles on pointed location? actually any info about making plane to stay in place(like speed slow-down) would be welcome too.

Last edited by rey on Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i would look at [SPYP] for the spyplane
notice that it has
Code:
Primary=SpyCameraWeapon
Ammo=100
FlyBy=true   ;GEF Don't slow down over your target
then check out the weapon
Code:
[SpyCameraWeapon]
Damage=6;range of shroud to reveal
Range=20;howfar away to start revealing
Burst=1
Projectile=InvisibleHigh
Warhead=DummyWarhead
Report=SpyPlaneSnapshot

Then notice that it has no ROF, thus most likely shoots with ROF=1 and this way probably depletes its Ammo=100 very quick.

Then i would start playing around with the weapon and the aircraft settings. Like giving it ROF=10 to see if it then takes 10 times longer to finish the attack, this way forcing it into multiple attack runs which probably also make it move several circles.

Things to try would be giving the plane
FlyBy=no
IsDropship=yes
SlowdownDistance=1000
DeaccelerationFactor=0.1
AccelerationFactor=0.1
see tiberian sun rules.ini for examples. RA2 is dumbed down and doesn't use these keys that much (or at all), making most units use the same default settings.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

rey
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks for advices, but it seems to be some unpredictable magic.

i'll open cards: i noticed behaviour i got interested in while playing Mental Omega mod(plane makes circles sometimes or even makes a long turn and flies back), comparared everything to code of Red Ressurection mod where i tried to add this behaviour, but whatever i do in RR plane simply flies forward, no turns, no circles, even after i tried to copy most parameters of MO variant.
only FlyBy=no makes a tiny slowdown for few moment, change of ROF makes no difference at all too.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seeing as you're modding another mod, it's possible the values you set are being overridden somewhere you forgot to chk, like the map itself or the MP INIs.
I don't know if RR does it, but the #include feature and the overrides/extensions it allows are fancy enough to warrant every mod using them. I'm guessing RR is.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
rey
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@TAK02 thanks for a hint, didn't know there are some global things influencing all units, i thought it's just about a code of unit or special power.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon