Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:27 am
All times are UTC + 0
Building drawing issue...
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
suffle19
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:25 pm    Post subject:  Building drawing issue...
Subject description: How solve this?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some parts(anims) of building draws trough building in front of it. I've tried change Layer in Art.ini or tag Surface but it wont help. Can someone explain?
Its like building which in front dont has its back side

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Use ZAdjust values, see GAWEAP for example...

suffle19
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
Use ZAdjust values, see GAWEAP for example...

Ok, how to find which position is needed?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Experiment until you find a setting that works.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
suffle19
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It worked, but i cant do same with UnderDoorAnim, didnt work...
it keeps drawing units and builds on top of it.

Im using resized Mech Factory by Lin Kuei Ominae but in RA2 with custom foundation 4x3

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's what UnderDoorAnim is there for and how it should work.

UnderDoorAnim for the building parts that need to be rendered below the built unit
DeployingAnim for the building parts to render above the unit.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

suffle19
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe im again spell it wrong?
there's must be DeployingAnimZAdjust tag right? Or i must tag ZAdjust at Animtion it self?

Upd.
None of it wont work...

1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  66.17 KB
 Viewed:  686 Time(s)

1.png

2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  62.07 KB

2.png

3.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  83.7 KB

3.png

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Am I right that you're trying to make landing pads up in the air?

Also are you using a bib on the building?

It's hard to know exactly what's going on in the pics without knowing how you've constructed it.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's a bug that i couldn't fix.
I only found out about the issue when the building was finished, that due to its height, there are parts which would need to be rendered behind but also in front of units. Which is impossible.

The back wall (facing northeast) would need to be rendered behind the leaving unit, but in front of units standing behind the building.
There aren't enough render layers to do that.

Public SHPs

Tools

suffle19
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
That's a bug that i couldn't fix.
I only found out about the issue when the building was finished, that due to its height, there are parts which would need to be rendered behind but also in front of units. Which is impossible.

The back wall (facing northeast) would need to be rendered behind the leaving unit, but in front of units standing behind the building.
There aren't enough render layers to do that.

Sad... But it works well in TS...
So there's no way to fix this right?

suffle19
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
Am I right that you're trying to make landing pads up in the air?

Also are you using a bib on the building?

It's hard to know exactly what's going on in the pics without knowing how you've constructed it.

No i dont making pads in air Very Happy, and yes it has bib.
Problem is that UnderDoorAnim transparent units and buildings that behind it.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

suffle19 wrote:

It has the same issue in TS.

You could try the following:
-cut out the problematic wall into a separate SHP
-apply that to the building as an ActiveAnim and use ActiveAnimX and Y to set this anim on a point/cell behind the leaving unit, but in front of any objects behind the building (basically to one of the cells on the northeast row of cells of the building)

with a bit luck the game is then able to sort each object into the right render layer, since it then knows where to place and sort that back wall.

Then you have to find a way to make that ActiveAnim be rendered by default under the normal building (but above the UnderDoorAnim when a unit is build). Because that wall is showing the interior and it wouldn't look right when the ActiveAnim plays above the normal building.

Public SHPs

Tools

suffle19
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
suffle19 wrote:

-apply that to the building as an ActiveAnim and use ActiveAnimX and Y to set this anim on a point/cell behind the leaving unit, but in front of any objects behind the building (basically to one of the cells on the northeast row of cells of the building)

with a bit luck the game is then able to sort each object into the right render layer, since it then knows where to place and sort that back wall.

Then you have to find a way to make that ActiveAnim be rendered by default under the normal building (but above the UnderDoorAnim when a unit is build). Because that wall is showing the interior and it wouldn't look right when the ActiveAnim plays above the normal building.

Okay I'll try. Thx

suffle19
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
suffle19 wrote:

So i did this...I paste it into DeployingAnim Very Happy But i think top parts of tall units will disappear anyway also part of the door disappear too

P.s. I have tried your way but for unknown reason i cant calibrate "this wall" position

5.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  9.89 KB
 Viewed:  640 Time(s)

5.png

6.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.1 KB
 Viewed:  640 Time(s)

6.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon