Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:26 am
All times are UTC + 0
Renegade or Half Life?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [57 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 3:32 am    Post subject:  Renegade or Half Life? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What shooter game do you prefer? Renegade or Half Life(with any mod)?

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess Half Life because I havent played Renegade :p. the 2 mods I like for Half Life are Counter Strike and Day of Defeat

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Without Mods, probably Renegade. Driving vehicles is a fun thing that most games lack. With mods, DEFINATELY halflife. Natural Selection will own the entire world (And the moon, and europa, and saturn, and the sun).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HL.

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Has anyone played Day Of Defeat mod for Counter Strike? Its Awesome, if you haven't played it than I suggest you should

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DOD and CS are two compleatly seperate mods.

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oops I ment to say "for Half Life," my bad

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NS was released, so I can say, without a doubt, that HL owns the world. It's better than Renegade, WC3, and NWN combined @.@

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WC3??? I still doubt...

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds like this, "Natrual Selection" mod is really good... I will tell my friends to dowload it imediately. Kane if you havent play Day of Defeat I suggest you try it, its aaaaaawwwwesome.

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I used to run a tiny mod review site for HL, so I've played bazillions of Mods. You're right, though, DoD owns! Probably one of the best mods for HL I've seen (Aside from Opera and NS, of course)

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I played Renegade at my friends house and I fell in love with the game! Its great! Although, I only played the first 3 missions.

My friend was willing to give me Renegade, because he didnt like the game, but I turned it down because my computer cant handle it.

Sapp726
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why didnt you take it and then sell it on ebay and then use the money to upgrade your computer? (eg. ram or whatever) =/ or just keep the game til you had a better comp or upgraded your comp.....

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will ask for it when I do get my PC upgraded. I wouldnt sell such a good game on Ebay! I would rather keep it.

Eternal2u
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

neither....

they both are FPS g a y shooter games...

Last edited by Eternal2u on Mon Nov 18, 2002 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kane, take off that thing when you type G A Y it says "(I used the word "G a y" here because I'm a dolt)." You must be a homophobe...

I use the word g a y all the time, but not in a fag way. To me, g a y means stupid or dumb.

Eternal2u
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh well fixed that....

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just like making fun of people who use the word "G ay" as an insult, TS. It really is quite childish... But, I'll take it off if people really want it. Seriously, though, can't you think of a better word for stupid than "G ay"?

Eternal2u
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

erm some people use g a y because thats what they've heard since they were little kids..like meself...so for you to get all high and mighty about one word is childish in my eyes also...

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree with Kane. I know some g|a|y people and they aren't stupid.

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LMAO!

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not getting high and mighty about it... Per se... I just like making fun of people who use it as a word, as a joke. I do think that you can think of some better ways of describing something than G ay... It's the same way that some people grew up thinking of the word "Jew" as meaning stupid, and I've heard people like that says something sucks like a Jew or such. That's pretty much the same as saying something's "Ga y." They both describe a group of people who are/were persecuted by a large group of people (Though G ays are generally disliked by a lot of people everywhere, not just in one country or a small amount of people). If someone was playing a computer game and said the server "Lagged like a Jew," wouldn't you be a tad upset? It seems like Racism at first glance, doesn't it?

Also, I know some gays and bisexuals too. The only difference between us and them is that back left (Am I right on that? Is it back left or back right?) lobe of their brain (That lobe is shaped like the member of the opposite sex's, rather than what their sex normally has). I blanket all words like "G ay" and "Jew" and "Nigger" as totally unnecessary and completely foolish.

(Also, note, that I didn't use those words above in a racist way. I know some people will probably jump down my throat for using them at all #Tongue)

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can undertand the word Jew, I have nothing against them. Jerry Sienfield is a jew, And I think hes a great comedian. But for Gays/homosexuals, I cant stand them, and I dont want them near me, because they sicken me out. Theres noway I would ever be even friends with a homosexual. Its not that I hate them, or want them to die, I just dont want them around me. Also I never use the word "nigger", But I do use the word Nigga.

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*grins evilly and gets the StatisticReporter 12000*

So, you can't stand gays and lesbians, eh? Well, let's take a look at the facts... Do you know 10 people? If so, you know one person who's gay or lesbian (Statistically). Me, I can name 30 people, which means I know at least 3 people with the genetic defect (And, note, that I don't mean that in an insulting way, but the technical term for something like that IS "defect") that makes them either Gay or Lesbian. So, you do know some Gays, but they probably just don't say anything about it because they don't want to get insulted or persecuted, or because they're ashamed.

Maybe it's just me, but I've never understood Homophobia...

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its strange... More and more people are becoming g ay.

LOL, I bet in a hundred years from now, the whole human population will be g ay, and therefore, the human race will end. That is if there is a Earth in a hudred years...

uummm... what was this topic about again?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 3:04 am    Post subject: LMAO!!! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You guys really went far away offtopic. I agree with Kane, we shouldn't have any sort of preconception with ppl's religion and sexual options. Since, it's their option, as long as they (g ays and lesbians) don't try anything with normal ppl. As for skin color, it's just a gen... it doesnt affects ppl in any other way, except the color of the skin. HOWEVER, some cultures of some countries (cough cough USA cough cough) split them in races which is extremely ridiculous! Hey guys, we are all homo sapiens sapiens!!!

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have to admit, USA is the most racist country in the world, but that doesnt mean theres no racism in other countries.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, there are. But here the racist is between those with and without cash #Tongue.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

makign the forum change the word gay(duh i know it will change it) is just as stupid(and imature) as someone using the word gay as an insult

i say grow up to the lot of ya

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really don't care if the forum changes or doesn't changes the word g-a-y. I'm not a g-a-y, I don't want to be a g-a-y but people have the rights to decide what they are, so if they want to be a g-a-y, it's their option. Now... using g-a-y as an insult is not a good thing, yet sometimes I do it accidentally (I mean, I sorta got used by hearing people using that as an insult and started using that sometimes as an insult), but g-a-y isn't an insult, g-a-y is an option. (For me, it's quite a bad option, but everyone has their own point of view).

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's not like people CHOOSE to be g ay. They have no choice in the matter. It's genetic.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There may be some people that is genetically g ay, but only fucks women and vice versa... or fucks both sexs... basically, gen is not enough to determine if ppl is g ay or not

Tapek

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What's so great about NS...?

I played one game as a Marine and died repeatedly by thousands of huge elephant like aliens who kept disembowling me while I shot my pathetic pea shooter at them which does no damage... I've had more fun stubbing my toe.

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's because you jumped into the game at the end, and you didn't read the tutorial. That pathetic pea shooter DOESN'T do anything to Onos. In fact, Onos armour is more than most Marine buildings. In order to get bigger weapons, you have to ask for them, and the Commander will drop them. Also, Aliens don't get Onos until they have all three hives (And that's nearly impossible, since Marines usually run to a nearby hive and block it off as soon as possible). Next time you play, if it's pretty far in, ask the commander for an HMG or Grenade Launcher and heavy armour (Unless you are the commander).

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Finally, were some what back on topic!

Grimreaper
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I Prefer Half-Life to renegade.

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Half-Life is old , but it's still got it... Bazillions of mods and good support from the devlopers is going to keep HL up there as the most played game for quite some time. At least until HL2 comes out Smile

Speaking of which, if anyone knows someone from Valve, kick them in the nards for me and tell them to get to work!

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nah, Deus Ex 2 is gonna own Half-Life 2!

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HL rulez 4ever!

the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i've only played renegade once against logan

But HL is so good it gets my vote anyway

HL HL HL HL HL HL HL HL HL HL HL HL HL HL HL HL HL HL HL HL HL HL HL HL HL HL HL HL HL HL HL Half-Life!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Half Life and mods ....

But i don't have renegade ... Confused

D
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i dont believ i havent posted on this thread, ill have to go with HL, it has so many cool mods, and its lasted longer, and still goign stron, i doubt renegade will last that long

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It seems that Renegade is completely owned by Half Life. I only played Half Life... It's good, but not as good as ppl says.. I've never played Renegade, so who am I to jugde which one is better?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In Half life, the story and the campagn solo is the best, if you haven't played yet banshee (the campagn solo) you must play it !

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've justed played Counter Strike with a group of friends in a lan house sometimes...

D
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CS is for people who liek Dying fast(omg i cant belieeve i cant spell a simple word) but also killing fast.

Half life is more fantasy since u get free weaaps and health

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, I have Renegade, and I think it rocks. Especially with the patch. I don't have half-life, so I've just played the demo, and I must say, I was surprised. Not in a good way. Honestly I thought it sucked horribly. Then again, it WAS just the demo.

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dont like half life too much. I played the campaign mode and didnt get too far :p. I didnt really like it anyway. But Im sure if I would have got farther into the game it would have got better. Oh well.

If you want to play a game with a badass campaign with cooperative campaign mode, play Halo for the Xbox. Those of you who have played Halo before know what im talken about(The_kid and sk8erkid) Wink.

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, as I have played both I can say that (in my opinion) Renegade is better than HL. HL does have a better story line but I guess I just like Renegade because its C&C and it has a fun multiplay mode (specially with aircraft)

D
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ya that sumthing HL dosent have, controlable vehicles (well atleast without mods for mods/add-ons)

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum