Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:48 am
All times are UTC + 0
Great god! Natural-Selection released!
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 4:56 pm    Post subject:  Great god! Natural-Selection released! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay, the world's GREATEST COMPUTER GAME of ALL TIME was released a week or so ago. NS is a half-life mod that combines RTS and FPS perfectly. It's aliens vs. marines, but the twist is that one of the marine players can be a commander, who gets a top-down view of the map and can give his team orders (Move to waypoint, build structure, attack target, etc.), and can build structures (Resource Tower mines resources from resource nodes on the map, Armoury gives marine players ammo and allows them to get more powerful weapons, turrets attack enemies, etc.), and drop his team weapons, health, and ammo (At a cost of resources). The aliens, instead of getting weapons and health and such from a Commander, have a special Hive Mind that lets them see (Via a little icon in their view) where all their buildings and allies are, and can see any enemies and enemy buildings their allies can see. Instead of weapons, they have different "evolutions" that, if they have enough resources, they can evolve into. One evolution is a builder, and builders can construct alien buildings and hives (The more hives you have, the more you can build, and the more abilities aliens have).

If you have Half-Life, you NEED to get it, seriously. It's kinda like what Renegade should have been.

www.natural-selection.org

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hummm... It seems to be really good, but unfortunatelly, I dont have HL... I dont even know if I´ll really buy it... There are much better games to buy Wink.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HL costs £9.99 in the uk (which converts to Extreamlt LOW price in any currency).

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's about R$50.... quite expensive...

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wonder why its so exspensive! Its only about 15-20 dollars here

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dolar has valorized too much here in this year. In the beggining of the year, it was R$2,30. Now, it's R$3,66 (after reaching more than R$4,00).

So, now take a look at the current costs:

$1,00 = R$3,66

$15,00 = R$54,90

$20,00 = R$73,20

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow!

Also, to add to my above post, they just released a patch for it that fixes the lag and the bad balancing (Aliens used to have a hard time). Now it's insanely fun, and with Aliens it's no longer getting one kill and 50 deaths, it's a huge adrenaline rush becaase you're charging all over the place in super speed and killing marines left and right Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

20 pounds is about 40 dollars CAD...

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here you should be able to get HL for 20 bucks and BS for 20, and that's all three games...

Grimreaper
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NS is a very good mod, played it and i like it. Only prob is my 56k which don't like it lol. I still prefer DOD to NS Smile

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, DOD is pretty cool. I still like S&I, though... I mean, back in the old days, before the Llamas hit, S&I was sweetness. You had perfectly oiled teams working really well together. Like, teamwork was paramount. If you were going to try and kidnap an enemy scientist, you could usually count on two guys to come and help you out, and you had King Bob of the Au (Who a lot of people think INVENTED the Technology First, Weapons Capped strategy, which is basically this: 'Only research technology. Improved Coffee, Cybernetic Implants, Scientist CLoning, Cloning Upgrades... Don't research weapons. Stick with the Pistol until your enemy gets the shotgun, and steal the shotgun, bring it back to base, then give it to the G-Man and your research on it will go a bazillion times faster. It took your opponent 2.4 minutes to get the Shotgun, and less than 20 seconds to steal it and research it, but while he was getting that, you have Cybernetic Legs MkI, so you can run faster, jump higher, and fall farther...') helping out all the fools who saw "MP5 and Grenade Launcher" on the research list and started drooling.

These days S&I kinda sucks though. Noone will protect you if you're bringing a scientist back to HQ, and god forbid if one of them should find an unresearched weapon... They just grab it and go in and attack, losing the weapon in the progress... *sigh*

Anyway, the thing about NS is that it's revolutionary. No game in HISTORY has managed to do what NS has done, including retail games. NS' combination of Strategy and FPS works perfectly, and you can almost always count on people to listen to your commands (If you're commander), or to command well and not ignore your pleas for ammo and health. It does have its bugs... I wish the Marines had more anti-onos weapons (The HMG just doesn't cut it when there's about 50 Onos charging your base in a violent orgy of death and destruction) and a better way to find your team members as commander (ie. a little sidebar with your teammates names, health, ammo, and current weapon so you can drop health and ammo if they start getting into trouble), and the Aliens need more evolutions... Ahh well, I'll just have to wait.

Tapek

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't like it, but then again, I'm hard to please.

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thats like the same way my friend Kenny is. If thiers one flaw in a game, he simply will not like it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum