Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:32 am
All times are UTC + 0
Who thinks Harry Potter is a kid's movie?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [36 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 12:19 am    Post subject:  Who thinks Harry Potter is a kid's movie? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And, please post your name and address so I can fly to your house and give you a swift kick in the ass Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 12:42 am    Post subject: lfmao! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First trip: Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

Harry Porter has some scenes which are not recommended to kids, but the story and in some overall aspects, is still something for kids.

Eternal2u
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if you guyz didnt take the 2 hours to read the books dont reply to this cause the books were bad ass and harry potter the movie's are cool as ztype if you dotn like them go stick your hand in a electrical circuit..

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hollister, Ca

I thought the 1st movie was dumb. Im not saying the book was dumb, because I never read it. The movie seemed childish to me, and it didnt really interest me. I havent seen the newest movie that just came to theaters yet though.

But you know what did interest me? Lord of the Rings! The fellow Ship of the Rings kicked ass! And now from what I saw from the trailer of the Two Towers, I can't wait till it comes out! I think Lord of the Rings RULES over Harry Potter even though their 2 very different movies.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Eternal2u
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*sigh* well i loved the books and ive been reading for a good number of years now.....i must say tho gunslinger by Stephen king is still the best book out...

neways i havent seen teh second one YET considering i been hella busy....

also the first movie was aight but movies hardly EVER get all of the books zing wit them...

also LODR is bad ars no other words for it....two towers will kick any movies ass just like Fellowship kicked all movies ass when it came out..{even tho it was like 10 hours *sigh*}

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I'll saty what I've told a lot of other people: undead badasses with no flesh that suck your soul out through your mouth and then eat you, and a scene where someone puts flesh cut from a dead, decaying corpse, somebodies' blood, their OWN ARM (Which they cut off then scream really loudly), and a human baby in a pot are not scenes that should be seen by small children. The first book was a little kid's book, because it was written for the author's kids and they were small. When she wrote the second one, they were older, and could handle things like people writing death threats on the wall in the blood of their victims (And, also, evilish voices going around saying "Killllll! I willl kiiilll!! Please let me kiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllll!!"), and the third and fourth ones were written when those kids were between the ages of, probably 13 and 16, so they're really gory and scary. You can't take small children to those movies.

I like LOTR, as well, but I found the books a bit boring (After reading the first two, I didn't feel like finishing the third, but I did), whereas the Harry Potter books are a lot more exciting and interesting.

Anyway, some parents are going to be in for a big surprise next year when the third book is released on video. I'm betting it'll be rated PG-14, but they might screw the ratings up. Nevertheless, naive parents will take their kids to the movies thinking it's just an exaggeration and have to live through a week of the kids not wanting to sleep alone because they're afraid they'll have their souls sucked out and their flesh eaten #Tongue.

About movies to books, and such, you can't convert a book to anything else. It just doesn't work. With a book to a movie, the movies would be way too long, and you can't put in the other things, like what characters are thinking. Also, some people have different expressions, and it can be hard to tell when someone is looking suspiciously at a person (On screen), but there's no problem in a book.

Books to games are the same way, but for a different reason. Games just don't have the technology to do that, yet. Books, also, have too complicated plots. The only computer game I've ever played that was as good as a book was Neverwinter Nights, and the only movie that lived up to its book counterpart was LOTR and Harry Potter, but even LOTR and HP left out a LOT of important stuff they should have put in. Hell, Tom Bombadil wasn't even IN LOTR... He took up 100 pages!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Eternal2u
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Tom Bombadil wasn't even IN LOTR... He took up 100 pages!

also dont forget Tom had a BOOK MADE FOR HIM i mean how could they leave him out..besides the fact ehw as quite funny lol...

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whos this Tom guy? Nevermind I asked that, I dont really care... I dont think I have ever read a book from cover to cover... Thats why Literature skills are poor. O wel mi englih scills cume frum teh etnter nit Smile. I havent really found a book that interests me. If im to read a book, it has to start off with action. The actions has to contiune through the whole book, otherwise I will get bored and just, leave off where the action stopped. Your right Kane, theres no way you can fit everythig thats in a book, in a movie. Well actually it is possible, but the movie probably would have to be a 12 to 24 hour movie :p

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol!

To Eternal: Tom had a book written about him? Damn, I gotta read it Very Happy

Tom Bombadil is one of the single coolest characters in LOTR... Almost as cool as ye' olde' Gandalf, actually. Tom Bombadil rescues the trio from some crazy tree that's trying to eat them, and he lets them stay at his house. He is the only person in middle earth that can resist the call of the Ring. He actually puts it on and holds it in his hand for a while. Even FRODO couldn't do that without going nuts, and in the end, he-- Well, I'll not say that, for the benefit of those who haven't read the books (Trust me, it's a hell of an ending)... Tom was about 100 pages in the book, and he's the only way they got out of the forest.

I think the LOTR movies focused too much on fighting and combat. I mean, they left out all the interesting story, like in that freaky forest and such. They just went straight to the swordfights, but then, the were catering to the general audience, not those of us who read the books...

Since it is this topic, does anyone know anything about the 5th HP book? I thought that was supposed to be out here in N.A. a year ago @.@

Tapek

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh your talking about the SECOND harry potter movie.

The second one isnt even out here yet.

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, I just saw it. The first one WAS pretty childish, but once we get into the whole soul-sucking-out parts of the third movie, it's going to take a sharp turn from that #Tongue

Eternal2u
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

erm i just went to see the 2nd movie and man dobby is da man too bad he not so bright or he coulda really whooped up on mo fo i mean malfo...

Venom
Laser Commando

Location: Floating along the river Stix, just about inside Hades but not quite there.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

question how did Lord of the Rings get in with Harry "Crap" Potter?

[img]http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/download.php?id=953[/img]

Venom
Laser Commando

Location: Floating along the river Stix, just about inside Hades but not quite there.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh sorry forgot my address:

Fourth stop Knoxville, TN

Sapp726
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

eh it was alright, i thought the books were pretty good for kids..... and the movie...the first one sucked, the second was alright

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

next stop, edmonton CA
I think harry potter is just plain GEY! (lol nice little correction for that word)

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well this thread came to a quick halt

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

aahhhhhh, its an epidemic of triple posters.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry, but where do you see a triple post? Please alert us anytime you see it Wink....

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll keep my mouth shut on this subject just because I have a really strong opinon on harry potter which some would not like.

All hail me

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

throw it up! We are here to discuss different opinions...

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes spit out the whole bucket of beans, tell for cryin out loud

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I find harry potter to be a worthless peice of crap. All of the book's are way below my reading level and not worth the time ot paper they wre wrote on. THe movies blew something big and were even more worthless than the book's. I have even gone to the extent of burning harry potter item's in my house just because it looked at me funny. I also think that anyone who watche's this crap or read's it should be dragged into the middle of the road and shot as garfeild the cat would say.

Now I warned you that I had a very strong offensive opionon on this subject matter.

All hail me

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Right on, wooh yeah, you tell it Brother.

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah tell them stupid dolts about Harry potter and his fat ass, how he aint nuthin

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol guys, it's a matter of opinion, but, no need for insults, cat...

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

all that fancy lah de dah on a broomstick, but i bet he can't ride a bike or drive a car (especially not a flying one).

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry i didn't mean to i was just jokin

Tapek

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hellfire wrote:
All of the book's are way below my reading level

Same here.

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The books are below anyone's reading level. They're about average with most Tom Clancy books I've read, and Clancy books are about an average reading level. And, personally, I liked the movies (Not the best movies I'd seen, but they're were good adaptations of the book).

If you ACTUALLY think Harry Potter books are below your reading level, then you must have read the first four pages of the abridged version of the first book, and then stopped reading.

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey.. i guess ill bring this topic back to the top and start some more arguments #Tongue but ya, i read the first book of harry potter when it came out and i dont know but i didnt really like the whole storyline and plot... if you ask me a book about wizards should be mroe dungeons and dragon like ya know?
and i know a couple here have read part of this series but ill ask anyways, has anyone read the 'redwall' series? personally i love it and i still haven finished all the books (theres like what.. 12 of them :S) hey banshee, remember GWredwall? yep.. guess where he got his name lol, what ever happened tothat kid anyways? another great book wich i guess is already a trilogy is Among the Hidden.. now that was a good sci-fi ish book

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes i have read most of them and they were good, the His Dark Materials trilogy are also excellent books.

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The like the dragonlance book's it's great it's publiched by wizards of the coast whom own the rights to dungeon's and dragon's I've read about 12 of the book's but there are still many more I need to read. I think their great it has wizard's elves dragon's, and gnome's wat more could you want plus exciting story line's

All hail me

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

YEAH REDWALL!!!! Redwall books are WAY better than the Harry Potter books, which I also like.

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

never herd of redwall, I'll look the next time I'm at chapters

All hail me

Tapek

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And to offtopic we go!

[ Moved by Tapek ]

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [36 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon