Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:29 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Open Source SHP Builder: Information
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [87 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tried just reinstalling in the same folder i started the exe now i'm getting
Access violation at address 00405FB9 in module 'SHP_Builder.exe'. Read of address 00000000.
Access violation at address 004058E2 in module 'SHP_Builder.exe'. Read of address 01573050.
almost everytime i start it
Also all cameoBG files are 0kb and the commlist is still the wrong file(its a xml)

Skype live:tomsons26
Don't forget to state who are you otherwise i'll ignore the invite

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Forgot to mention,i ran it as Admin when I installed it

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Delete all these files and re-download the SHP_Builder.exe from the link from the first post.

All the bugs you've mentioned were already fixed.

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am using the latest version, clean install, all those bugs are still present for me, now i get the address errors even if i copy the latest exe over a older working installation(37 beta 12 downloaded as tar from the svn)

Zaaz
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm having some exceptions too. I think it has to do with write/reading the added LastPalettePath property.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've tested installing it in the same dir and in a different dir using my windows XP and it worked correctly with no warnings/exceptions, etc so far. I'll have to test it in Windows 7 as soon as possible.

Zaaz
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@tomsons26lv
I cant post anything here, so I created a thread in beta testing. Tell me if that fixes your issues.

Im a link. Click me.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Revision 39 has a very minor attempt fix for it, although I can't test it if it fixes it, since I'm unable to reproduce this problem on my Windows XP.

Edit: I've tested revision 39 with Windows 7 and UAC. Now it always runs as administrator (the setup trick in the description has successfully fooled UAC). The installation was successfull and nothing wrong happened. When I've left the program, windows has suspected that the program wasn't properly installed, but I had to tell it that it was installed correctly. Then, I've executed the program again and I've seen one access violation message. Then, when I run it again, there are usually 2 access violations.

I still don't know what causes it. Once I return from a party, I'll test a version with a bunch of ShowMessage to be able to debug where exactly are these access violations happening and why do they only happen with Windows 7 and not with XP.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update: The recent revisions from OS SHP Builder 3.37 seems to fix all installation issues reported by tomson26lv, Bittah and Zaaz and it is running quite in a stable way.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One thing that could be improved in the installer is that it doesn't seem to accept certain keyboard commands. When I try to paste a path in it via Ctrl+V, nothing happens, while right-clicking and then clicking Paste does work. Ctrl+A also doesn't select the whole path that's already been entered (for this I need to put the mouse cursor at the beginning of the line, hold shift and then press End).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That seems to be a bug from the VCL TEdit component.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update 03/01/2014: OS SHP Builder 3.37 has been officially released! (revision 58)

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

3.38 Beta is just a way to call the latest SVN build. And the latets SVN build is indeed 3.37 at the moment. So, there is no difference.

Even in the future, there won't be any difference at all, because the installer naturally downloads the latest version of the program in the SVN.

ramil16
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wish you can create a step by step video tutorial on it

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Open Source SHP Builder: Information Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is not closed source program. It is open source and it does not cost a cent.

Go to http://svn.ppmsite.com to get the source code.

The only thing that it does not do is to follow any of the GNU GPL liscenses.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He means SHP Builder is not a "freeware" per definition of freeware.
Since it is Open Source it should be called "Open source software" or "free software".

Public SHPs

Tools

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Edit: With all due respect, I like a part of GNU's cause, but not its means, nor its fanatism for free software. I do not support GNU.

I couldn't care less if their so beautiful definition of freeware doesn't match SHP Builder's case.

I usually understand freeware as a program that doesn't cost a cent, regardless if the source code is available or not.

Edit 2: In order to avoid confusion, I've edited the freeware part of the text.

Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Choosing a http://opensource.org/licenses does not mean you support any ideological course. It just helps to avoid misunderstandings. Which terms have you chosen for OS SHP Builder?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

None of them and I have no plans to change that.

Quote:
This program was made by Banshee and Stucuk, with contributions from PaD and VK. You can make anything with it as long as the authors receive credit for their work. If you make an unoficial patch of the program, this liscense must be unchanged and Project Perfect Mod must be credited for hosting support for the official OS SHP Builder.

Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Technically speaking, the quoted lines are already a license.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Correct.

xanax
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's a link to be used by your SVN client. If you try it with the browser, it will be dead indeed.

Milch&Muesli
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello Banshee,

over at OpenRA.net your shp builder gets used quite frequently for sprites and custom units in the RA and TD universes for custom maps.
I planned to use this tool for a OpenRA mod map of Dune 2000 as well, but unfortunately your tool does not support the d2k palette :/

Its very similar to the palette of Tiberian Sun, but not the same. Could you please implement the d2k palette as well, so i can use the shp builder for this Westwood game as well? Wink

I could provide you with the palette.bin if required. Send me a message. I just don't know how to translate that into your custom .pal format. ^^

Thanks very much!

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Milch&Muesli:

The d2k palette.bin is just a normal, simple Westwood 6-bit palette, same as what SHP Builder uses.
All you should need to do is to rename the palette.bin to d2k.pal and copy that into the Palettes\User subfolder of SHP Builder. Then you should be able to select it.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reaperrr wrote:

simple Westwood 6-bit palette

In truth we call it only Westwood 6-bit (or in total 18-bit) since saw it there but it is actually VGA Classic standard, not actually Westwood designed at all.

http://www.shikadi.net/moddingwiki/VGA_Palette

Milch&Muesli
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the hints.

Importing from the images with the d2k palette selected fixed the color-issues in the editor. And exporting as shp(TS) might have fixed some issues with broken shp(TD) exports.

But still haven't had success so far. I am not sure I use the settings correctly and using TS settings for the d2k content is kind of far fetched, too Very Happy

Having d2k options for import/export would be so much better Smile  ...and i would not have to suspect any potential errors there...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you tell me what are the best options to set there when importing D2K infantry, buildings, animations and cameos, I can set profiles there to speed up the process.

Milch&Muesli
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can't right now, since i just recently found a way to get the shp's to work.

* using d2k custom palette from the palette.bin file for importing, optimized for TS.
* using XCC to convert the shp(TS) of SHP Builder back to png's and then into shp/shp(TD) format. Only then it works fine.
@banshee: you compare your output shp(TD) and XCC's output shp for the same file, maybe you can fix that issue with your shp(TD). XCC does it the right way.

Aftter collecting some experience with Builder I will report back Smile

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you go over XCC anyway, why not convert the PNGs with XCC Mixer directly?
Just add the D2K Palette to a mix file which XCC finds, select that palette and then import the PNG frames with XCC Mixer.

Public SHPs

Tools

CrAshB63
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:

Anyway, the latest revision should fix most of the problems that were reported above. I just don't know if it solves the issues of installing things on program files without the bless from UAC, which is what I plan to test asap.

The SHP's, link seems to be down. I can't download the program.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
It's a link to be used by your SVN client. If you try it with the browser, it will be dead indeed.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon