Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:01 pm
All times are UTC + 0
FAQ: The 1 and 2 years old topics...
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject:  FAQ: The 1 and 2 years old topics... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Recently I saw too many people complaining about new forum members that replies to topics that were dead for years (yes, plural!), and even insults were posted for these members for re-opening dead topics. Let's get one point clear here: if the topic exists and isnt locked, it can be replied. Sometimes the reply can come late but it may add something to the topic. Probably a new forum member that does that post now because he couldnt post what he wanted earlier. So, there is nothing wrong to open old topics, except if the purpouse is to spam. If you have anything against what I said in this post or any comments, please reply. I just dont wanna see people being flamed here for ridiculous reasons.

Over and out,

Banshee

Eternal2u
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just wondering...

why the hell aren't ya'll archiveing topics that are a year or two old...?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because I dont want.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He's too lazy #Tongue

Besides, what's the point?

Eternal2u
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the point is that sometimes visitors tend to open threads that are very old, and have covered all the points on it, just to re-post the same point that was said before, but since they didn't read the thread, they just get yelled at by the mems who are bombarded with ancient threads because one user decided they wanted to drag the dead from there graves...

Not to mention sometimes they reply to threads that are so far outdated, that the topic isn't even fesable to be discussed...like for example any news thread more than 3-4 months old, since they are usually updated a shitload by the point that 3-4 month old thread is dug up..

Destroyer
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

heh, I don't see you archiving old posts on gx, Eternal.  Wink

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think i should post something like this at TumSun

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good words #Tongue Havoc complained when someone posted on one of my year old mod threads lately, but i liked the comment because i had just came back & this seemed to be someone who hadn't seen my mod yet #Tongue

christophski the great
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thankyou! this is what i try to say when people complain about bumping topics, but it annoyed me so much i just gave up.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Understood, Banshee.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Destroyer wrote:
heh, I don't see you archiving old posts on gx, Eternal.  Wink

How ironic that he posted this half a year later... Rolling Eyes

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BUMP!

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Boy this is ironic!

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WTFROFLOLMAO

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

banshee..... playing against hes own rules XD

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No. I was bumping it because many people were forgetting this topic and complaining at those who were replying to old topics.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol ok, i was just joking #Tongue

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

History repeats itself - CABAL

Zodiac
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yuri 05 wrote:
History repeats itself - CABAL

You mean ... another Tiberium meteorite?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll start to wipe some spam from this topic soon...

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey I didn't spam! I meant, this topic need to be re-opened...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!