Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:17 am
All times are UTC + 0
Generals is going to kick ass
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [33 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 6:05 am    Post subject:  Generals is going to kick ass Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

'Nuff said Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah its going to rule!!! To bad I wont be able to play it...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Tapek

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I aint getting it, it looks shit.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i bet the gameplay will b shit, 3d Real Time Strategys are crap, 2d Rule.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Game play will be good.... for those who have an athlon +2000 with geforce4... believe, it will own. However, if you have a duron 950mhz with a vanta, the game will run slowly and it aint be fun...

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hee hee, sorry to brag but I couldn't help but point out my comp spec...

Athlon xp 2000
512mb ram
geforce 4

(I'll go and sit in the corner and hide now)

Tapek

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

rofl I just upgraded mine to a Athlon xp 2000+, geforce 4, and 256mb ddr ram. Just need more ram.

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Generals is going to own, definately. I'm in the process of getting the beta (Taking forever #Tongue), but I can tell from what I've heard from testers that it's going to be amazing. Also, lots of 3D RTS' are good. War3, EE, AOE2...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have to add Warzone 2100 to that list Kane, the best strategy I've played next to the c&c series

the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 12:18 am    Post subject: 3d gaming sux Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that is a mjor lie

WC3

AoM

both completely awesome games and both with a 3d engine.

and for any of u who have played force 21 good game too, but not the same type.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, I agree with you, The_Kid. I also have Emperor here with 3D engine and it rocks, but it starts to suck when it slow down (like any other game). Emperor´s case also suck to be a bit unballanced. I mean, get 10 minotaurs and you destroy all AI bases with it. If you are Harkonnen, use 10 Devastators. If you are Ordos, use Cobras as well, but more than 10 Cobras.

AOM and WC3 really owns, mate and yea, it´s in 3D. In case Generals is released, I aint use a Vanta anymore to play it, because, errm, oh well, it´s gone. I really dont know what will be my next video card. I want a GeForce 3 (Not MMX) or GeForce 4 (Not MMX), however, I still depends on the approval of the reality... and well... it´s a bit harsh at me #Tongue...

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very Happy I got a new motherboard, graphics card, and Processor:DVery Happy. Celeron 1.7GHz and TNT 2 graphics

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TNT 2??? Oh man... I feel really sorry for you... TNT 2 deeply sucks... I had one few days ago. Reality allowed me to buy a the best model of GeForce4 MX 440 from Abit, more exactly GF4 MX 8X. Quite good, but unfortunatelly I can't enjoy all resources of this video card, since my AGP is limmited to 4x...

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a TnT2 for now. It doesn't cause too much trouble, as long as you can compensate with a good sound card and processor.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AMD Athlon XP 2000 + Quantispeed Technology (1.6 mhz)
256MB PC2100 DDR Memory(266Mhz)
Geforce 4 Ti4200 (128mb)
ASUS Technology Motherboard(266Mhz)

Game looks ok from screen shots on Czerox.

the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My comp

athlon 300 mhz
16mb v-card
don't know my s-card
128mb ram
20 Gb hd

dads laptop

pentium III 600
8mb v-card
don't konw s-card
128mb ram
6Gb hd

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You gonna have problems with Generals, mate...too slow...but laptop will run it ok, specially, because a P3 600 from a laptop is quite faster than the same p3 600 processor from a PC because the distance of the computer pieces...

Sapp726
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

751 mhz amd that runs at 841, tnt 2 32 mb, and 384 pc 133 sd ram, im gonna save for a new comp

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm thinking of getting rid of this system and getting a laptop instead (I'm hipefully heading to uni next year so a laptop will be more practical). Of course it will have to run generals but that shouldn't cost too much

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually I'm saving up to buy myself the new GEForce FX... Laughing Laughing Laughing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Smile Smile Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You gonna need to save up a lot... the current prices are too much expensive...

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

im guessing like around 400 Pounds(basicaly a old pc say P450 128mbs ram etc (thothe pc proberly would cost more.....me no good with pc estimates #Tongue))

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you do get what you pay for though don't you. The FX is going to truly rock......

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, just hope to it be fully compatible with directx and have no problematic drivers, because my GF4 is suffering with Warcraft 3 which crashes all the time for ridiculous reasons. Now, I'm rushing for new drivers (which are not available).

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if u have XP then thats the reason, i wish my pc had 98 its sooo much better(n i know it is, all the probs i have got which are the OS's fault, it don't go a day without something fu cking up cos of XP)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have win98SE and Warcraft 3 used to have no problems with my old video-card...

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Personally, my comp is:

1700 P4, overclocked to 2100
256 Megs ram
SB Audigy Gamer
Riva TNT2 M64 Pro 32Meg (Soon to be a GEForce 4 128 meg)
Asus Mainboard

Really, anything more powerful than 500mhz, 64Megs ram, and a 64 Meg vid card should work fine for generals... I can't see the specs being any highter than that.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The specs are Pentium 3 700Mhz with 128mb RAM with a 16 meg or better video card... I think.... At least, I think I heard it somewhere...., but I can't remember... Generals site still doesnt confirm the prerequisites, so it may change or not... well... let's wait until know...

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This game will be great if my comp would ever run it, and if it's any thing like my all time favourite machines than it will definatly be cool

All hail me

the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm just worryed about my 8 mb v-card, but i can check my pc-gamer, but i'm just too lazy right now, sorry guys.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

8mb? You will need 64mb... probably...

D
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ong, what is it with u people n XP

XP is alot better than 98, 98 sucks, XP has all the stuff of 98 + ,more (not nessicarily more bugs, everything has bugs)

ive been using xp for 2 yrs now, and iv onyl come acroos probs with 1 game for windows 95 that dosent work with XP

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Was that game RA? Because my friend cant install RA on XP.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [33 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum