Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:00 pm
All times are UTC + 0
need graphics help for RA1 total conversion.
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:48 am    Post subject:  need graphics help for RA1 total conversion. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no one really mods RA1 anymore. and it is pretty sad that most command and conquer sites don't even recognize it as existing. like they have no information or anything for it. but they do for RA2. which i personally feel was inferior to RA1.

anyway. i have been working on this conversion for a long while. i have been around since the days of the first red alert mods and conversions. i was a webmaster at cncmods.com with will before it went defunct if anyone remembers that.

but anyway, i have a lot of really cool stuff so far. and this is going to be a great conversion. i plan on replacing as much as i can in the game with stuff that has not been seen before in other conversions. i want it to have all new units,etc.

and i plan on replacing all infantry as well, which is very time consuming, but i have already got a few of them done/near done.

anyway, i would like some people to help take some of the work load off of me.

basically what i need is someone who is good at making new buildings with build animations. and someone who is good at modeling new units like tanks and things like that, or at least good with loading premade models and outputting them as .shps

both would be ideal.

i will post some images soon of some work i have done already for my conversion but i am just to tired to make and upload images right now.

but i hope that someone will be interested.

also, i will need a few beta testers for when the first private beta is released sometime this year.

that is all.

thank you for your time.

-kevin

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What units do you already have and will you use any orignal shps or cameos from the orignal game.

delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i will post some stuff that i and others who worked on this conversion with me in the past have made already soon.

nothing from the original game will remain except for the terrains, menus, etc.

things that i cannot be bothered to change.

i once thought about changing a terrain, the only problem is that with RA1 whenever you change the graphics of a terrain object, say a cliff or waterfall it becomes passable. so if you replaced the terrain, then everything on the map would be passable.

but i just might change the interrior terrain to desert or a sort of wasteland terrain.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TMP stuff is a pain in the ass... specially TMP (TD) that isn't supported by any tool...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

definately...

i believe there was one mod for RA1 that i remember as replacing i think it was the interior tileset with a "lunar" moon type terrain which was basically the desert terrain from TD in grayscale. it was pretty cool, NOD and GDI fighting on the moon... i cannot recall which mod that was though.

Liek ZOMG X 2
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll try to help with some stuff.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So you plan for new building artwork and the rest when you can get them and ALL the animations from the mix's?Sounds good but the only problem I see with a red alert conversion is that you can't properly get these units.

Mine layer
Hind
Chinhook
Gunboat
Destroyer
Cruiser
Submarine
Missile Submarine
Chrono tank.(I know its possible but I mean like how it was orignaly).
Yes I know you can get some to work like the gunship and the rest but not exactly as they were.

delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

morpher you are an idiot. no offense. but i am not making a conversion for TS or RA2 or Generals or some other C&C game and trying to turn it into RA1. i am making a conversion FOR RA1!!!

that's exactly what i am talking about...

it's like people act like RA1 doesn't even exist anymore...

delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey cabal901,

what sorts of things could you be able to help with?

delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

here is a link to view some works-in-progress of the moment:

http://www.leukos.net/coda/

please take into account that they are works-in-progress and i am working on perfecting them before you post, hey that needs shadows, or hey that is not in the ra1 pallete, or whatever else.

i have a bunch of other stuff that has been made for this conversion that i will post later, because the units and art for all of the older stuff is on my other computer and i have to sort all of it out.

delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

here are a couple screenshots i took today while i was testing out a new tank i have been working on the past couple days, i was also testing out the new team colors, which you can see in the shots.

decimator03.gif
 Description:
screen 03
 Filesize:  131.6 KB
 Viewed:  5106 Time(s)

decimator03.gif

decimator02.gif
 Description:
screen 02
 Filesize:  132.24 KB

decimator02.gif

decimator01.gif
 Description:
screen 01
 Filesize:  111.23 KB

decimator01.gif

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ahh.I thought you were making RA1 in TSUN.Hey
that tiberium refinery looks pretty cool on your link!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very cool project! Do you wanna a forum here?

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sure! i would love a forum.

the name of my conversion is "coda : the tiberium wastelands"

thank you very much!

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the new remap green
The new unit is just the Mammoth chasis with a Tiberian Sun, RPG Component upgrade stuck on top

Q. Is it possible to a specific sub side (like england) a unit and/or building specific to England only ? (like the grand cannon in RA2 etc)

delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes that is what it is but i am going to edit it more.

plus, i have a lot of units so far that are completely new rendered units never before seen. but i will show those later. they are on my other computer.

and until i get another 3d modeler i am stuck kinda doing what i can with what i have.

there will be 3 sides.

GDI, NOD, and The Mutants.

all sides will have specific units, infantry, and structures.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon