Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:21 pm
All times are UTC + 0
staff needed
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [30 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject:  staff needed Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i am in dire need of staff.

i need at least one or two 3d modelers for modeling of new units and buildings with build up animations and damaged frames.

or any type of graphics artist who is just really good with making new units and or buildings which look really good.

even if you could just convert voxel units you have made for your own conversion for TS, RA2, or Generals, for use in RA1 that would be incredible. I just really need at least one more person helping me to create new units and buildings. or it will take forever for this thing to finally be finished.

I am in desperate need of a really good looking mammoth mark II unit to replace one of the ants. the mammoth mark II's which were previously made for RA1 look like shit. and the one that was being made for this conversion...well I don't know what happened to the artist, so i only have the turning frames, no walking frames.

i also need a staff of beta testers who will test the first private beta which i will send out by snail mail on a cd-r.

If you are interested please post below.

Liek ZOMG X 2
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

d have no design in 3d moddeling, I can do some infantry and beta test

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have an experience in ra1 modding. I can make  copy/paste units...

mig.png
 Description:
Here's a Mig like in the cameo.
 Filesize:  4.52 KB
 Viewed:  13957 Time(s)

mig.png

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well..id PM Nyerguds here. hes a TD/RA1 modding fanatic,and he made C&C2SW.

delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

all right, sweet.

jah, i don't really see anything different about that mig and the mig in ra 1... what else can you do?
i see you are good with making buildings...

and carnotaurus, i know nyerguds, he's posted on a forum i've been frequenting long before i found this place. but thanks for the thought.

delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry jah, after looking at the original RA1 mig and then yours, i DO see the difference. and yours looks much much better.

so are you interested at all in working on this conversion with me?

i really like the work you have done that i have seen, with ts buildings, and now this mig, etc.

sorry i didn't notice it at first. but it does look really good!

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I would like to work for you... Love RA1

General Drippik
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds Hot,I'd help but I've never modded red alert 1 before only tiberian sun but its a good game
I don't see why there is so much inactivty in modding it.

delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah definately. if you've modded tiberian sun then you should have no problem at all with ra. it's even quite easier than modding tiberian sun.

so what have you done? or waht are you good at? where could i see some of your work?

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm pretty skilled in making damaged frames & buildup animations...

delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nyerguds, if you want to help that would be awesome!

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey, no problem Smile

I'm also very good at making C&C units out of a bunch of renders... you know, the palette tweaking to get the team colors right and stuff. I've done that before, for RA2SW.

Oh, and to anyone that would render units for this mod... please, no antialiasing. It's a hell to clean up Confused

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In my opinion it's best to use two renders for each frame, one render just normal and with antialiasing and the other the subject coloured pure white with a black background and no antialiasing. That way it is easy to have only the transparency aliased.

Last edited by DeathRay2K on Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total

General Drippik
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At the moment I am trying to make an Aliens vs Humans mod for TSUN but if I get no staff to help it won't work.Your mod sounds very good and you seem to want to put a lot of work in.I could help with coding or you could have my mix file of sounds from TSUN,generals and renegade with some tiberian dawn voices if I can find it.I am looking forward to seeing this mod.Keep up the good work that I have seen!!!

General Drippik
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey I was wondering,is there a way to make a new redalert campaign,cause a new one would be great in your mod but are there any GOOD mapmakers for RA1.

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's suprisingly easy to make a new campaign in Red Alert. You just create the maps, with the scripting needed, and rename them. Even the scripting is very simplistic, what with it being an old game.

General Drippik
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm.Maybe I should join,sounds easy and fun,but I am no good with graphics just coding things and swapping different graphics around is what I do.Will there be a campaign in this mod?

delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i am definately making missions. at the moment i am thinking of making just like add-on type missions like counterstrike and aftermath, where you go to the "new missions" box and select them. because i personally do not want to make 14+ missions for each side and make sure they are all completely bug free.

but if you or someone else is interested in doing campaigns... feel free to go right ahead. and i will try to get the story together somewhat so that the missions can follow it.

General Drippik
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love making missions but I am rubbish at making the actual map,things like triggers and stuff is what I am good at.

delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i could make the maps.

General Drippik
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What do you use to make them,is it something like final sun,or is it the one you get with the game?

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

there's ra map editor which is included in the game

General Drippik
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it any good?I think I had a little look at it but I think it wasn't that good.

delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i use the RA map editor. i also use... i think its called RAEdit which lets you make maps at normal resolution, instead of RA resolution so you can see more, it also allows you to place buildings, units, etc. and place triggers and all the other mission info.

General Drippik
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you want some multiplayer maps?I could try an make some.I'm checking out that map editor that comes with the game.

delete me
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i will supply a bunch of multiplayer maps i have made in the past for this tc. if you would like to supply some as well go ahead and make some.

General Drippik
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will have some shots but don't expect a master peice as I have only just started to make full maps in final sun

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

finalsun??? its ra1!

General Drippik
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know,what I am trying to say is I have only just begin mapping

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well finalsun is definately not a good way to learn mapping if you plan to apply those skills to RA1.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [30 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon