Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:41 am
All times are UTC + 0
mod ideas.
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
TSTWRockith
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject:  mod ideas. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have thought of a lot of ideas, but a few of them are a bit weirder than the ones I believe have been on here. For example:
(I am not good at VXL editing and such, but I'm really good at coming up with the drawings and ideas and stuff.)

Tiberium Sun: Occult Union

This is the breakdown, pretty much: NOD has found the deeper side of their faction, and isn't in any hurry to leave. They're now using superweapons such as the "Black Tomorrow" to control vehicles into killing their own units, the "Valica Missile Defense System," or "VMDS", to destroy land so that things cannot be built on them, or the "Mandril Tank," which can fire from underground. NOD's faction eventually call themselves the "Occult Union", and bring their level of unification to a maximum.

GDI stays Global Defense Initiative, but they develop a new array of weapons to stop this much scarier NOD threat. they develop units such as the "Image Tank", or a tank that can take the image of it's surroundings, such as a tree or rock, they develop the "Cobblestone Tower", a tall tower that can see the entire base around, and alert it if there is an enemy soldier anywhere in it's vicinity. Here are some other units and structures:

UNITS: (infantry)
GDI Brethren: a unit that goes into an enemy base and disrupts power for 30 seconds. ($450)
GDI Driller: Unit that drills and damages buildings and units moderately. close range only. ($300)
GDI Spotter: Sort of like a mobile radar. Has a small radar circle range around him, and spots enemy units. Good when searching for enemies. ($150)
GDI Disarmament Soldier: Infantry equipped with a laser that does heavy damage to units. ($500)

UNITS: (vehicles)
Amphibious Harvester: Harvester that can travel across water. ($1500)
Glasseater: A cylinder-shaped tank that rams into units and destroys them completely. ($900)
Nuclear-Defined Suicide Tank (NDST) - Large box shaped tank that is radio controlled. Goes into desired base and blows itself to bits. Damages everything around it in about a 40 frame radius. ($3000)
I have more ideas, so I'm just gonna keep posting them. Why? I hope people use them in the future. I would love to see my ideas in someone's mod sometime, so please use any you like. If you have questions, please ask. Very Happy

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GDI units with lasers? Not very GDI-ish...

"Banned" RP here

TSTWRockith
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing that's true, but I just thought that it'd be unique. And maybe they don't have to be red, wouldn't there be a way to change animation color? Like the way the flame tanks had blue fire instead of regular in TSTW, where the Mutant faction used blue flame.

Judeau
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

actually in one of the fmv's a cyborg gets blown up by a laser fired by a gdi trooper

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

actually the X-armor in the teaser video, is a GDI unit and fires lasers. Wink

but a distrupter infantry...hmm...

but anyways, seems your ideas are for a RA2 adaptation. TS might not be able to cater. Oh well, good luck if you do press forward for a mod.

Although exactly why does Nod call themselves the "Occult Union"?
Confused

unnownrelic
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The soldier doesn't fire a laser. It's a pulse rifle. Technically it has a beam but they don't show it as such in the normal because otherwise it would look like some NOD thing. Same thing with NOD standard infantry.

And I was just wondering, has anyone made a mod that makes the mutants a usable faction? I was just wondering since I just realized that would be cool playing as the mutants or something.

1337 translation:
F34R /\/\Y FR158335 0F |)00/\/\

Vincent93
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
unnownrelic
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

vincent wrote:
hmm

What is that supposed to mean?

1337 translation:

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, means he's thinking

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

unnownrelic
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, but I mean what's he thinking about??

1337 translation:

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought "Laser-like" weapons were used by Nod... like.. Obelisk of Light, SBH, CORE Obelisk, Obelisk of Darkness, Laser BH, and yeah.

ayylmao on Discord

unnownrelic
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They are used by NOD. But I mean the GDI and NOD general infantry use pulse rifles. They technically fire a beam but in the normal game they don't show it because they didn't want to confuse everyone.

1337 translation:

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you'd watch all of the cimimatics (And I mean ALL) you'd know. I myself have seen it been showed

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

unnownrelic
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seen what been shown?

1337 translation:

Sorrow
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In some movies it's a beam weapon, in other an advanced assault rifle or even normal M16.
It doesn't make sense Confused .
BTW
Those pulse rifles from the first mission movie seem to be pretty devastating.
They can kill a cyborg with one shot.
I think that they planned replacing all small arms with energy weapons, but ended giving everyone chainguns Confused .

unnownrelic
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmmmm. You're right about that but how in the world is an assualt rifle or M16 a small arm?

1337 translation:

Sorrow
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

The term small arms describes any weapon that a person can easily transport and fire. It describes personal weapons such as pistols, rifles, grenades, grenade launchers, mortars and machine guns. Small arms find a variety of uses including police and military uses, hunting, personal protection, crime, civil war and sports shooting. Many small arms have a low power compared to other gun types.

BTW Does anyone know how the pulse rifle works?

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

akult wrote:
actually the X-armor in the teaser video, is a GDI unit and fires lasers. Wink

but a distrupter infantry...hmm...

but anyways, seems your ideas are for a RA2 adaptation. TS might not be able to cater. Oh well, good luck if you do press forward for a mod.

Although exactly why does Nod call themselves the "Occult Union"?
Confused
Wrong. X-armour is Nod owned. it says in the bottom left corner(after the X-armor is attacked) 'TARGET ID: G.D.I.',and i dont think that's just a 'extra' hummer. it drives away as its being blown up.

unnownrelic
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorrow wrote:
Quote:
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

The term small arms describes any weapon that a person can easily transport and fire. It describes personal weapons such as pistols, rifles, grenades, grenade launchers, mortars and machine guns. Small arms find a variety of uses including police and military uses, hunting, personal protection, crime, civil war and sports shooting. Many small arms have a low power compared to other gun types.

BTW Does anyone know how the pulse rifle works?

Okay.
Now about the pulse rifle. Theoretically speaking from my limited knowledge base, a pulse rifle fires an amplified pulse of some kind of wave. So, say you have a reeeeeealy big amp, and you with it, you use it to make very high energy sound waves. Now, assuming it is used correctly, you could knock down a whole friggin' building with one of those suckers. Now I'm assuming that the Standard Infantry pulse rifle isn't a sound gun because you could see the beam and it was blue. Now the only explanation ffor that would be that it was firing a very concentrated microwave beam which would have the same affect as a disrupter if it was used and directed carefully. And I think that's why West Wood simplyfied the in-game version to just a standard assualt rifle because you could confuse it with a disruptor firing.
By the way, not to sound ignorant or anything, but what is X-Armor and where did I miss it?

1337 translation:

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its in a C&C2 teaser video..., well there's this "wolverine" prototype suit called the X-Armor that runs around naked shooting people with a laser beam...ok not really but an innocent Nod humvee gets splattered.  =P

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'd saw that too, it's too dawn stylish and X-armor
was gold....

Sorrow
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

unnownrelic wrote:
Now I'm assuming that the Standard Infantry pulse rifle isn't a sound gun because you could see the beam and it was blue. Now the only explanation ffor that would be that it was firing a very concentrated microwave beam which would have the same affect as a disrupter if it was used and directed carefully. And I think that's why West Wood simplyfied the in-game version to just a standard assualt rifle because you could confuse it with a disruptor firing.

Besides that particle systems are real nightmare and AI is really dumb...
AI infantry would kill each other and slopes would completely ruin the gameplay.

I wonder what would be more efficient...
Producing microwave guns or assault rifles with hundreds of bullets?

unnownrelic
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1 microwave gun would kill someone a lot faster and would be a heck of a lot more efficient against vehicles than 100s of AR bullets. And it would be cheaper in the end because you have to pay for more bullets (in reality, I suppose you don't have to in the game, heh) and you have too many moving parts. A microwave gun would be solid-state and it wouldn't break as quickly.

And I know that all I said except the vehicle thing only applies to real life, but hey, I'm efficient like that.

1337 translation:

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum