Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:37 am
All times are UTC + 0
RotD Download Comments
Moderators: Reaperrr, red_rebel
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 4 of 5 [203 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I seem to remember that the Orca had 5 missiles, not 3...

*hint*

"Banned" RP here

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tyler Adams wrote:
I seem to remember that the Orca had 5 missiles, not 3...

*hint*

3x2=6

It had 6 in TD, and the ammopoints display worked different in TD, that's why it showed 5.

I had to make it this way, because the weapon needs Burst=2 or else the missiles will all come out of the same spot, and not one from the left and one from the right rocket pod.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

aaahhh.. NM...

anyways, check your PM box, Reaperrr, I sent you the SHP from the deal I mentioned...

"Banned" RP here

bernie
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orca have  6 shoots on RotD i think ....

Orca C&C1  and orca RotD is  not powerfull and is good

( i hate Ion cannon + orca  or +nuclear + orca NOD..... easy to kill  to kill  Construction Yard   Confused )

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nod has no Orca's but Apache's.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To settle the age-old superweapon damage debate... I now have all exact values of all C&C weapons. They can be downloaded here:
http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/junk/stuff/cc1weap.xls

The damage values are all tested in-game, one by one. And the superweapon damage and armor resistance values are straight from C&C95.exe (yes, I found em ^_^).

Do note when looking at the nuke & ion damage that all weapons do only 50% to builings, and that the nuke damage is applied to all the different cells of one buiding in a way I haven't been completely able to figure out yet.

Last edited by Nyerguds on Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:21 am; edited 2 times in total

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
To settle the age-old superweapon damage debate... I now have all exact values of all C&C weapons. They can be downloaded here:
http://www.planetcnc.com/cnc2sw/cc1weap.xls

The damage values are all tested in-game, one by one. And the superweapon damage and armor resistance values are straight from C&C95.exe (yes, I found em ^_^).

cool Very Happy

Nyerguds wrote:
Do note when looking at the nuke & ion damage that all weapons do only 50% to builings, and that the nuke damage is applied to all the different cells of one buiding in a way I haven't been completely able to figure out yet.

buildings had only half as much hitpoints either, so in the end it's the same.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Half as much hitpoints as what? Confused

Btw you gotta get on MSN more... It's not much use that you say you'll clean up these German briefings when you're never online to give em to me Sad

Tycho
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My TS crashed everytime I tried to load a Snow map (with the new Temperate look), I looked a bit into the problem and could identify the cause: droadc14.sno in ecache12.mix (in rotdxp06.mix)

It's quite strange that only a few have that problem. Or do you other guys just don't play on Snow maps? Wink

Anyway I tried the German Version as well as the English one, both crash with droadc14.sno and play fine as soon as you delete it.

I'm not a modder, so I don't know what could be wrong with it, XCC Mixer displays it fine...

/edit:

BTW: Very fine mod!

I would love to experiment a bit with the Map Editor (Final Sun) and try to do a RotD SP Map. I searched the Forum and found that it can't read a .mix in a .mix, so I extracted them all. Buildings and Units work fine, but the Terrain is still original (e.g. snow instead of gras). Is there a way to fix this?

And how can I test a SP Map? (since there isn't a Campaign button in dawn.exe anymore)

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm... there's some ini file controlling what's on the main menu... you can prolly re-add the campaign button somehow.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tycho wrote:
My TS crashed everytime I tried to load a Snow map (with the new Temperate look), I looked a bit into the problem and could identify the cause: droadc14.sno in ecache12.mix (in rotdxp06.mix)

It's quite strange that only a few have that problem. Or do you other guys just don't play on Snow maps? Wink

Anyway I tried the German Version as well as the English one, both crash with droadc14.sno and play fine as soon as you delete it.

I'm not a modder, so I don't know what could be wrong with it, XCC Mixer displays it fine...

/edit:

BTW: Very fine mod!

I would love to experiment a bit with the Map Editor (Final Sun) and try to do a RotD SP Map. I searched the Forum and found that it can't read a .mix in a .mix, so I extracted them all. Buildings and Units work fine, but the Terrain is still original (e.g. snow instead of gras). Is there a way to fix this?

And how can I test a SP Map? (since there isn't a Campaign button in dawn.exe anymore)

Funny... I was having this problem here with 2.3. Then, I've hunted the problematic file in ecache12.mix and sorted. I can play snow maps fine with droadc14.sno.

Tycho
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Strange, I even redownloaded the file to se if it maybe has been hotfixed already and exlude a broken download as reason.

Thanks, Nyerguds, I'll try that...

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds is right, there is a file "newmenu.ini" which controls the menu buttons (positions and so on) and I just disabled the campaign button since there aren't any rotd sp missions (yet  Wink ), but it is there.

Renegade Prime
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reaperrr wrote:
Nyerguds is right, there is a file "newmenu.ini" which controls the menu buttons (positions and so on) and I just disabled the campaign button since there aren't any rotd sp missions (yet  Wink ), but it is there.
Hmmm... missions...

I expected there to be some eventually, seeing as this is a complete TS->TD conversion. Make 'em good!

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With enough work, all the mission possiblities should theoretically be possible shouldn't they? I've never really altered the single player campaign but if the campaign map may be changed, it could be possible.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, it might be possible to put all missions in, but for GDI there's still the airstrike problem Sad

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a long shot, but can the Hunter Seeker be made to drop bombs?

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clazzy wrote:
This is a long shot, but can the Hunter Seeker be made to drop bombs?

don't think so... also, don't forget the HS is programmed to crash into the target.

making the AI call in airstrikes should be possible, but giving them to players would be a problem. Or rather, impossible...

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please. forget campaigns. lets do missions Cov Ops/AM/CS style. a bunch of missions,pick one from a list. (eg: GDI:Kane's Condom Warehouse),play it,complete it,and go back to the select a mission screen.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

not a bad idea... you mean just put it in the Campaigns menu?

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great mod Surprised .. I like the sizzle frizzle when the nuke ignites fodder..Very Happy  
BTW it lagged a bit during the Nuke hit..Likely my crappy pc but ..nice work

christophski the great
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

meh it laggs on my 2.8 ghz comp with 512mb RAM so its just the amount of animations on the screens (fire and stuff.)

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It always lags during a nuke, no matter how badass your PC is. It's just the way the spreading fire is done with loads of shrapnel. There's not much that can be done about that.

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
It always lags during a nuke, no matter how badass your PC is. It's just the way the spreading fire is done with loads of shrapnel. There's not much that can be done about that.
It's worth the short lag +)

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

true Smile

Zodiac
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have 2 things to say:

1:The nuke looks like the soviet nuke in RA2.

2:The GDI barracks buildup looks like the Allied barracks buildup in RA2.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. that's cause it is from RA2

2. I don't know about that, probably that's from RA2 too

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, the Barracks definitely need a buildup of their own. But the nuke, while taken from RA2, doesn't seem any kind of problem to me...

Navy SEAL
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

but the NOD nuke rocket is same as the V3 Rocket launcher in RA 2.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so? actualy, as you've taken it as a conversation object, I'd say it should be a bit darker (doesn't fit to Nod)

Imness
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: ? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hu no wonder this mod looks different then command and conquer 64 the pc version and the 64 version are totally different gosh you would have to use the 3rd command and conquer to make it look like what the 64 version of command and conquer

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why? Oh why they come only to spam with stupid topics and never return to be flamed?

Imness
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:13 am    Post subject: really Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh really i wasn't posting a stupid topic i was suggesting something i was suggesting that you would have to use command and conquer 3 that game to get the smoothness and graphic quality that was achieved when they converted the first command and conquer from pc to the 64 see i played the first command and conquer on the 64 so when i checked out the this mod it looked totally different from 64 version.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't mean to contribute to this if its considered a bump but Command and Conquer 64 was Command and Conquer 1 in 3d, it had actual 3d units and differances in terrain hight, also the buildings were different. If I am right the infantry remain the same.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Why? Oh why they come only to spam with stupid topics and never return to be flamed?

Hahah! Gufu telling people not to spam, that's quite funny! Very Happy

Anyhow, i beleive this topic should be locked... Not too great having a topic like THIS be revived.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: ? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eeh? Really, there's no point in closing the official comments thread IMO.

Imness wrote:
hu no wonder this mod looks different then command and conquer 64 the pc version and the 64 version are totally different gosh you would have to use the 3rd command and conquer to make it look like what the 64 version of command and conquer

Um, actually, the N64 version looks seriously crappy, and it would be an affront to C&C3's nice 3D engine to put in models like that.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just curious, is the team thinking of making a ROTD for CNC3?

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not THIS team. We're doing this because we like modding TS. modding a 3D game is TOTALLY different.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm expecting that the creators of The First Tiberium War (over at CNC-Source) will attempt this total conversion for CNC3.

By the way, I think it should be perfectly possible to give the player (controllable) airstrikes in singleplayer missions with the help of map triggers.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Hunterwolf53
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But why bother with triggers? An airstrike seems possible *I HAVE READ THIS ENTIRE FORUM 5 TIMES* to make an airstrike by changing the Droppod into things that shoot napalm things... theres no need for an actual aircraft, but if you really wanted an aircraft i heard they hacked the engine to enable multiple SW and add new stuff, Why not just use that? Sorry if im being really noobish and if this has been posted 10 billion times but i really just had to get that out.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For 5th million time - YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO SHOOT IT DOWN!

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah. it'll be useless to build SAMs against them.

Hunterwolf53
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay, then may i refer to the near of my post.

"I heard they hacked the Engine and crap like that, why not use that?"

I know i didnt get the quote right but who cares, you still know what im talking about.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

even if they;ve done that, I don't think they can do so, and still keep in normal limits without source code.

Hunterwolf53
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh... didnt expect that... #Newbie Sorry,

--Hunterwolf

( PS: Gufu scares me! Sad )

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
Not THIS team. We're doing this because we like modding TS. modding a 3D game is TOTALLY different.

Would be a interesting thing if we had a damn good graphics team...

Hunterwolf53 wrote:
But why bother with triggers? An airstrike seems possible *I HAVE READ THIS ENTIRE FORUM 5 TIMES* to make an airstrike by changing the Droppod into things that shoot napalm things... theres no need for an actual aircraft, but if you really wanted an aircraft i heard they hacked the engine to enable multiple SW and add new stuff, Why not just use that? Sorry if im being really noobish and if this has been posted 10 billion times but i really just had to get that out.

Ugh, No, no, no, and no.

Airstrikes are simply not possible without the source code.

I wonder if the ol' team will come up with anything new for like, a new mod. Embarassed

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[quote="Von Kriplespac"]Airstrikes are simply not possible without the source code./quote]

Wrong, Airstrikes are possible with reverse engineering.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They are? Smile

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Of course, almost everything is possible... its just getting someone to do it.

bonzy_buddy
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is also a means to emulate airstrike with droppod.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 4 of 5 [203 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon