Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:42 am
All times are UTC + 0
Ore Truck
Moderators: shadowfx78
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
shadowfx78
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:10 am    Post subject:  Ore Truck Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One of the most recent developments in The Alliances units is the new Ore/Dump truck it is heavily armored unit that is used to transport ore and gems from the fields to the refinery.

otruck.png
 Description:
first glimpse at this nicely constructed unit
 Filesize:  107.37 KB
 Viewed:  9533 Time(s)

otruck.png

Beowulf
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isn't it a tad big... MadHQ made an excellent RA1 Ore Truck. You ought to check it out.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Major_Gilbear
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1) It is a pretty nice voxel.

2) It needs some sort of ore-gathering-device (it is CnC afterall).

3) I think it should be shorter - it still looks too much like an eighteen-wheeler IMO.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree totally with Gilbear. It is a nice voxel but it whould be a bit shorter and lacks the scoop thing on the front. Perhaps a bit more remap would help, too?

shadowfx78
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TBH guys i think its a good size but ill shorten it and see what it looks like.
Ill add a bit more remap too i had kinda forgotten about that.

ore gathering device wouldnt fit with my mods flare for realism.

Fenring: i have seen madhqs ore truck and it doesnt fit my mod.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why the hell are you using Ore Trucks anyway? you cant get the scoop to work,for one. it can only be done so that it keeps constantly lifting. ore truck logic is impossible.

shadowfx78
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I called it an ore truck sorry its just a dump truck sheesh

shadowfx78
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is the newest version and i think what will be the final version of the ore truck (if u dont like it go eat mud)

Also i used smooth normals do you think it looks good?

otruck.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  129.43 KB
 Viewed:  9486 Time(s)

otruck.png

Droke
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love it!

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didnt mean to be rude. but i was just saying..Sweet Mother of Kane! Somebody else learns the joy of Smooth Normals!

shadowfx78
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have known bout it for long time if u look at alot of my other voxels

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don’t know there was just some thing about my ra1 ore truck that seemed kind of odd. It seemed kind of bubbly and to big. And like what shadowfx78 said it wouldn’t fit in his mod but s simple re-color and a re-size might make it look like part of his mod. But also like Carnotaurus there really isn’t a point of having a scoop when it doesn’t move wail harvesting.

Anyways shadowfx78 i think that looks good keep up the good work.

Prime
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

May I amke a comment? It's ztyping amazing. Nice job! Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Allied General
General

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

its nice but its a bit too big and in IMO its gonna look totally unrelastic with ore magically disappering underneath ..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice Smile, but it's big.

shadowfx78
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its realistic and thats the bottom line.

alliedg/allied general

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if it was realistic then the infantry should be smaller and you shouldn't be collecting ore.

what is your definition of realistic?

shadowfx78
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well im working on the ore thing.  and the infantry are ts size AG.  (that screen shot was b4 i went ts size FYI)

Looking realistic and the balance of things, and the mod is still very much a WIP. so things will change as time goes by.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol! Allied General, forgot to log in, did ya?

I like the Jeep, and it doesn't matter if ore just dissapears underneath it. Realism doesn't matter, GAMEPLAY and BALANCE, matters.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Major_Gilbear
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You could at least use military-style trucks though? Or what about some sort of military engineering vehicle perhaps?
The civilian eighteen-wheelers just look really out of place collecting ore...

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

M113 HAZMAT APC. take a look at that. the desgin could work well for a harvester-type unit.

shadowfx78
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what if i shortened the depth of the beds?

to something like this:

or something like this:

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the bottom apc tracked truck would be good for the usa.

The scavengers should use a more simple wheeled truck like the one above, its fits in with the basic soviet style (i.e. like in RL, there MLRS are mostly wheeled)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
shadowfx78
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ill basically leave the scavs as they are.  They are an odd faction and could have stolen civ dumpers. but i will decrease the depth of the bed on the trucks to look more like the one in the pic.

Hmm what bout a halftrack type unit for the US?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon