Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:48 am
All times are UTC + 0
Would you...
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Would u rather use a mod manager or install the mods manualy?
Whats a Mod? (hmmm why u on ppm if ya don't know that? :P)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Whats a Mod Manager?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Use A Mod Manager(PLZ Post what one)
41%
 41%  [ 7 ]
Install the mod myself
52%
 52%  [ 9 ]
I don't play TS/RA/YR
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 17

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 3:14 pm    Post subject:  Would you... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why does this forum require u to type something here when the question is above?

PLZ post below explaingin why u chose a particular option.

This Poll was sponsered by

Vaht
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

myself

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I also install the mods myself.

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Definitely myself, I have nothing against mod managers its just i prefer to see exactly what i'm doing.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

:S i would use a mod manager.......if i had mods lol, i wouldn't like the hassle of swaping mods.(it pissed me off b4)

Sapp726
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

eh i kinda like the se2k one but its too old now, they dont have that many mods for it

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

myself, i prefer to know whats going on.

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Id use it! lol, im lazy (also i felt like sayign soemthin different then everyone else Wink)

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't trust managers anymore. One time, a manager for HL fucked the game up, and since then I never use them. Besides, installing them yourself makes it more likely to work.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Tapek

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Definately myself. I don't trust Managers.

Eternal2u
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i use manager like stus Wink reason i say that is because stu be a updating F0oL lol..

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Besides, installing them yourself makes it more likely to work."

? with most mods don't u just extract the files to the TS dir? pritty simple.....

i don't trust managers, but i trust mine......well who wouldn't trust there creation LOL

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dont really play mods anymore, but I have used a mod manager before, and that was the sunedit2k mm. Before that, I would just install them myself. But I am lazy like sk8erkid, so I do prefer mod managers.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Venom
Laser Commando

Location: Floating along the river Stix, just about inside Hades but not quite there.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it depends on how complicated the mod is.if its just a few things i do it myself, but if has more than five major peices than its screwed into the manager

[img]http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/download.php?id=953[/img]

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What do you mean by, "I dont trust mod managers?" Do you think they dont work, or do some have Trojans or somethin?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think he meant by not installing or uninstalling the mods properly. (It may forget files, or something like that...)

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol mine can't forget files, it has a list of the current mod files that are installed so it can easily remove them, it has a "clean" ts thingy built in to detect mod files that are in the TS dir(if any) and gives the user and option of what files to delete(if any), all the tests that have been doen work perfectly the only thing that could "go wrong" is if for some reason u tryed to install a mod with an exe called sun.exe that contained a virus, but somehow i don't think u would find a file called sun.exe in a mod.....

i was thinking of adding a buckup option so u wouldn't lose anything n the files would b placed back in there exact position after u played, also i thought of a thing to stop it delteing the ts main files(not that it would) or overwritign it(if some one placed main ts files in a mod(why would they?))

ppl will never rearly trust programs since they are made by humans mainly for profit......

the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mod manager, se2k or xcc

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

who voted "I don't play TS/RA/YR"

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum