Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:47 pm
All times are UTC + 0
using this thing
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
ngforever2000

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject:  using this thing Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i dont know how to use this thing, readme isnt any help at all, i would like to know how to edit units like the stealth tank

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stealth Tank is a voxel. OS SHP Builder was made to edit SHP (TS) files that infantry, buildings, animations and sidebar icons use. For voxels use the VXLSE III.

To edit the Stealth Tank:

1) Get XCC Mixer at XCC Homepage (under Utilities).

2) Open XCC Mixer and go to Found -> Tiberian Sun -> Tibsun.mix

3) Inside the tibsun.mix, go to local.mix.

4) Inside local.mix, find the stnk.vxl and extract it.

5) Now, get the VXLSE III, here in PPM (http://www.ppmsite.com)

6) Open that voxel in the VXLSE III.

7) Then, you can start having fun. VXLSE III has some basic painting tools that you can use to brush. Also, you can make squares, etc. If you feel more confortable to edit the external parts in a painting program, you can use the texture tool and export the texture. Its a bitmap file, you can edit with any paint program. Voxels also have something known as normals. They basically indicate how the light reflects in the unit. To have no headaches with it, use the Autonormals feature from VXLSE III after doing all the changes in the voxel.

I hope it helps Wink.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Jphgly

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: how do you edit&create buildings Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I want to know how edit&create buildings.

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Buildings are made of SHPs, not voxels. To make a SHP, a rendered 3d model works best. a SHP is much like a sprite, and can be converted to and from animated GIFs.
(so even banshee's fancy sig can be made a SHP) though they dont really have to be animated. building idle anims are seperate small SHPs, to prevent lag in the game. the building itself is not animated, so a single frame is sufficient. buildups however require more, as it is an animation.
however, buildings do have damaged frames. and then theres damaged anims.
plus all the shadows need seperate frames.

theres not really a tut for SHPing as it is always different. and you dont make a SHP like a voxel.
however, there are tutorials for 3d modelling programs, and how to convert those to SHP (or even voxel)

anonymus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how can i make custom units, buldings, and terrain.

anonymus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject:  pls help. im lost Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what is the diference between a voxel and a SHP? What is a SHP?
Is there anything i can use to make custom units,buildings terrain, on my maps?
Is it possible to use a mod to make certain units fast, certian slow, some more powerful, and some weaker?If so can you give me a site? Question

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The FAQ was updated to reply the first 3 questions.
http://www.ppmsite.com/index.php?go=ppmfaq

4) Use the Speed= and Strength= tags. I.e.:

Code:
[MYUNIT]
Speed=10
Strength=1000

In this case, [MYUNIT] will have Speed 10 and Strength 1000. If you wanna make it have a lower speed... like 8, set Speed=8 instead of Speed=10. And etc., these ini files are english friendly.

Masterofire

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: How do i make a unit? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How do i make a unit?
The shape?
The movement?

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh gawd, please ban... At least warn? This is madness...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool down, Icy. People start knowing almost nothing at all and, once they get some experience, they may become a valuable addition to the community.

Quote:
How do i make a unit?

First of all, try to define what kind of unit do you want to do. Planning is a critical part.

Then you need to:

-> Create the shape.
-> Code the image.
-> Code the unit behaviour, weapon, warhead, projectile, etc.
-> Pack the sttuff in the mod. (http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4038)

This is a very quick tutorial on how to make a unit (Sniper):
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=518

And another a tutorial, a bit more advanced, that explains how to code the warhead and explosions.. and the unit (Demo Truck) as well:
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2498

Quote:
The shape?

My first answer and Chielscapes answers may help you on that. It's not nice to rewrite things over and over and over again because people don't pay attention to previous answers.

Quote:
The movement?

Most of times, it will be restricted to the Locomotor tag on rules.ini unit code, but to create mechs and infantry, I recommend you to pick the most similar unit to your new unit and adapt its code from art.ini and rules.ini.

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A large number of the modders here learned to mod mostly on their own. Toying with the game, practicing, and the like.

What changed that we now have to cater to newbs?

Last edited by IcySon55 on Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:38 am; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IcySon55 wrote:
A large number of the modders here learned to mod mostly on their own. Toying the game, practicing, and the like.

Because without some people, we'd have to learn to take files out of the games, ourselves.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And another number of people learned by asking things and getting answers...

Masterofire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IcySon55 wrote:
A large number of the modders here learned to mod mostly on their own. Toying with the game, practicing, and the like.

Exactly why do you think im a noob?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum