Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:12 am
All times are UTC + 0
Discussion of Halo
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [36 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 2:28 am    Post subject:  Discussion of Halo Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Glitches, annoying things, opinons, that kind of stuff.

Ok.
Glitches: If you're close, like with in melee range, like I usually am, and you're reloading a weapon, wait until the clip is in, or it's meter shows full, then wack an enemy. It shortens your reloading time, & you get to wack a enemy.

Annoying things: The Flood. It's far too strong; I kill one, I point my targeting reticle at it, it's blue, then a minute later, while I'm trying to kill a bunch more, it gets up & wacks me from behind. I guess its got something to do with what I blow off.

Also, post funny things you've heard the Covenant say.

I've heard, from a Grunt, "Bad, bad Cyborg!"

"Banned" RP here

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Flood levels rule! the squids are just cannon fodder and watching the covenant fight them is sweet. Especially in High Charity as MC when the dropship crashes Very Happy

ENGLAND 2006!!! HAWAY THE LADS!!!

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sure, they are fun, but they're in excessive amounts.

Still, when faced with loads of infection flood, I just pull out my assualt rifle & spray the ground in their direction with rounds; Or I just ignore them.

I just remebered something a grunt said when I was trying to get off the PoA. "Not so tough, are ya", after I died. I died a lot in that room, the cafateria.

"Banned" RP here

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

'Not again!' when you stick them with a Plasma grenade.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"There everywhere!" said the Grunt to the the Humans

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

red_rebel
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From Halo2 ive heard the following

-Male Marine says to an Elite-
  "Id be angry too if my face looked like a squid"

-Grunt says when running away-
  "he wont get me! he wont get me!"

-Marine says before kill-
   "Come and get your supper!"

-Marine's boasting over a kill-
   "I dont think he's dead....lets make sure"
              then shoots the dead corpse while laughing

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"get up so i can kill you again!" Laughing

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Oooh, pretty.."- Grunt, throwing a plasma grenade

I just beat Halo.. it's got an amazing ending scene..

Clazzy wrote:
'Not again!' when you stick them with a Plasma grenade.

I saw one say that when a flood infection worm attacked it.

"Banned" RP here

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Halo and Halo 2 are the best games out for the X-Box.  Me and my friend beat both in a 6-hour time frame.  It was ver demanding but fun.  Is there a secret Legendary scene at the end...thats what I heard...

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Halo was good, Halo 2 was terrible. I believe me and my friend found out how to get out of almost every level after the first two weeks. It never included Sidewinder (perhaps the best map they made), half of the weapons were pointless until you came to a map with only them on and you're forced to use them. The sword is the most overpowered weapon in the game and once a person has it on a deadthmatch level, he can take down loads of peole before himself dying. And don't even mention the ending...

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've never seen the Halo 2 ending. Can you describe it to me?

And all I've played of Halo 2 is part of Cairo Station, then several online rounds, which were the following game types.. 2 or three Zombies, one or two Tower of Power, a sniper round, and I think a few others I didn't remember..

Modder, I think so.. I'm not sure, though..

I'll go play Halo when I get a chance..

"Banned" RP here

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Righ, this is a spoiler:

Well the find another Halo installation, and it gets armed. They think they stop it but it arms every Halo in the galaxy Secondly, Master Chief gets on a Covenant ship which is part of an armada heading for Earth. You see the ships come in orbit around Earth and it ends. In effect, it's saying: 'LOOK! Sequel is coming! Buy me when I'm released!'

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

halo two was exelent exept for the lack of an ending.

also tyler if you cant handle a few flood then dont play it. everyone knows you have to shoot flood plenty of times to kill them. shoot em when they are down

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"take off your mask! you cant be that ugly"
"Right i killed it and no one saw me?"
"I love the beach"-while flying round beach in a warthog
i hope you can drive a Scarab in Halo3

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a feeling that in Halo3, you're gonna kill the crew of a Covenant cruiser & destroy the rest of the fleet.. Or something like that..

Yeah, I know you have to hit them a lot, still, I run outta ammo doing that..

The movie at the beggining of the last section is funny..

"This thing is falling apart" Cortana
"It'll hold" Masterchief

Just as they get to the airlock entrance, it hits the wall right below the the entrance.

"You did that on purpose, didn't you?" Cortana.

Laughing

That was funny.

"Banned" RP here

E.I.G.
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WP wrote:
"take off your mask! you cant be that ugly"

stupid marine, they can and are THAT ugly

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well Halo 2 packs more firefights, Clazzy.  If you want to avoid them, it is possible...but not very likely in Legendary mode.  The ending did suck, but the total game was great.  The weapons required skill to use, and the sword sucks when it has ammo in story mode.  And what I don't get is why they took out the 600 bullet-wielding Assault Rifle...it was the best weapon overall, and was very easy to find ammo for.  But Halo was much better as you said.

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They also toned down the pistol, and made vehicles destructable in the multiplayer.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

modder666 wrote:
And what I don't get is why they took out the 600 bullet-wielding Assault Rifle..

Dude. if you want an assualt rifle, go & pick up a battle rifle.

It's just the Assualt rifle without the ammo counter, with an added scope as powerful as the Halo 1 pistol.

"Banned" RP here

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Which idiot made it fire in bursts of three, though? That defeats the object of a good rifle.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, but I guess the SMG was supposed to take the place of the AR, and the BR as a second Sniper Rifle.

"Banned" RP here

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I notice you mum was the sux0r in halo Tyler

mum.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  248.14 KB
 Viewed:  8759 Time(s)

mum.jpg

D
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

omg, TerroR is so 1337.  Cool

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WTF!?!

I've played that map, but that's all I get..

"Banned" RP here

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

erm...i dont get it? is that like some extra skin or something or did i miss it?

friday-13th
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey ive got one play on hard lvl and get killed by a mirgae of grunts and one of them will say `hey can i have your helmet`

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Vincent93
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did you ppl know they are going to make a Halo movie?
Either fox or Universal will do it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Didn't hear that.

DooM, definitly. Halo, no.

"Banned" RP here

Dean
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Halo rulez Exclamation
But Halo1 was better then Halo2 though, don't know why but it had more *feeling to it* Laughing

A Newsflash By J4m3sb0nd:
Quote:

if VW and Sevleys mix with DvD & Me they will become huge big flying brains with gooey tentacles & spawn headcrabs

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I want Halo 2 for PC.

Much more stuff possible. Duals, both elite and Spartan II

"Banned" RP here

Vincent93
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Master Chief can turn into an Alien in Halo 2.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What?

What do you mean? You can play as both, and the campaign follows both MC and an Elite.

And Sargent Johnson inviciable.

He can survive getting flood infected, toasted in a 10 MILLION degrees oven and being depressurized. Plus about a hundred more that I've forgotten.

"Banned" RP here

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is a possibility that a Halo movie might be made. U see, Microsoft sold the rights of Halo to Paramount Pictures...*Hint hint*

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

theidiot
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Spoiler.

Sargent Johnson has a disease which makes him impervious to becoming a flood. The MC isnt the only survivor of halo. A lone pelican managed to escape. It was carrying i believe 4 people. Each one Was higher then private. Its a bit to late for taking a covenate ship the MC and 4 people did it already inbetween halo and halo2. Sargent Johnson was with those 4 people.

friday-13th
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i hate the flood they stick to your armour and suck your power sheild
ps:doom has defenetly made a movie but not to sure about halo though

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

theidiot wrote:
The MC isnt the only survivor of halo.

WELL DUH!

Sargent Johnson is the black guy you never actually meet ingame until Halo 2, on Cairo Station. And then again in a Covenant Scarab.

"Banned" RP here

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [36 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum