Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:26 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Do you have a suggestion for the forums? Post here!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 5 [248 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject:  Do you have a suggestion for the forums? Post here! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, do you have a suggestion to improve our forums? Post in a reply here and we'll see what we can do. If the suggestion is good enough, it will be applied and you will be properly credited in the announcements Smile.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BIGGER AVATARS!!!!! plz...

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New skins??? Some rules over the index like: No warez! No Drugs (Smile)! No ... !

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh yeah..  got one right here.. upgreade the upload size... 2 mb isnt enough sometimes

ayylmao on Discord

christophski the great
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey at least its better than the 1mb at tumsun.
Yeh some new skins, maybe game related would be great, i would volunteer to make one if someone gave me a template to do it from (so i know the size, names and stuff all the pics)

Major_Gilbear
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New ranks; the current ones don't even make any sense, and seem to be random in terms of "hierarchy".

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No more ranks!

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You could just give everyone a custom rank and let that be the end of it.

Major_Gilbear
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also, I'd like postcounts hidden please: I get the idea that a lot of ppl spam because they want high postcounts.
We then get "Look! I have 1000 posts!!1!" topics made... I mean, as if anyone cares?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm... showtime #Tongue:

Quote:

- No. The size is good enough. Bigger avatars will only disorganize things and make posts take longer to be read.

Quote:
New skins???

- No, the current ones gives us a tremendous ammount of work already, specially when upgrading certain mods used by this forum.

Quote:
Some rules over the index like: No warez! No Drugs (Smile)! No ... !

- Yes. That's a good suggestion that will be implemented as soon as I install the latest version of the hierarchy mod Smile.

Quote:
Oh yeah..  got one right here.. upgreade the upload size... 2 mb isnt enough sometimes

- Ok, I'll raise it to 5 mbs.

Quote:
New ranks; the current ones don't even make any sense, and seem to be random in terms of "hierarchy".

- Current ranks are based on the beta names of Final Dawn units. They will be updated later when the mod is released. Believe me, the hierarchy is not random.

Quote:
No more ranks!

- That would cut down a lot of spam, but no. We all like ranks Wink.

Quote:
You could just give everyone a custom rank and let that be the end of it.

- No, custom ranks are one of our main coins #Tongue. We can't simply give it away.

Quote:
Also, I'd like postcounts hidden please: I get the idea that a lot of ppl spam because they want high postcounts.
We then get "Look! I have 1000 posts!!1!" topics made... I mean, as if anyone cares?

- Yes, that's a good suggestion. I'll implement it in the next days.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee, another sugesstion: the smileies from TumSun.

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DoMoNiC_HuNtEr wrote:

stfu

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol. I wouldn't like bigger avatars as size, in pixels, but I would like bigger avatars as size, in KB.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what about a favorites list?

Nuclear General
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about list that shows you what topics you are watching. That would be good for somethings.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

auto reload on topics, so you dont have to keep reloading your self, that would be usefull if you are doing other things

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now you're getting fastidious. You're asking too much.

Vincent93
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Remove this smilie:
This Thread Is Worthless Without Pictures

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Nuclear General
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no, that smilie rocks lmao. please keep it Banshee!!!!! Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This smilie motivated many people to post screenshots of the resources they posted. Therefore I'm keeping it. But if anyone spams with it will see their post deleted without warning.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Nuclear General
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

YAY, Thanks for keeping that smilie Banshee. Anywho, have you looked over my suggestion Banshee??

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TerroR wrote:

stfu

How 'bout... No

Havoc wrote:

...but I would like bigger avatars as size, in KB.

THAT'S, what I mean. But for pixels, just increase it a little bit. This pic I found is one pixel too big... Ahh never mind. I can't find the pic.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Nuclear General
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DoMoNiC_HuNtEr wrote:
TerroR wrote:

stfu

How 'bout... No

Havoc wrote:

...but I would like bigger avatars as size, in KB.

THAT'S, what I mean. But for pixels, just increase it a little bit. This pic I found is one pixel too big... Ahh never mind. I can't find the pic.

I agree with DoMoNiC_HuNtEr, you should increase the size for Pixels. Some people might like a little bigger avatar. 110 x 110 is just alittle to small. My new avatar, you can barley read lol. Anywho, please increase it just ablit, like 180 x 180, that might be enough for some of us to have a bugger pic.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, infact, if you don't change your avatar to a smaller, I'll remove it and reduce the global size to 90x90.

Remember that some people still have 56k modems and we don't want the screen filled by avatars. Information in a post is much more important than any avatar.

Edit: Now you have to upload your avatar. We really can't have such big avatars like yours (250x250) here.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how did he get to upload 250x250?, i thought 110x110 was the max size

D
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fix the names of some members.

ie. 'Mod_Making_Maniac_2005'. Replace the underscores with spaces, so it does not resize the table.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should ask that to him, not to me. People can change their names themselves in this forum.

Nuclear General
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

D wrote:
Fix the names of some members.

ie. 'Mod_Making_Maniac_2005'. Replace the underscores with spaces, so it does not resize the table.

No, I aint changeing my name D. It aint ur bussiness.

D
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Theres no need for the underscoes, just makes it look stupid, and messes up the forum tables.

Nuclear General
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so wut, its my name. I can change it if I want, but Im not going to.

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, both of you stop, before this topic get's locked for non-sense. MMM2005, I think D want's you to remove the underlines. But wtf? It's you name! Now let's stop getting off topic.

Why not moving these posts to crap?

Nuclear General
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Having Underscores is the same as having Spaces. They take up the same space. But anywho, Havoc is right, lets stop getting off topic.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, really?

Let's see.

"Banned" RP here

mice16
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: Emoticon update please? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here I have some of my own emoticons I've done in the past few days... Could you use them for something banshee??? Question  Question  Question

Emoticon package.PNG
 Description:
blithe,grinning,sleepy,self-satisfied,surprised,awkward,angry,laughing,sneering,cool,happy,hungery,sad,emotionless,and crieing....
 Filesize:  3.1 KB
 Viewed:  38657 Time(s)

Emoticon package.PNG

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They don't seem quite... Smooth and curvacious.

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They don't look...PPMish. :p

mice16
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. They look more 'smooth and curvacious' then the default ones
and 2. What is ppmish anyway?

PS: I asked banshee!

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, they look sharply bumpy.

mice16
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's because if I antialiased it, it would not look right on any other colors, also, the ppm ones are VERY sharp!

[quote="Lt A1br3cht"]Kill it with fire!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not talking about the edge, I'm talking about the shading on it.

Anyways, I have a suggestion, or more of a request. The same changes I ask for at Tumsun [url=http://www.tiberiumsun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4837">here[/url].

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DeathRay @ TumSun wrote:
As you may know, I have requested several features from this forum's admins that are relatively simple to implement.

1. HTML attachments
2. Font face BBCode mod
3. Allowing me the ability to use my signature
4. Troubleshooting forum

1. Very simple, you just change attachments options.
2. You can get the mod here.
3. That includes allowing me enough characters in my signature, and allowing table HTML code (<table>,<tr>,<td>, <th>)
4. Very simple to add.

1. No, for safety reasons. Put them in a zip file instead.
2. Too much work for an almost useless function that will only be useful for spam or offtopic purposes.
3. No, it can screw up the posts below the users that misuse this kind of thing.
4. The forum this post is located at, is already used for troubleshooting. If your trouble isn't PPM related, use the offtopic forums.

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. Safety reasons? These being?
2. It is very useful, especially for the ability to use a font that won't change surrounding characters.
3. I can't quite see how it very big a problem, seeing as signatures can be changed by an admin if there's a problem, and most people won't even try to use it anyways.
4. I mainly meant the Troubleshooting forum for TumSun, where it seems to me that about 1/3 of the posts in General and C&C forums are problems that have been answered many times before.  Its not so bad at PPM.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. Exploits, hacking, etc... I don't wanna open this site for hackers.
2. Useful for what? Post samples.
3. Posts screwed up. I've almost screwed up my last reply... if I hadn't disabled the HTML on it, your reply wouldn't appear.
4. Yea, PPM really doesn't need one.

mice16
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here are some specific cnc emoticons...

Cnc emoticons.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.58 KB
 Viewed:  38621 Time(s)

Cnc emoticons.PNG

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. I understand your concern, but with today's browsers the possibility of a single HTML file doing any damage is absolutely nil.
2. For instance using a fixed-width font allows for putting things like neat ASCII borders and many other such ASCII text that doesn't work correctly when integrated with TrueType fonts.
3. I don't think so, HTML was enabled when I posted that at TumSun and it had no effect whatsoever. My post wouldn't be affected above because tables aren't enabled. Rolling Eyes Regardless, as I already said, who is going to know how to use tables at all if they don't know how to se them properly? Most people barely know how to change the colour of text <i>using</i> BBCode... If they use them improperly you can disallow that user from ever using HTML again in the admin control panel anyways.

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

3. No way, no how. You seem to know the ropes of html so you should know how it could be used maliciously on the forums. It is not worth the hassle at all.

mice16
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Obviously no-one is taking a look at my posts...

[quote="Lt A1br3cht"]Kill it with fire!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If he really wanted some GDI/Nod ones, Banshee would take the ones from Savage War.

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm sure there's a way to make it automatically close, and so the worst possible trouble would be people making it realy big, and I already stated what could be done to them as punishment.

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mice16 wrote:
1. They look more 'smooth and curvacious' then the default ones
and 2. What is ppmish anyway?

PS: I asked banshee!

2. NOD Soldier, GDI Soldiuh, and M00tants...Anyway, they do look good OTOH.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 5 [248 Posts] Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!