Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:29 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Do you have a suggestion for the forums? Post here!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 5 [248 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Godofgamers
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been having the problem as well, for the past month or so. At first, I thought it was due to some problem with my shitty internet services, but that theory just went out of favour.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it still works fine for me. which browser do you use?
I use Opera and the automatic login and "view posts since last visit" works both fine.

or maybe you've changed your security settings on your browser, so it deletes all cookies if you close it.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't get this problem either. I Use Firefox.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, haven't tried it for a while. I'm getting used to logging in this way #Tongue

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a suggestion: it will be good the creators of a poll have the power of delete or modify it, i have a poll but i can't delete it and put a better Sad !

Javier
My Rank Will Never Change

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Making a member profile modifiable (like colors and profile picture). That would be good.

MY MOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!11!!1!!1111!!!11!!!1

MT
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Making the sig limits more visible.

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have one more idea: I see that in the mod announcements that have too many mods of red alert 2, yuri, tiberian sun,etc... and this may get as me, some users can get a little confused and it will help a lot if you create a sub-forum in the red alert 2, yuri, tiberian sun and the generals forum for finished mod and another sub-forum for incomplete mods that when get over will be moved to the finished mods! Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To be honest, at the moment I prefer leaving all mod announcements at one forum, otherwise it gets too cluttered... considering the low amount of mods for the newest games.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In adition to "view posts since last visit", "view your posts" and "view unanswered posts", another one that is "view today's posts would be really nice". It may seem redundant with "since last visit", but I think it would be very handy. (Either wanting to view a recent thread again that you didn't post in, or sometimes I am logged in on the homepage, but it logs me out when I enter the forums, so I lose all of the "since last visit".

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree with DaFool. Revora has that "view Today's active topics" feature that allows users to see active topics of the day.

Quote:
Everybody knows a mod that doesn't update every ten seconds is dead.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would like the ability to see with which Usergroups a member is associated within their profile

MT
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Same as Orac, it will be helpful for the looph- *cough* *cough* *dies*
I mean, because the usergroups list is so cluttered Wink

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: forums Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a suggestion for the forums. Revamp the layout. When you click on a game tag such as Red Alert 2/Yuri have sub topics:

Shps

1) a link to download the Shp creator

Topic Threads
discussion on how to create

Vxl/Hva
1) a link to download the Vxl/Hva creator

Topic Threads
discussion on how to create

AI editing
questions on editing the multi player AI

Single Player Maps
questions on editing or creating of SPM, creating or editing the AI (SPM ONLY)

All INI files
questions on how to edit or create these files

XCC Utilites

1) A link to where these can be downloaded

Topic Threads
question on how to use these

Tutorials

Topic Threads
break each type of tutorial in to its own sub topic

How to create, edit Shps or put them in the game
How to create, edit Vxl/Hva or put them in the game
AI (MP)
Creating sounds
creating tileset
AI (SP)
how to extract files

MODENC

it would be a link to

Terrain Editing

A link to download the Tmp Editor
A link to download the Tmp Builder

Topic Threads
modifying or creating tilesets

Make people put the correct name as the topic, no HELP ME PLZ, or I have a question. Kick or warn those people who are not a little more specific in what they are trying to do.

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There will be too much redundant forums, specially with Voxels/HVAs and SHPs.

MT
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is most of this stuff already on the front page Smile

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I said "In adition to "view posts since last visit", "view your posts" and "view unanswered posts", another one that is "view today's posts would be really nice". It may seem redundant with "since last visit", but I think it would be very handy. (Either wanting to view a recent thread again that you didn't post in, or sometimes I am logged in on the homepage, but it logs me out when I enter the forums, so I lose all of the "since last visit"."

was it ignored or forgotten?

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I want this too, better than banning javier and getting all the newbs to learn oxford english IMO

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lt Albrecht wrote:
I want this too, better than banning javier and getting all the newbs to learn oxford english IMO

If you keep posting stupid ban wishes, you'll be banned before anyone else.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
In addition to "view posts since last visit", "view your posts" and "view unanswered posts", another one that is "view today's posts would be really nice". It may seem redundant with "since last visit", but I think it would be very handy. (Either wanting to view a recent thread again that you didn't post in, or sometimes I am logged in on the homepage, but it logs me out when I enter the forums, so I lose all of the "since last visit

I like this idea. tiberiumweb had one of these, it was very handy

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: forums Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you look at the sub posts they are a clusterfreak of questions. make a sub post of each subject like I posted earlier. And I think the biggest problem is the tutorials or the lack of. reading the MODENC is fine, but some of the explanations are vague. I have found very few single player map tuts that are worth anything.Since Cannis.net is gone, I see my bookmarks for Moonman no longer work there was some help there. 90% of the questions would be gone if there was a good tutorial out there

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No... Rolling Eyes I'm saying I want the view posts today button instead #Tongue

Forget about that, it was a bad attempt at pointing out the stupid things people say without anyone batting an eyelid and the slump in quality this causes.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject: forum Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lt Albrecht wrote:
No... Rolling Eyes I'm saying I want the view posts today button instead #Tongue

that makes sense LT, I agree

Javier
My Rank Will Never Change

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. A new skin for the forum.
2. An editable profile page [like colors]. Also put a visitor message in it too.
3. Lastly, I suggest that this forum should be more friendly on me. I never did anything. Sad

MY MOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!11!!1!!1111!!!11!!!1

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

file upload error messages should be more userfriendly.
If my attachment is too big, it doesn't gives me the error message when it starts uploading, but when it has reached the 5MB limit (what can be after a long time). Also other things like filetypes aren't checked until the upload is almost done.

Simply said, PPM should check the attachment for its validity at the beginning of the upload and not at the end.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

an index of all things important!

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

move fan fiction into game chat.

combine "TS Projects" and "Ra2 Projects" into something like "Spotlighted Porjects" or something.

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee, i have an idea, why not create a section in the offtopic discussion area, a easter egg forum,you know, easter eggs are everywhere, movies, programs, windowns,etc...

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There are no Generals moderators....cough cough

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Easter egg makes no sense in a forum. And yea, Generals might need moderation in a later time. At the moment, it barely has posts to be moderated.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because Generals is pretty ignored around here?

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Something I'd want,customizable avvie description underneath the avvie,same thing Revora has.

Liten
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee, could you fix the "Select Forum" bar so not the entire community can accses the Staff Forum (Only a small part though #Tongue)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Dutchy: I do not ignore it, but a good part of the community really does.

@Deformat: No. Here we have something called Custom Rank which is usually offered as a prize on certain contests.

@Liten: Done.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ Banshee: DaFool and I will discus some stuff about Generals and how to make PPM more 'Generals-friendly'. Just wait and see.

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whats wrong with going to fallout studios for all your generals needs?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We want to support Generals here.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mortecha wrote:
Whats wrong with going to fallout studios for all your generals needs?

Because PPM needs new blood. Generals modders blood to be more exactly. Without it, this place will die out, and that would be a great loss...

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well that would take alot of work in the first place. Firstly we cant just expect people who mod generals to come here just by having the available forum space.

We ourselves have to show initiative to get things started. The higher skilled modders on this forum need to start looking into modelling in 3d if they havn't done so already. On top of this modders need to make a decision and if they want too they should convert their TS and RA2 mods into Generals and cnc3 mods. I think TO will benefit from a move like this alot.

This will ensure a solid base to develope a generals based community from.

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

banshee, why you don't create a spotlight section in the red alert 2 maps, just tiberiun sun have one! Crying or Very sad

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The spotlight for RA2, Generals, C&C3 and RA3 maps exists. I simply haven't used it for pure laziness. Post the link of the maps that deserves a spotlight and I'll check them. Perharps, I can spotlight a couple of them.

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee,i think it's better you ask for Aro that!

Anyway in the other suggestion topic he chooses somes maps that deserves a spotlight!

Liten
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Small Bump!

Another bug, or something you missed Banshee. You can see postcounts by using the "Usergroups" button (Only people in Usergroups though) #Tongue

- geno -
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

an individual who likes to news post a lot... ^__^

and

a little news section in the mainsite for affiliates or some mod announcements for a small mod production...

Fight for the freedom side, March with the Imperial War Machine or Conquest for World Domination
https://www.facebook.com/YRZH.Mod/
https://www.moddb.com/mods/yr-zero-hour

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Liten wrote:
Small Bump!

Another bug, or something you missed Banshee. You can see postcounts by using the "Usergroups" button (Only people in Usergroups though) #Tongue

Shhhh! Quiet back there! #Tongue

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mortecha wrote:
Well that would take alot of work in the first place. Firstly we cant just expect people who mod generals to come here just by having the available forum space.

We ourselves have to show initiative to get things started. The higher skilled modders on this forum need to start looking into modelling in 3d if they havn't done so already. On top of this modders need to make a decision and if they want too they should convert their TS and RA2 mods into Generals and cnc3 mods. I think TO will benefit from a move like this alot.

I damn hope not, TO etc would turn into crap mods in Generals, reasons are so long I aint going to post here.
To be frank if you want generals mods then go to a forums that specalises in them, its obvious most PPM aint interested. Atleast from what I can tell

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Liten wrote:
Small Bump!

Thanks Smile
This problem is gone.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another small bump, but I'm getting really bugged now.
I would like the ability to filter on the Word Game and Word Relay, so that they aren't always on the 'Posts since last visit' screen.
Possible? I hope so!
thanks.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Possible, but not worth the hassle.

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rico wrote:
Mortecha wrote:

I damn hope not, TO etc would turn into crap mods in Generals, reasons are so long I aint going to post here.
To be frank if you want generals mods then go to a forums that specalises in them, its obvious most PPM aint interested. Atleast from what I can tell

Why so quick to judge? Interest takes a while to build and once people see tham modding generals here is an investment the community will sprawl with people who are interested.

I have no grounds for this discussion but no harm will ever come out of giving it a chance:)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 5 [248 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!