Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:39 pm
All times are UTC + 0
sorry if this has been asked before but...
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Heboy
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject:  sorry if this has been asked before but... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i've been trying to figure this out for a long time now. i have finally decided to take it to various forums but i still haven't gotten it to work. i am making a mod for YR that makes the americans a serperate side. i have all the buildings in, the units, planes, etc. all i have left to do is add in a super weapon. before i continue, i would like to note that i have been to the deezire forums, and i have read all the superweapons research threads both at deezire and here. i want to add in the ion cannon. from what i gather, this is a popular request and many people have done it before. i have a few successes, i have the countdown timer working, the cameo icon is there and i can select it, and i have used the TibSunBug action for the cursor. the only thing is that the beam itself won't fire at all. the countdown just starts completely over again. any and all help is greatly appreciated and will be carefully noted in my mods readme file if/when i release it.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

emulation is key.

Heboy
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea, i've been working on that for a little bit but i can't get it to work. i'm pretty sure i got all the weapon stuff right, and i applied the weapon to the battle lab. i also gave the weapon to the engineer as his elite primary, i heard that part was important. is the battle lab unable to have a weapon for some reason? i have given the barracks the grand cannon weapon and it worked out fine. it's weird, i have added weapons before, but now it won't work. anyone got any pointers for adding in weapons?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Buildings must have the HasStupidGuardMode=false line... (not sure of the exact words, but you know what I mean, dont you?)

Heboy
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

alright then, thanks. also, would the ion cannon beam itself be counted as an animation or should i put it as the weapon?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ion beam is the animation of the warhead...

Heboy
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ohhhh, that would explain my huge blue column moving across the screen. so the projectile should be invisiblelow or something and the warhead needs a line that specifies animation?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

weapon should have speed=100 and projectile must be invisible.

D
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol a ion cannon beam moving across the screen, id love to see that

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

reminds die another day... kicks ass #Tongue

Heboy
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it wasn't really that cool. i guess it could have been really cool if i could code it so that my structures/units were immune and it could wipe out everything in its path. that would be nice. but right now i'm looking for a new animation because it isn't working out. the beam just appears from no where and lasts for a sec at most. i would like it to last a little longer than that and have a strike down animation. the one i'm using is argcmdr's and while it is very nice, it's too short IMO. anyone know where a new one is or what i need to make one of my own? also, how do you get the countdown timer to appear in the corner of the screen, if at all possilble? thanks

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We have a set of pictures of the countdown that needs to be resized and also needs to use the anim.pal to work properly. However, I've been too busy to do it and no one else offered help yet,...

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Banshee, can you move this topic to its appropriate forum?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, since it's about superweapons in Ra2, I've moved it here...

Allied773
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dooffy wrote:
lol a ion cannon beam moving across the screen, id love to see that

thats what the particle beam does in Generals.

i have a similar problem with mine but i've made it like a paradrop but i can't find out how to call the seperate plane
(btw i got this idea from the deezire forums and the plane is invisible to eye and radar and it is also non selectable and no art )_

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Tratos
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

not exactly what the one in generals does, that one strikes and lasts a bit longer as it moves around a bit instead of travelling across the map.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon