Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:06 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Ion Cannon...?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Heboy
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject:  Ion Cannon...? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey, sorry but i also posted this in another area before i saw this place. anyways, i know there has been some heated debate within the community on whether the ion cannon can be added or not. what i want to know is:
1. can it be added (not emulated, cuz i know that's possible)?
2. if so, can someone please attach the rules entries and such?

here i will list my successes as i have come close to adding it in. i downloaded the group of files that psycho at the deezire forums posted and have tried to get them to work. i have the icon, the countdown, and the cursor for where i am aiming working. the only thing that doesn't work is the beam itself.

ArgCmdr
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is no way to add the Ion Cannon but replace by now to RA2.

Heboy
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

really? wow, that sucks, guess i'll just emulate it then.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, and we are researching it here... initially for TS, but we will expand the research for RA2 if it works. If you wanna more info about it, check the Superweapon Emulation Researchs topic...

Heboy
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea, i've almost got the emulation complete. i got the weapon working and everything, except the only problem is that the beam doesn't travel the way i want it to. it makes this huge column of blue fly to it's target instead of coming down from the sky. also, i gave the weapon a range of -2 so it would be infinate range. there's a problem though, when i press ctrl to bring up the force fire i can aim anywhere, but the beam only travels a fraction of the way there. anyone know the problem or have any ideas?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you have the charging animation done? If yes, help us sharing it, please...

Heboy
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

alright, my emulated ion cannon works almost perfectly. the beam itself looks really bad since there's no animation of it coming down to earth it only lasts for half a sec if that. does anyone have a longer ion beam animation? also, is there a way to make the timer appear at the bottom of the screen?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just resize the ion beam from TS...

Heboy
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmmm...and that would be done how? also, no i don't have the charging anime done and i also have no idea what you're talking about. by charging anime do you mean the blue "circle" that shows the progress of the weapon being charged?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
by charging anime do you mean the blue "circle" that shows the progress of the weapon being charged?

- Exactly. Yet, it's not necessarily blue, can be green or whatever colour you want...

Quote:
hmmm...and that would be done how?

- Get the ionbeam animation, right click it and select resize. You may need to test several values, but make sure you have a backup of the original picture.

Allied773
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ArgCmdr wrote:
There is no way to add the Ion Cannon but replace by now to RA2.

actually u can ...all u need is to use UN used actions...
goto deezire.net 's forum to find how

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not only actions. You also need new types, otherwise you will have clones of other weapons, but not your own. However, types of superweapons are hard coded and limited.

Allied773
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes i believe that Super weapons are the hardest thing to mod

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey you favourite spy discovered that :

It's a french mod, the webmaster is in my MSN list (i don't know if he talks english to help you) but take a look of the third screenshot, he makes a Ion cannon

http://www.gunyar.freesurf.fr/screenshots.htm

look the third screenshot (he also created a new univers, in space Smile )

I hope that can help you, i can talk with him to ask about your problems, and he will give you the code probably Smile

EDIT: he have also icq

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But you can only change it or make exact clones of it. You can't make your own new targetable sw without any sort of limits... that's my point... modifications of metheor storm into Ion Cannon or Genetic Mutator into Ion Cannon are already old knowledge...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok i speak to the french modder, here is what he says (but he don't remember exactly ...

He changed the sovietique rocket by the ion canon, by add a new code named "CI2" (he be inspired by psychik dom from Yuri)

he cannot explain more because he don't have the time and he have to remember how to ...

But globaly it's an animation with "warhead"

tecnofreak
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think i found a way to add the ion cannon without emulation....i'll tell more later!

Allied773
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well look at he bright side. Generals will have the partical beam. and to me..every high powerd beam is an ion cannon Laughing

Axle R.
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I preordered the game and this one store at the mall is holding on to it for me, until I get paid this weekend, anyone know exactly how much they gave for their copy, oh and uh sorry to disappoint you TF, but all he did was replace the two Psychic Dominator animations with the chrono beam and the old Ring1 anim. almost everybody knows how to do that.

<"Stupid Americans", "SHIT, The Germans are coming", "Viv la Americans" heeeee"

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can do is from genmutor also - just change anim and warhead. there will be no shake, but you will have no need to change colour in every map.

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know for sure but i thought RA2&YR had also the old ts Actions and Types.
Try those, It might work Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

most (if not all) of their logic was removed from RA2YR.. but give it a try...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon