Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:15 am
All times are UTC + 0
AA Infantry for Yuri, need ideas
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
- geno -
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject:  AA Infantry for Yuri, need ideas Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

anything, must be Yuri/psychic related like initiate.fires fire in its head.
or with weapons?

Fight for the freedom side, March with the Imperial War Machine or Conquest for World Domination
https://www.facebook.com/YRZH.Mod/
https://www.moddb.com/mods/yr-zero-hour

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Make brutes weaker and much cheaper, make them the generic Yuri infantry, make the initiate more expensive and let it shoot air.

Vincent93
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree with Jah, the brutes would make cool basic infantry.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
- geno -
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i dont want to get Brute as standard infantry. something new will be cool.

Fight for the freedom side, March with the Imperial War Machine or Conquest for World Domination

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Vincent93
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Make an Anti-air Init.
Or mabye a Yuri Clone, with AA init. flame

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gattaling Trooper. It may not be psychic, but it's got one helluva fire in it's head.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Phatdaddymac99
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i think Gattaling Trooper is the best because it seem like somthing yuri would use. Plus making initiate be AA as well seems a bit lame to me also if you think about it soviets and allies AA infantry are similare to there AA guns eg flak trooper.

Pic and sig made by LazerAce7

DedmanWalkin
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Create a Magnetron Infantry with a very weak vehicle moving mag beam and an AA mag beam, it won't move it just do damage. Afterall, Magnetics can be just as damaging to aircraft as it is to tanks.

\\//,DedmanWalkin

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

but, er... It dosn't damage tanks....
it would screw up the compass on the plane and stuff like that tho #Tongue

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Phatdaddymac99 has a point there. Check this out:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the Command & Conquer: Yuri's Revenge, there's three factions, and each one of the rely on weapons and technologies for offensive and defensive purposes. In this case, we're talkin defense. The Geat Alliance is one of the factions. The Allies specialize in Missiles to take down aircraft. The Allies have one building, one infantry, one vehicle, and one naval unit, that uses missiles to counter-attack aircraft. They are:

Patriot Missile system

Gaurdian G.I. (BTW, can someone tell me what the hell G.I. stands for?)

Infantry Fighting Vehicle

AGIES Cruiser

The Soviet Union (Soviets) is the second faction. They have a system similar to the the Allies, with one exception: Instead of Missiles, they us Flak. Their units and structers are as follow:

Flak Cannon

Flak Trooper

Flak Track

Sea Scorpion

Yuri, the third faction, however, doesn't follow that system. Yuri only has a structer, and a vehicle:

Gatling Tower/Cannon (Can't remember)

Gatling Tank

He lacks an infantry and a naval unit.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, unless U wanna break that logic by adding some weird unit like the Magnetron infantry, I suggest U make a "Gatling Trooper". Description:

Name: Gatling Trooper
Type: Infantry
Tech Level: Low
Prerequisite: Yuri Barracks
Weapon: Single Gatling Cannon
Armor: Heavy
Specializes in: Infantry, Aircraft
Price: Yours to Discover...

Yuri's second basic infantry is the Gatling Trooper. Although not as powerful as the Gatling Tower, and weilding only one gatling gun, the Gattling Trooper is still a serious threat to infantry and aircraft. Plus, it still has the special feature the Gatling Tower had; The faster the gatling weapon spun, the stronger it got.

So... Waddya think Genobreaker? Should U accept? Or should U accept?.......... Or should U........................................ Accept? Hmm. Not much selection there, 'aint there? lol

Vincent93
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Point well made DemonicHunter. Very Happy
Well what he is saying is true, so yes i believe it shoud be a Gattling Trooper.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, but that's so unoriginal. ot's been used in other mods. please, leave Yuri without an AA infantry. EVERY mod seems to add this, and its old.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GI stands for General Infantry, I believe.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Or Gerbil infantry.. Razz

(that wasn't really a serious comment, but still..)

"Banned" RP here

DedmanWalkin
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GI stands for Government Issued, for future reference.

By the logic in Domonic Hunter's post, something like this should occur.

Soviet
Tesla Coil=Big Defense
Tesla Trooper=Radar-Level Troop (Technically not but it should be)

Yuri
Psychic Tower=Big Defense
Psi-Corp Trooper=Radar-Level Troop

Allies
Prism Tower=Big Defense
Prism Trooper=Radar-Level Troop

Now then were is the Prism Trooper? Non-existent, why? Because equivalent units are dumb. Each Unit has to fill a niche specific to itself. You need to variate units so that the game does not become formulaic like above. Get it through your heads, balance does not mean equivalence.

I, myself, don't like the idea of a Yuri AA infantry, but if you are intent on using one then my suggestion is the Magnetron Infantry, probably the only effective means of logical Yuri technological progression, given that gattling guns put out far too much recoil for normal humans to wield effectively.

\\//,DedmanWalkin

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I, myself, don't like the idea of a Yuri AA infantry, but if you are intent on using one then my suggestion is the Magnetron Infantry, probably the only effective means of logical Yuri technological progression, given that gattling guns put out far too much recoil for normal humans to wield effectively.
=================================

AFAIK u just owned yourself cos yuri has brutes which are incredibly strong, so some gene injection would help there.

I agree with you on balance does not mean equivalence but yuri side was rushed badly. The gattling tank is extremely effective and so is the tower but low power, armour render them useless

Also the allies get SEAL instead and also rocketeers as an aerial counter

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
- geno -
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gattling
RPG
Chain Guns
Psychic Jab

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what?
if you on't think that someone could hold he Gattling gun, then make them deploy before they can fire, or something.

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good call, Mr. Pokey. Either that, or Yuri uses an enchanced soldier.

Gatling Trooper, people. Come one! It makes sense! And I've never seen it any mods, and I've played alot of mods. I've heard that it's in one mod, but thats it. Never downloaded it, cause I couldn't find the link.

BTW, thanks for tellin me what GI stands for.......... But, uh, Is Clazzy right, or Deadmanwalking?

DedmanWalkin
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I say, none, but if you MUST have one, use a gattling trooper, only he has to deploy first, like the Repeater trooper in Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds.

Tme to go to sleep, it's 2:15 here.

"Banned" RP here

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, deploying isn't much Micro managing, but still. Plus, deploying is kinda the GI's and GGI's thing.

I'm sorry, Clazzy, but I have to go with Deadmanwalking here... PLEASE!!! DON'T LOCK ME!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Phatdaddymac99
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i think a Gattling tropper that has to deploy to fire is good idea from mr. pokey and well we should decide soon as this topic is getting long for one unit.

Edit:why has no one posted here for ages?

Pic and sig made by LazerAce7

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon