Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:41 am
All times are UTC + 0
Welcome To the Reign of Steel Forum
Moderators: Holy_Master
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [48 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject:  Welcome To the Reign of Steel Forum Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ROS Forum Have been Open!!!!  Very Happy
after this time i'll preview my Ra2yr mod at this. dont ask me when the mod done, because i'm try to finish it fastest possible.
my mod will better if some one can help me to do New Terrain (look like it's fashion now = = )

**if this mod finish, first player is "Ai Coder" who interest to coding ai for me?  Wink

Last edited by Holy_Master on Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I could do the AI coding.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Speeder wrote:
I could do the AI coding.

that good but it must support to use by 4th side you can do?

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I know how does Rock Patch work and afaik, there aren't problems with coding AI for the new sides. I planned adding ones to my mod Mental Omega as well.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For those who haven't seen yet, here's more of Holy Master's work, only GDI buildings far by now:

Conyard, Barracks and Wind Power Plant:

Most of the GDI buildings finished by now:

GDI War Factory:

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy, do you plan any balance tweaks to original sides? Or any new features?

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

some of them already have new texture or redesign, i'll post it again with other new building...

*Edit*
Quote:
Holy, do you plan any balance tweaks to original sides? Or any new features?

i'll add new 1-2 unit for old side too.and i dont want to change it much.
i try to keep it original and new unit must match for that side.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Like a Chrono Prison for the allies? That would be good.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alex05 wrote:
Like a Chrono Prison for the allies? That would be good.

that unit look too cheats IMO,but not so sure.i dont want to see it remove Mammoth Mk.II with 1-2 minute. maybe i'll add tweak like super vahicle unit [cost 3000 with Build Limit 1] and sure "Tech Unit" when capture Tech Building.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Remember, that you can prevent Mammoth MK II from being able to be warped out by Chrono Legionaire or Chrono Prison. So it won't be removed in second #Tongue

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Warpable=no
and the unit cannot be removed using chrono.
And yeah Chrono Prison for 3000$ and build limit of 1 is perfect.
Remember, in the rules.ini, just add "Warpable=no" to a unit and the unit cannot be teleported by the chrono legionnaire or chrono prison. And make SURE that the chrono prison is able to remove a tank in 8-14 seconds but make it so it can't remove buildings.

Basically each side should have a special hero vehicle like GDI's mammoth MK2. It should cost 3000, be very good vs infantry, not be able to be warped out by a chrono legionnare or prison, and have a build limit of 1. Oh, and it should also have very good strenght, but be slow enough. (MMK2 will be very slow like in TS but it will compensate for it's destructive power)

Ideas for hero vehicles:
GDI: MMK2
NOD: a powerful tank wich can go underground and can stealth (not sure about stealth)
CABAL: CORE DEFENDER from last FS mission
ALLIES: Chrono Prison
SOVIET: Siege Crawler  (That giant mech from Mental Omega with different vxl though)
YURI: Seismic tank seen in some YR artwork (was designed for yuri originally not for Soviets)

Natus
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mmmmm I still think a TC would be better instead of adding them to RA2 with RA2s old sides.... Dont like them much tbh, the new NOD and GDI stuff fits better in its own universe (not mixed with other).

Empire Earth: The AI doesn't build their bases in a logical fashion, but has superb offensive and defensive capabilities.
Red Alert 2: The development team was stoned during this part of the programming.

- Geekspeek

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree with Natus.

DedmanWalkin
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can't have a realistic battle between Nod/GDI and the Allies/Soviets because the Allies and the Soviets technology is far inferior to GDI and Nod Technology. Armor Technology has probably advanced quite abit since RA2 to the point that Tank Destroyer Sabot probably bounces off Tick Tanks and Titans. The Old technology of RA2 would do damage but not nearly as much, you would need like several times the Tank Destroyers to be effective. I mean just because the game engine can make them equal does not in fact make them equal. GDI and Nod would wipe the floor with the Allies and the Soviets.

Yuri would stand a chance because his technology is not dependent on firepower, though, his Gattling Cannons would be effectively useless against Orca and Banshee Armor. Psi-Corp Troopers, Psi Towers, Magnetrons, Masterminds, and Initiates would prove effective against GDI and Nod forces.

The only way to balance things is to not include Tiberium, because without Tiberium GDI and Nod Technology would cost several times as much ore.

So, in conclusion, lose the Soviets and Allies. You can keep Yuri though, he is theonly one capable of doing damage to GDI and Nod.

\\//,DedmanWalkin

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hes not doing a compain (as far as I know) and that is what he want to do you guys. Leave him alone! I think its a good idea holy_master because I see where your coming from with it.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i know how will balance with realism.but i'll ask like same. ROS is free Style Mod,i dont care how it balance with c&c Univers anything ROS do is for Fun only make it dont have story or event. and my GDI and nod in ROS not total original.

Side And Ability
Allies---Long Range High Damage Weapon they have Normal Speed but weak armor.

Soviet---Balance Close Combat and Explosive Weapon but slow moving.

Yuri---Less fire power,speed and not much armor but main stategy is mind control and Genetic weapon (control Enemy unit and send back)

GDI---Like Soviet but have more armor and fire power but they attack rate and speed is slower.

Nod---Weakest Armor but fastest moving main stategy is Hit and run,they dont have much fire power for rush unit but they have good base defend
and super weapon.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about CABAL? I'm liking this mod btw. I love those buildings U made. Fantastic!

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DoMoNiC_HuNtEr wrote:
What about CABAL? I'm liking this mod btw. I love those buildings U made. Fantastic!

no plan for cabal yet but i'm sure i'll do Cabal and scrin if i not lazy after finish first version ROS.(but i need to do TSA3 after this before)

HoLY_CoMM@nDo
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

แวะมาทักทายซะหน่อย กับบอร์ดประจำ Project

โพสให้คนใน Forum นี้อ่านไม่ออกซะเลย รู้กันแค่เรากับคนไทยที่ผ่านเข้ามา อิอิ

แล้วบอร์ด TG จะทามงายหือ?

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HoLY_CoMM@nDo wrote:
แวะมาทักทายซะหน่อย กับบอร์ดประจำ Project

โพสให้คนใน Forum นี้อ่านไม่ออกซะเลย รู้กันแค่เรากับคนไทยที่ผ่านเข้ามา อิอิ

แล้วบอร์ด TG จะทามงายหือ?

TG ตอนนี้อย่าว่าแต่คนจะเข้าเลย Stuff ยังไม่มีโผล่มาซักคน = =" เว็บก็เข้ายากมากๆ ตอนนี้ปล่อยๆ ไปให้คนมาท้วงบอกให้โพสก่อนแล้วค่อยกลับไปดู อย่างน้อย TSP6 ตอนนี้ก็มีคนทีมแล้ว 3 คน ^^"

HoLY_CoMM@nDo
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

อืมนะ... งั้นที่ TG ก็โพสเท่าที่มันจะโพสได้ละกัน เพราะว่าล่มมันก็ล่มไม่นานอ่ะ

รู้สึกว่าหมู่นี้ ไม่ใช่แค่ TG นะที่ล่ม เว็บอื่นๆก็ล่มเหมือนกันนะ - -"a แถมล่มเป็นระยะๆ อีกน่ะ

อ้อ... อย่าลืมเปลี่ยนลิงค์ที่อยู่ข้างๆปุ่ม Profile ของนายซะล่ะ ตอนนี้ไม่ใช่ http://www.thaigaming.com/rts แล้วนะ แต่เป็น http://rts.thaigaming.com แทน

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HoLY_CoMM@nDo wrote:
อืมนะ... งั้นที่ TG ก็โพสเท่าที่มันจะโพสได้ละกัน เพราะว่าล่มมันก็ล่มไม่นานอ่ะ

รู้สึกว่าหมู่นี้ ไม่ใช่แค่ TG นะที่ล่ม เว็บอื่นๆก็ล่มเหมือนกันนะ - -"a แถมล่มเป็นระยะๆ อีกน่ะ

อ้อ... อย่าลืมเปลี่ยนลิงค์ที่อยู่ข้างๆปุ่ม Profile ของนายซะล่ะ ตอนนี้ไม่ใช่ http://www.thaigaming.com/rts แล้วนะ แต่เป็น http://rts.thaigaming.com แทน

<---- ทำตั้งแต่เมื่อไหร่ = ="

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok... then..

Confused

"Banned" RP here

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Right #Tongue

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool Buildings!Hows the progress on the mod and what patches will it need Question And what about CABAL-will you include them Question

Just an idea-if you want new music you can use the techno made by tesla7zap for this game.It's very good Smile

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CCCP Gosho wrote:
Cool Buildings!Hows the progress on the mod and what patches will it need Question And what about CABAL-will you include them Question

Just an idea-if you want new music you can use the techno made by tesla7zap for this game.It's very good Smile

thank for comment  Smile .now i have plane only GDI and Nod.[but Nod dont have any cyborg]  Very Happy  and this mod requise PD'Patch to play it.[but i dont know what the lastest version i use when i finish this mod]

GDI have Brute Force.Heavy Armored Armor Balance with Fire Power but their are Very Slow [than Soviet] unit prize is expansive and slow reload rate.

Nod in ROS dont like Original Much.because their dont have any MBT [mean it very hard if you want to pump some unit for rush your enemy]
ok you can rush by Tick tank but other side have better rush unit.but Nod have good longrange weapon Support [Artillery/Atomic Cannon] and Sneak and Stealth unit like Stealth Tank/Subterranien Unit [dont have plan yet] their have Powerful super weapon and base Defense Building.
in this side if unit have fire power that unit dont have armor but if their have armor their dont have fire power. Wink

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm,that sounds cool but I think that Nod is a bit weak.Maybe you can give them good infantry Question

Anyway,your ideas are good.When do you plan to release it Question

mice16
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is a perfectly simple answer to this predicament... GDI and NOD are helping the allies and soviets along technologicly... Mostly in advanced ballistics and armour plating...

[quote="Lt A1br3cht"]Kill it with fire!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Grievous
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nah, that won't make sense. Personally I feel that the tiberian world and the red alert world should never meet.

Here are some reasons:
Hell, the Tiberian world is set 30~40 years into the future, the red alert plot should have long ended.

If red alert was the prequel of tiberian sun, then where's the chronosphere, iron curtian etc. Seeing the effectiveness of these weapons, it wouldn't make sense to halt further use of them.

GDI could have just used the chronosphere to kill Kane/Cabal or destroy the tiberian meteor for that matter.

As for game issues:
The spy satellite of the allies would make Nod's stealth technology useless... Though you could combine the gap generator with it, you have to take it from the allies.

GDI and Nod without ships, but the allies and soviets do? Thats illogical...

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well,I beleive that the RA2 universe was made as an alternitive one,while the Tiberian one is in the future.

mice16
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Excuse me? Red alert 1 was supposed to be a prequel to the popular Command and conquer! Unfortunately, EA games made Westwood create red alert 2, which sort of seperated things... It has already been explained why tiberian sun has no sea units. The firestorm manual states there is a special kind of unharvestable tiberium in the water... The soviets and allies can perfectly well fight with the nod and gdi in a parralel timeline! Or perhaps the gdi risk cronoshifting after it was rendered extremely dangerous by the frequent ion storms, and use it to try to change their past, only to create a  new timeline. Imagine! Nod vs Allies! Gdi vs Soviets! The fun endless, and a storyline right in front of you!

[quote="Lt A1br3cht"]Kill it with fire!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

afaik ts starts in 2015...so in only 10 years #Tongue
whaaaaa we all gona die #Tongue

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

Mighty BOB!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Red Alert 1 is set in the 1950s
Red Alert 2 is set in the 1970s
Tiberian Dawn is set in the 1990s
Tiberian Sun is set in the 2030s (to be specific the official date the fighting of TWII (Tiberian War II) starts on exactly September 2, 2030)

Red Alert 3 would likely be set in the 1980s (between RA2 & TD.  I think it is some sort of alternate timeline that got messed up with the chronosphere because they're all related somehow.)

Tiberian Twilight.  Dunno.  2050-2070 perhaps?

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well in RA3 someone could destroy the chronosphere technology by killing Einstein...

BTW-if you want GDI vs. Soviets/NOD vs Allies try Project Alpha...

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just a tip, dont try Project Alpha, play CNC Reborn. That is one of the best mods I have ever seen, because it makes Tiberian Sun actually have flowing multi-player.

No offense CCCP but many concepts in your mod are not so new or great, and is a beta even available. (end off-topicness)

Grievous
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The best storyline in my opinion is RA1 > TD > TS > TSFS > TT

Allies vs Soviets, Soviets lose, Nod rises, bla bla bla...

RA2's storyline is crap and the atmosphere doesn't seem to be able to convert to TD.

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
No offense CCCP but many concepts in your mod are not so new or great, and is a beta even available. (end off-topicness)

Yeah,but you get 12 factions,each of them unique with many new units campaigns etc.But you are right-my example was wrong-PA only has alphas, while C&C Reloaded is finished.

RA2's story is great as it includes the RA1 story...

Mighty BOB!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

>_>

<_<

ROTS is teh roxxorz, but what is up?  No posts since early December..

warlock
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

one thing this mod are created for C&C YR or work in RA2 too?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail YouTube User URL Skype Account AIM Address
Nology5890
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stop necroposting. Some of the powers-that-be don't like that.

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Welcome To the Reign of The Steel Forum Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy_Master wrote:
ROS Forum Have been Open!!!! Very Happy
after this time i'll preview my Ra2yr mod at this. dont ask me when the mod done, because i'm try to finish it fastest possible.
my mod will better if some one can help me to do New Terrain (look like it's fashion now = = )

**if this mod finish, first player is "Ai Coder" who interest to coding ai for me? Wink

and Nology is pretty much right about
Nology5890 wrote:
necroposting.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ignore him, he's just trying to gain attention, like Doodle. I'll PM Banshee right now to adress this issue. Thank you for your time.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

His english skills seems to be a bit limited, since it's not his native language.

For everyone, read:
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5639

Warlock,
Evite postar num tópico antigo se você não tem nada de importante à acrescentar nele. Esse tipo de atitude irrita muita gente.

English translation wrote:
Please, avoid posting in an old topic if you have nothing important to add to it. This kind of attitude irritates a lot of people.

KORHAL
GDI Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That looks Awesome ! ! !

Can any one help my by my MOD?

I Can't made new Buildings, i do not known why! #Crazy
What ever i doo, i can't show the Buildings in C&CRa2

I want put the Buildings from Tibsun in to RA2

And i can't find a great tutorial of this
You have made new buildings for you MOD can you help me?

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First: welcome to PPM
Second: major bump, plz don't do that
Third: I dunno what Holy_Master thinks of it, but I don't think you may use his assets in your mod Wink

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Darn, we've been getting LOTs of...n-posts lately.

As dutchy said:

First: welcome to PPM

Second: major bump, plz don't do that

So...

Visited http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1067 ?

Request a conversion tutorial there.

Or else:

(Go to C&C Reborn's forum and find out how.)

Where's dut- oh he's here #Tongue Mind if crappy...?

KORHAL
GDI Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Dutchygamer
to first: THX
to second: What is a "major bump" ??? (I m German my Englisch is realy not the best!)
to Third: i dont want stell something! I want made my own sprites!

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A bump is when you post in a topic that is rather old. In this case, this topic was 1.5 years old. I don't care that much, but some people don't really like it, and will act bad Wink
Also, now I re-read your post, you mean something like: "Holy_master, can you help me with creating shp's?" Am I right?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [48 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon