Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:38 am
All times are UTC + 0
Auto fire
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:48 pm    Post subject:  Auto fire Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok well I have a map called nature's wraith and it hoard's you with a ton of animal's that attack your infantry. I was wondering if it's possible to make my unit's auto fire on civilian's like they do on enemy unit's that get to close.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Tratos
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes there should be, check the rules entries for all the civilians, they will have lines like
Code:
LegalTarget=no/false

You should change it to yes/true and units will fire at them.

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Monkey's and I beleive all animal's/civilian unit's have that. And that code is just to make it targetable, not auto fired on.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Tratos
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok, then also look for other lines of code such as
Code:
Insignificant=yes
and make it no. If you can hold on one sec and i'll dig out my rules.ini and take a look through.

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ya no prob I just hae having these hoards of onkey's -rex's, brute's, and hose little spider drone's eating my infanry and me havening to target them myself.

All hail me

ArgCmdr
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They wont auto target cause house is MultiplayPassive=yes
If you remove that tag, you will end up crashing the game sooner or later.

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh so basically I can never auto fire on civilian

All hail me

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what would happen if you changed all the rules.ini codes from
Code:
Civilian=yes
to
Code:
civilian=no
and changed the category's from
Code:
category=civilian
to
Code:
category=soldier

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

category does nothing now: was for ai when the ai used ai-generals

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

not only that... I remember, in TS (1.0Cool, that when I changed the category AirPower to AirTransport in an aircraft with passengers, it worked perfectly as air transport. So, one of the functions of it might be the generals stuff, but there might be other stuff related to it...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seems logical it's just let the GAME know what kind of unit it is and thus the ai generals knew it too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon