Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 am
All times are UTC + 0
Storyline Changes for Sake of Realism
Moderators: Dragon Stein Cole
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
geekspeek
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:26 am    Post subject:  Storyline Changes for Sake of Realism Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okey-dokey, the title says it all.

First, this mod is set several million years in the past, on the Scrin homeworld.  The Scrin have yet to develop interstellar travel, and a new element has been created as a result of faster-than-light travel research.  This element mutated the local plant and animal life, creating the ecosystem that spawned Tiberium.  However, this ecosystem is horribly toxic to most Scrin.  The New Tiberia Age faction are using advanced genetics to force an evolutionary change so they can coexist with this ecosystem.  In the Tiberian storyline, they assume planetary dominance and they are the ones that launch the Tiberium meteor and all of that other crap the Scrin do.  The Evolution are driven off-planet, and found many hundreds of isolated colonies throughout the stars (this will feature in one of my later mods).  The deGeneration are wiped out.  Of course, you can change this outcome when I do the single player campaign.  I'll flesh this out in the morning, but until then, hope you like what I've done so far.

This mod is dead!
Ackron wrote:
It would be good if it was better.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No spelling mistakes. Good. I've always been interested in mods dealing with the Scrin. BTW, will this mod require FS?

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

geekspeek
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No.  And I don't have time to add to storyline now, will wait till evening.

This mod is dead!
Ackron wrote:

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool story.I'm working on a story of mine.when it's done,I'll post it here.

Vincent93
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I assume CCP you meen on PPM not on his forums.
Good looking story...i have an idea for EA they need to make Tiberian Begining that should be something like yours.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
geekspeek
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanky.  Here's Dragon Stein Cole's original storyline, which I'll heavily modify of course.

The mod is based on the planet that Tiberium originated from. That planet has been completely mutated, and the three sides all live, no, survive in that environment.

The most technologically advanced inhabitants, dubbed the Evolution, have taken to the skies in a bid to escape the Tiberium poisoning. Small but numerous cities are built high into the sky on supports, and are all interconnected, and this way they have been able to flourish and grow in numbers. Their researchers are the most intellectually gifted people on the planet, and have allowed the Evolution to adapt to living away from the Tiberium. Therefore, they have highly developed aerial forces and advanced hover and walker abilities.
The only Evolution inhabitants on the planet's surface are the Evolution Tiberia Mining Corp, and the Evo Army. This company provides the Cities with all of their money, so are the most powerful entity in their society.
The Evo Army is comprised of the Evolution's convicted criminals, as the Evolution have an extremely negative view on those wishing to cause destruction of property!

There are some inhabitants, however, who were either rejected to make the move into the skies, or were unable to move when the Evolution relocated. They have given themselves the nickname 'deGeneration' and have been badly mutated by the Tiberium. Although unrecognisable now, the deGeneration was formerly comprised of former prisoners, many civilians and deserters from the Evo Army. The mutations have had different effects on them all. Some of them have had enhancing effects, such as increased speed and agility, but all of their health levels have declined rapidly. Their army is comprised of 'old technologies’ that the Evolution abandoned and deemed obsolete. An 'old world' army, so to speak. Their main efforts concern the destruction of various Evolution Tiberia Mining Corp sites, and each attack has resulted in brutal military strikes by the Evo Army. But with the degeneration's recent unearthing of several 'alien technologies', the tide may soon turn.

The Evolution and deGeneration have a common enemy though: the New Tiberia Age. They are considered a terrorist group in the evolution society, and are considered to be a dangerous threat to the whole deGeneration race. The NTA is the result of numerous soldiers and Evolution inhabitants, who became disgruntled with the Evolution's superior and monopolistic control of people. Determined to bring a new way to the Evolution control system, and have the tools to do so.

geekspeek addition #1: The NTA will not be branch of Evolution
geekspeek addition #2: explanation of Tiberium and so-called "alien technologies"
will add more additions later

This mod is dead!
Ackron wrote:

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mmm,I think you geekspeek should make the story-you have two excellent ideas!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon