Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:35 am
All times are UTC + 0
PPM: Final Dawn Jobs!
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 5 of 6 [271 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

we have enuff coers iirc

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, coding is no problem. Graphics is our major need.

rogue4567
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hellooooooooooo
I said I can do grafics

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good. I bunch of people said that as well. Do you have any demo of your work?

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

rogue4567
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes
I have a pic of somthing that I did for a compition
I only have a pic of the half done one tho

screenieof robot.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  41.81 KB
 Viewed:  38947 Time(s)

screenieof robot.JPG

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A mech with nose gattling cannon. Very Happy

You plan to add arms?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
rogue4567
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kravvitz wrote:
A mech with nose gattling cannon. Very Happy

You plan to add arms?
It isn't a gatling gun it's a cannon and yes there is arms it's just an old screenie

rogue4567
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

newer better pic

robo screenie done.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  20.48 KB
 Viewed:  38922 Time(s)

robo screenie done.JPG

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool stuff, although it's too round.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

rogue4567
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know I wa just drawing circles when I made that one

nameme99
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

helo i can help with lots of things mostly maping and wepons making lol
but any ways im here 2 help

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
nameme99
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

here i just made this vlx it's my first but its cool

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks a bit plain, isnt it?

nameme99
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea it is but it's my first Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad
im working on more though lolbut u know the hunter seaker droid why not a hunter seaker misse i have the vlx now i just have 2 make screen shots lol

nameme99
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

errr here u go

this is what it would look like on ts i think lol

and this is just some more pics i made of this hunter seaker missle i guss lol or a cruse missle

nameme99
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

(if im spaming im sry) here is 1 more its a av-8b harrier allot better than the ra 2 1 well..................not yet lol
im making it in diffrent paint sceams

christophski the great
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that need a WHOLE lot more detail man.

nameme99
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

christophski the great wrote:
that need a WHOLE lot more detail man.
lol as i said i just made the frame i will work on the camo later.

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

try to make normals next time...

nameme99
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Big Jah wrote:
try to make normals next time...

lol what the heck are normals? Laughing

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Normals tell the game how to light the unit. There are autonormals options in most Voxel Editors, but doing it yourself provides the best results.

nameme99
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DeathRay2K wrote:
Normals tell the game how to light the unit. There are autonormals options in most Voxel Editors, but doing it yourself provides the best results.
lol ok i will ty

Equiredox
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Guys,
I am interested in joining a MOD team. I don't know how far into development you guys are but I am sure I could be of some benifit to you.

My current skillset that may be of interest to you:
-> Programming skills include Java (inc. Java3D API), Visual Basic 6.0 (inc. Winsock, GDI, and Direct X 8.1 or lower APIs and many others), Visual Basic .Net 2003 (Direct X 9a,b and c) and Visual C# and ANSI C. I have had come experience with C++, and I can learn very quickly, just have not found a need to learn it fully. I have in depth knowledge of the Direct X SDK(low level) and Java 3D(high level) APIs, I could migrate this knowledge to OpenGL if need be, it works in a similair way. I am very fluenet with the workings of Direct 3D (and 3D in general) from 8.0 through to the summer release of 9C. I am always open to learning!
-> General knowlege of whats happing in the gaming industry such as Microsoft XNA and latest shader techniques.
-> I have used 3D Studio Max 3 through to 6, I am quite fluent in their workings. I have played around with character studio and using its modifiers to create bones meshes for use in games. I also have experience in using truespace, a cheaper 3D dev program.
-> I can do anything you ask in Photoshop 4 to CS, or Microsoft Digital Image Pro 10.
-> I have had much experience programming for games, not nessesarily developing mods,but moreso using a direct approach via using low level APIs such as Direct X. Aspects include physics, network gaming, 3D rendering, menus, animation and HUDS, RT sound effects.

To give you a feel of my background, motives for wanting to join:
-> When I recieved my first computer in 1995, being a P1 @ 100MHz, I have always been interested in gaming. To me, a game is like a book or movie but you get to live out/experience the events. The first game I bought with my own money (took me ages to save up) was C&C for $44.95 AUD.
-> I started high school, it took me about 2 years to find out what my interests were in regards to what I wanted to do when I left school.
-> I went to a place called Qantm located in Brisbane while I was in high school, it is an institute that conducts courses realated to multimedia and interactive entertainment. They had a open day to let high school students get a taste of what game-dev is like. I did not like it, everybody that wanted to become a game's programmer, including the instructors, did not seem to respect the advantages of academic training or "bettering one self" in such fields as mathematics or physics to develop better methods/algorithms- i.e. ANTIEntrepreneurs
. They were cocky and ignorant. They also laughed at my stance on VB programming.
-> I found other intrests in mathematics and science, apart from IT. I did exceptionally well in my final years of high school, having achieve. I also got in the paper.
see:
http://www.newsphotos.com.au/ImageDetail.asp?RefNum=14316749
I look a bit freaky in that photo.
-> I enrolled in the university of queensland to study Engineering and Science, majoring in Software and Physics. (beginning of 2004)

I have tried several times to get a group of people together to establish a game dev team. However the team became unstable and broke up. Usually because they did not share the same passion for games I did or the tasks were too difficult for them to achieve. I have now turned to joining a team that has been already established to offer my services.

If you are interested in letting me join up, please send me an email to:
s4075214@student.uq.edu.au
I can give you some sample work or any other xtra info u require.

I have a motto, "That knowledge is a tool used in order to derive a solution, it is not the solution in itself." - One may know many things and think that they are the best, but only the solutions/results count in the end. This may give you an idea of my "work ethic".

Kind Regards,
Jonathan Leete

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow. Well, let's start at the top. What C&C mods edit is not anything that your programming skills would be useful for, but they certainly may come in handy.

That's always good.

Now this is important. This is good, but can we see an example of your work?

Excellent. 2D art is quite important in mods. Again, an example would be helpful.

That's good.

As a side note, do you have any programming experience related to video, or video encoding?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
-> I have used 3D Studio Max 3 through to 6, I am quite fluent in their workings. I have played around with character studio and using its modifiers to create bones meshes for use in games. I also have experience in using truespace, a cheaper 3D dev program.
-> I can do anything you ask in Photoshop 4 to CS, or Microsoft Digital Image Pro 10.

This is the kind of thing we are needing. Can you show any sample of your photoshop and 3ds max job?

Octotorpe
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can build voxels and enginering new units.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You need to give examples

Octotorpe
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can sand it only by e-mail. Sad

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can upload them here.

Octotorpe
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know, that's  the problem, but I can't send nothing here. If your give me e-mail adress, I send *.bmp and *.gif . If you like it, I send *.vxl too.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can use the attachments. And don't attach .bmp files. Attach .jpg instead.

Octotorpe
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

May be it is work.

Octotorpe.gif
 Description:
My first work.
 Filesize:  358.78 KB
 Viewed:  38516 Time(s)

Octotorpe.gif

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The design is quite nice, but give it some texture and maybe some normals.

Octotorpe
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know this programm good.(Voxel Section Editor II) I wasn't read manual and don't understend any things.
P.S. English is not my native langvich.

Octotorpe
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do anyone need this original *vxl ?

Dropship#.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  436.81 KB
 Viewed:  38494 Time(s)

Dropship#.gif

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For the record, you should not have hollow voxels, it can mess them up.

Octotorpe
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My second work.

Octotorpe2.gif
 Description:
...1h. work (-:
 Filesize:  374.36 KB
 Viewed:  38463 Time(s)

Octotorpe2.gif

Octotorpe2.jpg
 Description:
...by first time
 Filesize:  96.5 KB
 Viewed:  38463 Time(s)

Octotorpe2.jpg

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They're nice, but try VXLSE3. It's way better than II and easier to use.

Octotorpe
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Where i can find it?

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

erm #Tongue on this site, try looking around Wink

SniperGrunt
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"The high and lofty, they see me as weak, cause I won't live and die for the power they seek"

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's a good sample for the kind of voxel we'll need for cyborgs...

I'll check this small tie.vxl after my thrusday's test.

SniperGrunt
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh the small tie... Embarassed

it was just ajoke Rolling Eyes  
i was kinda getting back at TDAlkov  
its almost exactly 4 times smaller than origional but looks like crap
Very Happy  Very Happy

Just tell me what u want me to make,or preferably send me a pic.
and tell dimentions/bounds/whatever they're called, as you can tell
i kinda went overboard on the tie's size.:
TDAlkov wrote:
Yea, Just make it a bit smaller, I mean...Its just freakin HUGE! O_o

GDI Soldier> What the *Bleep* is that?!

GDI Officer> *Peers at a BIG flying object coming* I do believe thats a...What the ****l?! *Bombed with the soldier*

Anyway... Make it oh...3, maybe 4 times smaller, and lets see how it looks then, maybe it will look a bit better.

Laughing

EDIT: I have a new hva file that makes the big tie half as big but
        should have the same detail. And banshee? I cant help if
        you dont tell me what to make.

"The high and lofty, they see me as weak, cause I won't live and die for the power they seek"

DrThunder
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:12 am    Post subject: Tester Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey I dunno if you need one but I can beta test for you guys if needed. I am avalibale almost 24/7

you can contact me at surge@charter.net please put not spam before title

NaZGuLiK
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi I work in rules,ai.ini   Smile

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Final Dawn are covered for coding I think, if you can work with shps or voxels, and most likely other things like 3d moddeling progframmes then you would be a help to Final Dawn.

Ferren
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello!

My name is Fredrik Eriksson, Im from Sweden and 21 years old.
Im a very good sounddesigner, Im on my third year of study of Sounddesign and Radioproductions. Been working in the early days on mods for Starcraft, to bad tho that they never got finished before people started to do otherthing.

I don't know how I can show you my work, but are you intressted so just PM me for what you want to hear.

MAINJOB: SoundDesigner / Music Producer

//Fredrik "Ferren" Eriksson

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sound? Post a song or a sound you've done here. mp3 files accepted.

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DeathRay2K wrote:
For the record, you should not have hollow voxels, it can mess them up.

i always make em hollow but i dont get any probs with it

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, PPMs own mod is dead

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 5 of 6 [271 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon