Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:33 am
All times are UTC + 0
Perimeter
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject:  Perimeter Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have just got one word to say:

Wow  Surprised

This game is so fun! (Even though it's been out a few days).. the campaign is like watching a movie Very Happy and the graphics are equal/surpass final fantasy (the movie) for the cutscenes.

The storyline is so immersive and the music is just fantastic.. I can understand how this got 90%.

Thing is, this game is a true balanced game with an interesting concept. The storyline comprises of 3 sides.

The Exodus,
The Harkbackhood,
The Empire.

What happens is Earth, being chaotic and destroying itself, gets a visit from their creators, the Spirits (like the creators of us, they are aliens). They start to preach of a new world, just like Earth, and these promises are too great for some.

So, the Exodus was formed and allied with the Spirits to find a new home, and left Earth behind in "frames". These are huge ships and colonies (each one is different Wink). Basically, there is a chain right.. it's kinda complex so I'm going to try to make it easier to understand.

You have a massive chain of "worlds" made by the thoughts (subconcious or otherwise) of the people on the colony ships. These shape the land, but their nightmares spawn into creatures called the Scourge (which are big bugs you have to fight). The worlds are wholly flat (not spherical) with lots of detailed features, and should something come off the edge of the world it gets blown up, so as such they are dubbed "sponge worlds". You leave by using Alpha/Omega portals.

Centuries through the chain, one Exodus frame questioned the Exodus, and after debate, left to form the Harkbackhood. They wanted to go back to Earth while the Exodus wants to continue. Then, all of a sudden from nowhere, one frame goes crazy with an Emperor", and he brings LOTS of technologies and takes over a lot of frames.

I'm on the level where the Empire has announced he knows about Earth.. Noooooo... must... play.... no.... must sleep... no...... Laughing (I'm tired).

But anyways this concept is really great, and very fun. Anyone who has this game please let me know so I can play online with you dudes.. becuase the dumb idiots chose gamespy didn't they for server hosting  Sad  (which is a crud up if you ask me, you host your own servers, nobody uses gamespy...).

Soooo discuss Smile

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Used to have it, tried, couldn't understand the control system or any other part of it for that matter. Took it back the next day. Bought a candy apple instead Smile

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tratos wrote:
Used to have it, tried, couldn't understand the control system or any other part of it for that matter. Took it back the next day. Bought a candy apple instead Smile

Rolling Eyes

It's so easy...

You have Brigadiers which release nanobots which terraform the land. Energy Cores are your money makers which you use to make tech and new units. (Using Q button to terraform).

Buildmasters release energy blobs which build the desired structure, and these energy blobs can be shot at to prevent abuse.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I played the demo of this and thought it was fantastic and innovative. Went to buy it and couldn't find it. People at the shop said it didn't exist and it has never been in stock on the internet where I've checked. Perhaps it'll be in stock one day and I'll finally get it.

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.co.uk%2Fws%2F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=perimeter&category0=

Ebay is the way Wink Perimeter is going something like £2.00

Could try GAME.. it's out of stock but it says "order" so you can send your e-mail so they'll inform you when it's in stock.. (which could take forever.. I'd try ebay)

http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=10405&mid=322996

I like the Empire theme song.. If you got quick time go to this link if you have Quicktime or want to download it.

http://download.kdlab.com/music/Phobia.mp3

Harkback one is really good too:

http://download.kdlab.com/music/Harkbackhood_Psychosphere.mp3

Oh yes and Destination.. but you can find that one on the site ^_^

http://www.kdlab.com/music/music.php also take a look at others Smile

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i owned it for a bit, i didnt like it much.

geekspeek
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if it even resembles an RTS and it's not B&W I'll buy it.

This mod is dead!
Ackron wrote:
It would be good if it was better.

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not even remoteley close to B&W, and it is an RTS.. hence "Real Time Strategy Reborn".

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum