:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Do you want to advertise at Project Perfect Mod. Find out how to do it HERE.

The time now is Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:36 pm
All times are UTC + 0
 Forum index » Other Projects » Inactive Projects » Fallout Wars: A Post Apocalyptic RTS Game
major slowdown
Moderators: Fallout Wars Moderators, IVI
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
IVI
Commander


Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Location: Feilubin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject:  major slowdown Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry for the lack of updates this past few weeks. I was kind of expecting the worst to happen any time now... and it did: my PC crashed.

My PC had always been a lemon, and I spend alot of energy just getting it to work smoothly

I was ready for it though, so I was able to save my work, not a pixel of my owrk was totally lost, but my workstation's gone and with it all my programs and settings. I've succeeded in repairing the crtical part (such as having it boot), but so far.... it's acting up quite a bit, and I always lose the utilities and progress through countless reformats and reinstalling windows XP.

so, that's why I haven't been able to post much but I hope I'll be able to fix it completely soon.

to those who are interested in this mod (if any), rest assured that I'm eager to make this goal precipitate into a good mod, and am not planning on putting this on hold and just not working on it ever again. Smile. once I get everything in order again, I'll be posting some more
_________________
"War.... war never changes....."

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oshog
General


Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Poor, poor IVI. I wish you get back on track soon, as I miss your work really badly.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Team Black
Defense Minister


Joined: 25 Sep 2006
Location: Teamblackistan Posts: Over 9000

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

good to know your stuff was backed up.
That would've been a sour loss, all that work you've done
_________________
The Fall of Hammerfest - Epic Tiberian chain story

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IVI
Commander


Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Location: Feilubin

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it seems I'll have to buy a new PC, I can't get anything done and 3dcanvas wont work anymore... makes the damn thing crash. my PC's fucked up and Im sick and tired of repairing it. Mad

all I've been able to do in my spare time is make a few new civie buildings (pix coming soon) because Photoshop and MS paint dont make the system unstable (almost every other utility does including VSXLE III). Mad Mad Mad
_________________
"War.... war never changes....."

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Judeau
Commander


Joined: 28 Feb 2004

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IVI wrote:
it seems I'll have to buy a new PC, I can't get anything done and 3dcanvas wont work anymore... makes the damn thing crash. my PC's fucked up and Im sick and tired of repairing it. Mad

all I've been able to do in my spare time is make a few new civie buildings (pix coming soon) because Photoshop and MS paint dont make the system unstable (almost every other utility does including VSXLE III). Mad Mad Mad


either a new PC or a video card, because it sounds like 3d programs make it crash
_________________
Micro TS
Portable, no campaign, movies or music, just the engine and needed resources for skirmish and lan.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account
DragonFly
Cyborg Soldier


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Location: England

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seeing as that was over a month ago i'm thinking hes either fixed it or got a new pc already.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Skype Account
IVI
Commander


Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Location: Feilubin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hello people, I apologize for the lack of updates, but atm, I am PC-less. Yes, my old PC is utterly useless, everything about it is scrap plastic and metal now. Worse, I have to work and study at the same time this sem so I also have less time to spend on my gaming hobbies (which take considerably more time than my other activities); including modding.

However If anyone thinks that this mod will die, I can assure you that I wont let that happen. I just have to start earning more and saving more so that I can buy a brand new PC. And when my schedule lets me breathe a little easier, I'll have more time for modding.

that's all for now.
_________________
"War.... war never changes....."

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Judeau
Commander


Joined: 28 Feb 2004

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DragonFly wrote:
Seeing as that was over a month ago i'm thinking hes either fixed it or got a new pc already.


heh, point taken, didn't look at the date

IVI wrote:

hello people, I apologize for the lack of updates, but atm, I am PC-less. Yes, my old PC is utterly useless, everything about it is scrap plastic and metal now. Worse, I have to work and study at the same time this sem so I also have less time to spend on my gaming hobbies (which take considerably more time than my other activities); including modding.

However If anyone thinks that this mod will die, I can assure you that I wont let that happen. I just have to start earning more and saving more so that I can buy a brand new PC. And when my schedule lets me breathe a little easier, I'll have more time for modding.

that's all for now.


ah, wondrous work and study , i'm rather in the same boat right now
_________________
Micro TS
Portable, no campaign, movies or music, just the engine and needed resources for skirmish and lan.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Other Projects » Inactive Projects » Fallout Wars: A Post Apocalyptic RTS Game
Jump to:  
Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group

[ Time: 0.1412s ][ Queries: 11 (0.0078s) ][ Debug on ]