The time now is Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:19 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Joined: 10 Sep 2006
|Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:18 pm Post subject:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Subject description: Read this before you post any reports or ask any questions!
Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.)
Table of Contents
- What is Twisted Insurrection?
- How do I install Twisted Insurrection?
- Do I need Tiberian Sun to play Twisted Insurrection?
- Can I play Twisted Insurrection online?
- Where can I keep track of Twisted Insurrection?
- Where can I report bugs and share feedback?
- Why does the game freeze after I save?
- Why are Harvesters and some of the units invisible?
- What's ReShade and how do I use it?
- Will you add tabs and/or other modern features to the sidebar?
- Will GloboTech become a playable faction?
- Will we see the addition of CABAL or the Scrin?
- Have you considered porting over to OpenRA?
- Can I use your assets in my own mod?
- Why is any new tech cut-off once there are 74 cameos in the sidebar?
- Will individual missions be selectable again in future releases?
1. What is Twisted Insurrection?
Twisted Insurrection (TI) is a critically acclaimed, standalone modification of
Command & Conquer™ Tiberian Sun™. It features a complete redesign of the
original game, set in an alternate what-if? timeline where the
Brotherhood of Nod was victorious during the first Tiberian War.
Read the full storyline here.
Along with the total overhaul of the original game's visuals, sound effects, and
packing an all-new original soundtrack (featuring Frank Klepacki),
Twisted Insurrection gives you an entirely new arsenal of forces to command in
massive single- and multiplayer battles. Choose between the old rivals GDI and
Nod, or pledge your allegiance to the futuristic GloboTech or the elusive
Forsaken. Play over 50 brand new solo and co-op missions, covert operations,
re-imagined Tiberian Dawn missions and more. Customize your game experience by
choosing from dozens of game modes and options.
2. How do I install Twisted Insurrection?
Installation is very simple. Just follow these three steps:
- Download the mod from our official Mod DB site
- Extract the .zip package to an empty directory*
- Run TwistedInsurrection.exe
Pro tip: Twisted Insurrection uses an intermediary client app through which you
can configure, set up and start the game. If you already have TI version 0.39 or
later installed, you can update the mod via the update notification on the
*Twisted Insurrection is standalone, therefore it does NOT require Tiberian Sun
to be installed. Attempting to install Twisted Insurrection on top of Tiberian
Sun will NOT work.
3. Do I need Tiberian Sun to play Twisted Insurrection?
No. Twisted Insurrection is standalone and runs by itself. You do not
need Tiberian Sun or any other Command & Conquer game installed to play
Twisted Insurrection. See the above warning.
4. Can I play Twisted Insurrection online?
Yes. Twisted Insurrection uses CnCNet which makes online play a breeze. First,
make sure you are connected to the internet, then click the CnCNet button on the
client main menu. Log in with your prefered username, and you will be sent to
the Twisted Insurrection multiplayer lobby. There you can host and join games
and chat with friends. You can also visit other CnCNet games' lobbies.
If you encounter any problems with CnCNet, seek help from the support channels
on their website.
5. Where can I keep track of Twisted Insurrection?
Here's a list of all our official channels:
6. Where can I report bugs and share feedback?
We are always looking to improve the quality of Twisted Insurrection and squash
any bugs that are left crawling around. If you have come across any issues or
see anything that could be improved, please head over to one of our support
channels and let us know as soon as you can:
Note: Please keep in mind that, as Twisted Insurrection is not a finished
product, there may be a few placeholder relics from Tiberian Sun. These will be
replaced in due time, but until then, please do not report placeholder graphics.
7. Why does the game freeze after I save?
The game hasn't actually frozen, it's a rendering issue which causes the menu to
become invisible. This is caused by an incompatible renderer. Exit the game,
go to the client settings, and on the display tab, select a different renderer.
The best renderer depends on your system setup, but CnC-DDraw and TS-DDraw
support most modern systems.
8. Why are Harvesters and some of the units invisible?
This happens if you've installed Twisted Insurrection on your Tiberian Sun
directory. TI is standalone, meaning you must install it on an empty folder.
See Question #2 for more information.
9. What's ReShade and how do I use it?
ReShade is a post-processing visual effects utility that lets you modify and
improve the game's visuals in real-time. You can tweak colors, lighting and
apply various pre-defined visual effects (shaders) such as bloom and light rays.
To use ReShade in Twisted Insurrection, follow these steps:
- Download ReShade from their website
- Install the Direct3D and/or OpenGL libraries
- In the TI client settings, select either the CnC-DDraw or TS-DDraw renderer
- Once you're in-game, use the Home key to open the ReShade menu and run the tutorial
10. Will you add tabs and/or other modern features to the sidebar?
Unfortunately the sidebar is one of the TS engine's many hardcoded limitations.
Unless someone figures out how to reverse-engineer the sidebar, we have no way
to change it.
11. Will GloboTech become a playable faction?
Time will tell. We have definitely noted the popularity of this request.
However, such a major change will not be easy, as GloboTech was not
originally intended to be a playable faction. Their purpose was to spice up the
campaign and skirmish maps, acting as valuable points of interest for players to
compete over. As such, changing them to a playable side will require drastic
changes to their arsenal, as well as maps that have those assets as capturables.
12. Will we see the addition of CABAL or the Scrin?
In this alternate timeline, CABAL evolved via a slightly different path. The
smug AI is still the Nod equivalent to GDI's EVA, but not as independent as in
Firestorm. As for the Scrin, it is unlikely they will make a direct appearance.
13. Have you considered porting over to OpenRA?
So much time and effort has gone into building TI on the TS engine, it's
unlikely that we'll start over on unfamiliar grounds. At least not in the
14. Can I use your assets in my own mod?
Generally no. Twisted Insurrection and all of its assets, with the exception of
original Tiberian Sun assets and public assets as listed in the credits, are
property of the Twisted Insurrection Team. You are not permitted to use any
proprietary assets from Twisted Insurrection in any public project without
explicit permission from the developers.
If you wish to use our assets for your own private and personal use, this is of
course allowed, but any form of redistribution of the mod assets is strictly
forbidden, with or without credit unless you've been given permission.
Twisted Insurrection is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0
15. Why is any new tech cut-off once there are 74 cameos in the sidebar?
This is the result of a work-around developed to prevent the whiteboy-bug
(named after the modder that discovered it), which crashes the game if there are more than 74 cameos available.
The work-around prevents these crashes, however it does so by capping the
amount of cameos you can see in the sidebar. This is one of the reasons
why tech content is not available in certain game modes.
16. Will individual missions be selectable again in future releases?
Yes a feature that allows you to toggle between campaign or individual mission selection is
currently in the works and will be available in the client settings.
That's all for now. Hopefully these resolved any questions you
might've had. If not, then feel free to reach us.
Edited by Crimsonum & ErastusMercy on 10th Oct 2020
Last edited by Aro on Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:34 am; edited 16 times in total
||You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group